Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Disappointed in Natural Instincts "Shine Happy"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use the OTC Clairol Natural Instincts hair color (partly because it's easy to use and partly because it works sufficiently and I haven't been motivated enough to experiment with any other lines). The last time I was in WM I saw a new Natural Instincts product called "Shine Happy"--a clear shine treatment promoted to "Put healthy-looking shine and silkiness back into your hair . . . adds beautiful shine for most types of hair: natural, permed, highlighted or color-treated!" I thought it would be fun to give it a try.
What a disappointment! It dulled my hair, made it feel limp, and took out a lot of the color. Isn't this the extreme opposite of what it is supposed to do?! It was a waste of money and I feel like I ended up with damaged hair. Needless to say, I don't recommend this product to anyone! Doubt

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I've been wondering about this product, but after hearing your review I will definitely pass. I have long, fine, dark brown hair, and every couple of months I go to the salon to have a "clear gloss" put on my hair. This clear gloss costs $30, and it's like dyeing your hair clear (which kinda sounds what this clairol stuff was trying for)--- my beautician puts it on with a hair dye brush, then it sets for a wow, and then when she washes it out---- WOW!! Not only does it boost shine AND body (the first few weeks after I have it done, I have so much body that I can go two days without washing and blow drying my hair-- usually I can only go one...), but it also seems to protect my hair. So, if anyone has been disappointed by the clairol stuff, a clear gloss at the salon might be just what you're looking for. One word of warning--- for the first few days after the gloss, for some odd reason my hair looks slightly lighter--- more of a golden-brown color---- but it goes away after a few days and then I'm back to my normal color, just shiner.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
[quote="manslayerliz"]. . . every couple of months I go to the salon to have a "clear gloss" put on my hair.

Manslayerliz,
Do you know what the gloss is called? I'm interested, but I don't want to make any more "mistakes". Shock
[we need a little emoticon having a bad hair day!]

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I think it's just called a "clear gloss." My beautician also described it as dyeing your hair clear. It's such an incredible treatment!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I think it's just called a "clear gloss." My beautician also described it as dyeing your hair clear. It's such an incredible treatment!

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it. I should know better than to try to do these things myself. If you want a professional job, go to a professional! I learned my lesson this time around. Brick wall

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |