Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your Favourite Beauty Magazine and Books
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up two beauty books this weekend at Chapters and it made me think it would be fun to know if there are any other "beauty books" or magazines that people enjoy.

The two books I picked up were "Instyle: Getting Gorgeous" and "Face Foreward: Kevyn Aucoin". I've wanted the last book for a while now and finally bought it. I think both will be really interesting reads.

As for magazines, my favourite is Allure. I also pick up the odd Glamour, Marie Claire and sometimes Instyle. And although it's not a "beauty" magazine, I have to come clean about my obsession with US Weekly Smile. I am trying to break my habit of buying it every week, but I still find myself picking it up far too often.

What does everyone else read for their beauty fix?
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
My best are Cosmopolitan and Instyle.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I rarely buy mags, but if I'm in an airport, I pick up a "Prevention" magazine because it's small/compact and has a lot of great health/beauty related tips in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like Cosmopolitan also.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I like Allure, Glamour..sometimes Cosmo, but mostly its my hubby that reads it!

I *try* to stay away from US Weekly.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I like InStyle, Marie Claire, Allure and the little Brittish Glamour magazine is my fav. Very Happy
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
InStyle and the occasional Allure and Flare.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Reading the posts, I realized I totally forgot about my subscriptions! Smile I also get Flare, Glow and just ordered Fashion. I should cut back, but I absolutely love going through magazines and usually read them cover to cover.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I subscribe to Allure , also purchase Marie Claire.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Allure and InStyle
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Allure, British Glamour, British Vogue, Flare
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I don't buy any beauty magazines. I can read all of that stuff online so why bother? If I buy ANY magazine it is something like 'Time'.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Stopped buying those mags when I got connected to the internet. I find much better information here. I also thought the articles they had were mostly to promote their advertisers.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I currently subscribe to Allure but will probably not renew my subscription. I agree with donnababe that they are biased towards their advertisers.

I read the current issue of New Beauty and will probably read the next issue to see if I want to subscribe or not.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I read all my MIL's magazines, she mainly buys Good Housekeeping, Prima and such.
I really think magazines are such a waste of money, at the supermarket a magazine is the same price as a book so I normally treat myself to a book instead and then buy the weekend newspapers which have great magazines with them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I usually pick up a magazine when I have a long car ride ahead of me. We have a great system at work where we leave our old magazines in the kitchen, and anyone who is interested can help themselves. It saves a lot on buy them directly. I usually grab For Me, and Allure.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:
Stopped buying those mags when I got connected to the internet. I find much better information here. I also thought the articles they had were mostly to promote their advertisers.

I totally agree, I used to find this too and it annoyed me so much!
I do however purchase the Marie Claire and Madison magazines ocassionally in Australia, BUT since the Madison magazine came out, it'slike they've totally copied the Marie Claire - has anyone seen Suddenly 30 with Jennifer Garner where there's an insider reporting on all the artcile and features??? It's happening in Australia, I swear with these two mags - the same articles and even sometimes the same clothes - I've compared Shock .
Anyone else down under noticed this????
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
The internet has also taken over my need for magazines, but I do remain painfully addicted to Town & Country. Not a beauty mag, but it's my creature comfort.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
i stopped subscribing to Instyle cause i think there is more advertisement than there is a useful article. just personal opinion...
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
SHAPE! Smile Self is pretty good too

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about Instyle--- anymore it's just like one big advertisement.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I get the British Vogue, Interview, W & Utne Reader.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |