Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Does anyone know of any makeup that covers tattoos?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone had ever used a makeup that could cover up tattoo's. I have to be in a wedding this saturday and need to cover it up. So if anyone could give me any suggestion I would appreciate it. Thank you.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
colortration.com. Used just for that. I got it for my very dark circle under eyes and works well for that too. AND they send samples so that you can mix to get the right color. A set of 6 I believe. Very helpful over the phone too. so I suggest calling.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale has a concealer that supposedly covers tatoos. I read a review a long time ago and someone said it worked great. IF you go on to EDP's JI site under concealer you will find the one I am talking about!!

Feliz
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wenrwdy & Feliz - Thank you very much. I will go check it out. Thank you. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen Dermablend stocked at Boots, this covers Tattoos Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud - Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen it at Macy's. I'll also check this out. I know it won't cover it completely but just to be able to camouflage it.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
Rosebud - Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen it at Macy's. I'll also check this out. I know it won't cover it completely but just to be able to camouflage it.

If you've got a Macy's nearby I'm assuming you're not in Canada. We've got CoverFX which is very pigmented and has lots more shades than Dermablend. I think Nordstrom carries it in the US.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I've always wondered about "cover" concealers like Dermablend. Do they stay put? Do they rub off on your clothes or melt in the heat or change color or anything? Do your arms and legs "look" like they have make-up on them, or is it a natural look? How easy are the colors matched to the skin?

I considered this option at one time for sun-spots on my arms and legs after Hydroqinone (YIKES!) didn't work.

Anybody actually use these products?? What are your opinions on it. Thanks. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Stardust - Thank you. I'll go to Nordstrom and check out if the store carries that line.
I checked out Dermablend but they didn't have alot of colors, so when it was applied to my skin it looked really dark, even with the lightest shade they had, my tattoo was somewhat camouflaged but the discoloration on my skin was very noticeable. My friend also let me try Exuviance (which she said is to cover as well) but I had the same problem. And it takes awhile to apply the makeup. Apply a thin layer than wait 3-5 minutes, than apply more. But it just got really cakey and really dark. So matching the skin tone for me has been difficult. I'll give the CoverFX a try, hopefully I'll get a better result.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, qisme615.

Here's the CoverFX website: http://www.coverfx.com/

The cream foundation has the most shades, 40+ and is their core product. Hopefully you can find one that matches your skin. BTW the website has a list of Nordstroms that carry the line so you can check before you head out. Good luck!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
colortration.com. Used just for that. I got it for my very dark circle under eyes and works well for that too. AND they send samples so that you can mix to get the right color. A set of 6 I believe. Very helpful over the phone too. so I suggest calling.

I just received my Colortration samples and all I can say is WOW! This stuff is amazing! I had to order 7 samples (how they do it) even though I knew that only a couple of the shades would work, as it is I'm mixing #3 'palest ivory, yellow under tones' with #10 'medium olive beige, yellow under tones' about half and half and I literally need a pin head to do each under eye! It covers so amazingly well. I like that it's a liquid that dries as opposed to a creamy type full coverage foundation/concealer. So, thank you Wendy for posting about this stuff! I haven't used it as a foundation yet, I will update on how that goes.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
How did you know which colors to get?

I just ordered colortration and I'm excited to get it!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I just got my colortration order but didn't find an exact color match. Shade 14 is about the right depth but it's too orangey. I think I'm more olive than that but the 21 shade is way to dark. However, I do love the opaqueness.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
i am olive too but shade 14 works perfect for me, and 15 is good when i have a (fake, St tropez-induced) tan. it is an excellent product, although i can tell i am wearing it, which annoys me a little. i don't really like wearing much face makeup, but i got it for post-ipl redness and bruising and although i have none of that, it covers what is left of my spider veins perfectly. i would recommend using a bit of self-tanner and maybe 14 will work well, or blending the 21 with a bit of a lighter shade!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I'm actually trying to get rid of a tan so I won't be using self tanner. I guess I'm really olive - my skin looks greenish next to the concealer. I think I'll try mixing the 21 with something lighter if I can find a lighter olive shade, as you suggested. Thanks!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
yes, i totally understand your point. i too looked at the 21 and exclaimed to myself, well, isn't that the perfect color that i never see? oh, but it is so dark!
I suppose because I have naturally dishwater ashy hair and hazel eyes, I'm not going for the all-over khakhi-olive look! So I dye my hair a light brown with golden overtones and i use self-tanner to counteract my 'natural' tendencies to blend in with a j.crew catalog...

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I can't quite get the shade right. I've played with it and played with it. The 21 is the right tone just too dark. So I mixed it with 10 and 14, thinking the 10 would lighten up the 21 OR the 21 would make the 14 less orangey. Neither worked. It's a shame cuz it covers well.

Part of the problem is that I'm using it as a spot concealer and on the area around my mouth (where the laugh lines would be), which is so prominent and noticeable. If I were covering something on the side of my face, it might be OK.

Back to the drawing board.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |