Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need Recommendation for Tinted SPF Moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm desperately looking for an uber product to simplify my morning routine. I want a product that works like a light foundation to mask redness and even out my complexion, has an SPF of 15 or greater, a moisturizer, and that has antiaging properties.

I'm so tired of dealing with layering several products in the morning and would love to simplify: Just cleanse, apply metrogel for my rosacea, then uber prodect, lipstick, and mascara, and that's it--out the door. I currently cleanse, tone, metrogel, vit C serum, anti-aging serum, sometimes healing serum, moisturize, then makeup w/ SPF (waiting a 5-10 minutes between each layer to let them soak in). What a pain!

I'm thinking a tinted moisturizer would be my best bet. I currently use Clinique's Almost Makeup, which works okay as a light foundation and SPF, but it has no antiaging properties and I end up having to reapply it at lunch and in the evening before going out. Has anyone tried Dr. Perricone's tinted moisturizer? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I tried and loved
Dermalogica Full Spectrum Block SPF15:

"A moisture-rich full spectrum sunblock cream for face and body that hydrates the skin as it provides triple protection against damaging UVA, UVB and Infrared rays."

I sounds like it is a really heavy moisturiser but it is not at all, also has a lovely very soft citrus scent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
rosebud - is this protector tinted though? I think she's looking for something tinted to replace make-up as well as protect and moisturize.

I can't think of any product out there off-hand that has all three of these qualities. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
No it is not timted although Dr Hauschka Transucent Bronze Concentrate mixed in would give a lovely tinted moisturiser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Tarte Smooth operator is spf 20. It's a cross between a sheer foundation and tinted moisturizer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I just posted this in another topic, but Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15 is awesome! I think it comes in Light, Medium and Dark. I've only been using it for a few weeks but so far I really like it. I think the coverage is enough that you don't need foundation over it if your skin is in good shape.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
I just ordered the IS clinical product that seems to cover all of these bases--I will let you know who it goes!

Best,
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I just posted this in another topic, but Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15 is awesome! I think it comes in Light, Medium and Dark. I've only been using it for a few weeks but so far I really like it. I think the coverage is enough that you don't need foundation over it if your skin is in good shape.

I agree, I like Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint too. Its not oily and it gives the skin a healthy glow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Everyone, for the recommendations! I'll give Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15 a try.

I also want to hear about the IS Clinical one, especially cuz it has anti-aging properties in addition to moisture, makeup, and SPF. Please post a review when you get a chance.

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote

SPF 58, and with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.

I'm too fair to wear this unless I am wearing self-tanners in the summer months. But for very special occasions when I want a lovely and finished "makeup" look in one step for daytime, it is the only U.S.-manufactured sunscreen I'll wear on my face/neck/chest/shoulders. It photographs well, too.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey has a new tinted sunscreen spf 20.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Padimate O (PABA Ester), Titanium Dioxide.
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Iron Oxides, Organic Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Carrot Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Silica, Lecithin.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=253&cat=16

I don't think you will find a sunscreen with a ton of anti-aging actives. Best just to mix an anti-aging serum in your hand with the sunscreen and put it on at the same time. Although I think that most anti-aging stuff comes in a serum cause it penetrates better on it's own without a bunch of oils or creams on the skin yet.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Try Amore Pacific's sunscreen. It is not tinted, but it covers all of the other bases that you wanted. What I do is mix my AP sunscreen with a teeny tiny bit of Kevin Aucoin's sensual skin enhancer and voila!!! tinted moisturizer and sunscreen. I mix about a week's worth at a time and I put it in a little 3mL sample jar that I have. Here is the info about the AP sunscreen...

Natural Protector SPF 30/PA +++
ALL SKIN TYPES

An advanced, oil-free formula designed to protect against aggressive environmental damage while providing soothing hydration. Energizing botanicals combine with sunscreens for effective UVA / UVB and antioxidant protection.

Perspiration absorbing particles keep skin fresh and matte.

Vitamin E offers anti-oxidant protection against free radical damage
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I will certainly post a review, but I am currently still waiting for it... Crying or Very sad

Jeannine wrote:
Thanks, Everyone, for the recommendations! I'll give Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15 a try.

I also want to hear about the IS Clinical one, especially cuz it has anti-aging properties in addition to moisture, makeup, and SPF. Please post a review when you get a chance.

Thanks!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Juice Beauty Tinted Moisturizer. It only comes in 1 color wich is pretty light...it wasnt a problem before but now...after my vacation I am noticing that it has given me a grey cast because it is really light. I bought Loreal Blendable makeup and I mix in a few drops when I apply it...it seems to do the trick. I have also tried Dermalogica and I really liked it!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the IS Clinical tinted sunscreen a few days ago. It looks pretty dark from the tube, but looks alot lighter on the face. I'm really pale so I mixed it 50/50 with my other ISC untinted sunscreen and it gave me a nice natural look.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious if mixing some tinted sunscreen (e.g. Valmont Time Perfection) with other moisturizer. Will that affect the protection at all?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It also has SPF 20 in it.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dermalogica's sheer tint too! In medium.
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I love Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF25 mix with a little of Shiseido's Fluid w/SPF 42

5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and would recommend it strongly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Ocha wrote:
Just curious if mixing some tinted sunscreen (e.g. Valmont Time Perfection) with other moisturizer. Will that affect the protection at all?

If you mix a tinted sunscreen with a moisturizer that contains NO sunscreen then you would lessen the protection of the sunscreen. It may be okay to do depending on how much you dilute the sunscreen with moisturizer.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Dr. Perricone's tinted moisturizer. The pluses to the formula are:
A. The color is very natural looking.
B. The formula did not cause me any breakouts.

However, it is not at all long wearing. If you cry or get any kind of moisture on your face, you will get a very distinct tear tracks down your face. This is a huge deterrent to me, because I want as worry free makeup as possible.

I have tried and liked ALOT Cosmedicine Honest Face Skin Tint & Treatment. " A lightweight, all-in-one face finisher and skin treatment with antioxidants and UVA/UVB, SPF 20 sunscreens. " Available at Sephora.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like Laura Mercier, and there's a new oil free version.

I also like Aveda's tinted moisturizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I finally received my IS Clinical tinted sunscreen today, and it's excellent! It is a little dark for normal skin types, however--I'm very olive skinned and I felt like I was putting a muddy color on my face, but somehow, it adapted to my skin tone and now I just look glowy and natural. I've been laying off the st tropez on my body lately, so I do think this is a great sunscreen for summer, but most likely not for winter. I really like that it contains centella asiatica and olive leaf extract--two of is clinical's mainstays in their other products. it makes me feel like i have a lot of bases covered with one product: sunblock, tinted moisturizer, and plants extracts all in one. It is lighter and less greasy than both of the skinceuticals sunblocks, but I most likely will be blending this with my SC UV defense 30 in order to achieve more transparent coverage.

I will say that even with a bit of the SC UV defense mixed in, this product achieves a much 'silkier' appearance than a greasier one. A fabulous all-purpose sunscreen over all!
I cannot comment on its interference with pores or acne, however, since my skin is as tough as nails and very non-reactive.
I just used Valmont renewing pack for the first time, though, so maybe my skin looks extra-good due to that and PSF's Firming Toner! At any rate, those three products are a winning combination, and a very nice pick-me-up for someone who is about to undergo comprehensive doctoral oral exams next week Confused Ironically, please forgive the unelegant wording of this message--my usual impressive grasp on the english language is escaping me at the moment--

Well, wish me luck, my fellow skin-smart ladies!

best,
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena has one called Healthy Skin Enhancer that's gotten good reviews on cosmeticscop.com It has retinol and SPF 20 in it and runs around $12 in drugstores.

Here's what Paula says:
" Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20 ($10.99) combines an in-part titanium dioxide sunscreen with retinol and a hint of color, all of which serve to enhance skin due to their respective qualities. Moreover, there is more than just a dusting of retinol in this product, which makes it unique! It has a light, creamy texture and a satin finish appropriate for those with normal to dry skin. If an oily T-zone is an issue, this product should be set with powder to reduce the sheen it leaves on skin. The six sheer shades are great and include options for fair (but not very fair) to tan skin tones. In addition—and this is again unusual for a foundation—plenty of antioxidants are included. Neutrogena's makeup tends to be a mixed bag, but this product proves that they are capable of setting new benchmarks for their drugstore contemporaries to strive for, not just keeping up with their competitors."

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |