Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
aspirin mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi everone. I was wondering how often to use the aspirin mask? I used it two night in a row, laid off it last night,(was too tired actually) and did it this morning after my shower. Is that two much of it?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
depends on what skin type you have... For me I could never do it that often - my face would be raw Shock ... but there are people who can use it every day...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I do it at least 3 times a week--- and I feel like I could even do it more often if I weren't so lazy. My skin really seems to love it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I do it every evening and my skin loves it. I got my BF doing it every evening and his skin even looks better than mine! He is even getting compliments on how good his face looks. Wouldn't you know it--I try like crazy to improve my skin, and HE gets the compliments! To be frank, we are both "addicted" to the aspirin mask. I had never heard of it before discovering the EDS forum. It's one of the best-kept "secrets" EVER!!
[We use CareKate's version using sugar, lactic acid (from The Personal Formulator), aloe vera (from The Personal Formulator), and essential oils (and I put clay in mine because I have very oily skin). You can look up the various versions/recipes on the DIY Recipe thread to find a version that suits your skin type. It's AWESOME! Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've found that I get good results if I use it two or three nights in a row during the week. The effect usually lasts a few days for me (so far anyway, I'm still new to this mask also). I make up enough for the few days and use it all up, since I put milk in mine and I want to use it before it curdles... Confused
I have to add that I've been reading this forum for ages now, and I am sorry that I took so long to pick up on this also, I'm not a DIY'er by any stretch, but this mask is soooo easy it's brilliant, plus with the milk and honey it smells divine to boot!
Now, I wouldn't be without it, LOVE IT!!!!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 12:52 am      Reply with quote
I use the aspirin mask 1-2 times a week. I could probably do it a bit more but it's hard for me to find the time during the day to let it sit on my face for awhile.
I do love the aspirin mask though! I even tried it on my mom while she was visiting. She is a total skeptic for any type of skin product and she was even impressed with how soft her skin felt afterwards.

5% products discount

Mon May 15, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new here, trying to learn all these skincare stuff. I heard so many compliment about this Aspring maks, but to me it looks like most people who likes asprin mask have oil or combined skin type. I have vey dry and sensitive skin, do yoy think I can also use this wonderful mask?

thanks.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi - My skin is definitely not oily. It's a little on the dry side and slightly sensitive, although I find that these things have improved with better products. The aspirin mask does not bother me at all. Also, my mother has really dry skin and when she gave it a try, it didn't bother her either.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I tried the aspirin mask a few times about a year ago when I was just reading these boards and not participating. I did like my skin afterwards, but it made me sneeze sooo bad! I mixed it with aloe. I'm going to try it again today or tomorrow and mix it with some plain yogurt. I've been hearing so many raves about this I really have to give it another try...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I use just plain yogurt and 5 to 6 aspirin. Do you think I could get better result using milk and aloe?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried using aloe, but I get AMAZING results using cream and honey.

5% products discount

Mon May 15, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mammamia for letting me know your result, I think I will go ahead and give it a try.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz, can you tell me what kind of cream and how much of it and honey? I'd like to try it also. Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi razinkane! I use whatever heavy cream or half and half---whatever I have in my fridge at the moment!^-^ What I do is I put just a teaspoon or so of the cream over about 10-15 aspirins, and then after that has soaked it, I use a teaspoon or so of honey to turn it into a paste to smear on my face. Don't worry if it ends up too runny--- it still works, and you'll get the hang of a thicker texture after a few tries. (Sometimes I turbo charge the mix with a half teaspoon of fresh greentea--- really helps with acne!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi manslayerliz, your recipe for 10-15 asprin is this for 1 use or multiple masks?
I normally only use 3 asprin with heavy cream, honey, brown sugar, pure aloe vera juice (quickly dissolves asprin) and a drop of tea tree oil. Love the way my skin feels!!!
How often do you use this mask?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
HI Laine! I guess it depends how much mask you use--- I slather it on, so my recipe is for a single use. (Though sometimes I have a little left over so I put it on my husband's face too^-^) I use this mask at least 3-4 times a week. Your mask sounds a lot like mine, actually! I don't add tea tree oil to mine, but after I rinse my mask off I use PSF's balancing oil which contains tea tree oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Manslayerliz, I'm going to try that. Would the half and half just be the regular stuff like hood?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Yeh, the half and half is just the stuff you buy in the dairy section. I always keep some in my fridge for soups, quiche, etc, so it's convenient that it makes such a good aspirin mask too!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
HI Laine! I guess it depends how much mask you use--- I slather it on, so my recipe is for a single use. (Though sometimes I have a little left over so I put it on my husband's face too^-^) I use this mask at least 3-4 times a week. Your mask sounds a lot like mine, actually! I don't add tea tree oil to mine, but after I rinse my mask off I use PSF's balancing oil which contains tea tree oil.

How long do you leave this on? Going to give it a try while I'm waiting for CareKates order to arrive. Also going to put what's left over on the husbands face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

How long do you leave this on? Going to give it a try while I'm waiting for CareKates order to arrive. Also going to put what's left over
on the husbands face.

First time you try it leave on for 5-10 min...It dependes on your skin and what it likes, start slow and remember to gently massage the mask off with water - so you don't hurt yourself on the aspirin.

HTH

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
It really depends on how your skin feels. I went through a phase of using asprin mask everyday for a while. My skin is good now that I don't need to use it often anymore. Or maybe I just gotten lazy Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I've never tried using aloe, but I get AMAZING results using cream and honey.

I use aloe or honey most of the time. Occasionally I use yogurt.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I just did my first aspirin mask. I used yogurt, 4 aspirins and a little aloe. Felt really nice, in fact wanted to leave it on forever. After I took it off, my face was really red and still is. Is this normal? I left it on for 15 minutes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I just did my first aspirin mask. I used yogurt, 4 aspirins and a little aloe. Felt really nice, in fact wanted to leave it on forever. After I took it off, my face was really red and still is. Is this normal? I left it on for 15 minutes.

Wow...I don't think the redness is normal at all. I leave my Asprin mask on for a very long time and every time my face looks as pale and clear as ever. Is it possible that you are allergic to Asprin? Did you scrub your face to remove the mask? Should just wet your fingers and slowly add more water to remove the mask instead of scrubbing. I hope the redness will subside soon. Think

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
If I am allergic to aspirin it's news to me. I filled up the sink with warm water and blotted it off with a wash cloth, no rubbing. The redness has subsided somewhat. It felt so good on my face, so much so that I am going to be mad if this is something I can't use.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |