Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Success with Swellips anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I started using swellips about a week ago, and I noticed that it does plump alittle, but it's too soon to tell how much more my lips will plump. I got used to the taste, and now I like it. I used up most of the tube within a week. I probably applied too it too often, so I went ahead and ordered 2 more from Ebay. Has anyone else had success with Swellips?

Rita
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Not enough to keep me rubbing my lips every hour or two! But then again, I like instant gratification!!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
With Swell Lips, I had some plumping too, which I noticed about 2 days into using it. I have used it for 3+ weeks (3 times a day), and have not noticed much initial plumping since then. In the 3 weeks, I have only used 1/2 the bottle. I will not be ordering more. I ordered the LipFusion, and should get it this week. (Carekate, I too need immediate gratification!!)

I am also looking for something to go with LipFusion that I can use at night for possible long term plumping (besides the HA/Collagen supplements). Any suggestions? Something with MaxiLip, maybe?

Lori
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I bought a lip serum product from my local Target that had MaxiLip in it (I can’t even remember the name of the stuff, but it was $14.99USD for a small bottle of serum...I want to say it was called “Spa Labs” or something like that. I probably mentioned it on one of the other lip plumping threads (maybe in the first couple pages of the “Eureka - I’ve found the ultimate lip plumper” thread???) if you’re just desperate to found out the name of it. It was in the outside aisle (el cheapo cosmetics were on otherside) where they have salt scrub body products, and body product gift sets. Anyway, I used the stuff as directed for almost two months, but I didn’t see ANY results whatsoever....About the time I reached the bottom of the bottle, I discovered a hyaluronic acid serum by Reviva Labs at Whole Foods, which I bought thinking it would be good for my lips, but that sh*t didn’t work either. Then I discovered the HA supplements at my local Walgreens, and the rest – as they say – is history....

Bottom line: I don’t think MaxiLip is worth a flip in terms of plumping ability, but if you don’t want to take my word for it, then I recommend trying Sally Hansen’s lip plumping conditioner. It has MaxiLip in it but it only costs less than $5USD, and it’s actually not too bad as a lip moisturizer/conditioner (similar to my beloved Gatineau Electelle Lip Care lip cream) so it’s a fairly cheap product to experiment with....

Just my 2˘!
Carrie
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on MaxiLip. I guess most of those lip plumping claims of a 40% increase are just too good to be true.

I use the Sally Hansen Lip Conditioner & Plumper. Didn't know it had MaxiLip in it. They don't list it on the packaging (although I didn't look at the list of ingredients). I do like it alot. It has SMOOTHED out the lines on my lips tremedously.

Also, I love the HA/Collagen supplements, and wouldn't have found that if it wasn't for this board. HURRAY!!!!

My lips are full and lineless (thanks to Sally Hansen & Source Naturals), I was just hoping for a litle EXTRA puffiness. Hopefully the Lip Fusion will do the trick and I can end my search.

Any other suggestions on making my lips "puffier"?
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am the same way...a little plumping but not enough to repurchase.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I remembered the name of that lip plumping serum I bought at Target: “Maxi-Lip Serum” by Spa Sciences. Not that I’m recommending it, mind you! Think of it more as a warning of ‘products to be avoided’!!!
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I think I went a little overboard here, but I really wanted to know how I would look in "really" fuller lips. I'm still using Swellips, but this evening I decided, why not??!! I want to really know how I would look with Angelina Jolie lips or collagen injections. I can't help but laugh at myself, but here it goes...

I'm highly allergic to peanuts, and I know that when my husband kissed me in the past when we dated after having a candy bar with peanuts in it, my lips swelled up. So, I thought why not?? I slathered on just a small dab on my lips tonight, and within a couple minutes, my lower lip filled out much more than any lip plumper I've ever tried. But you know what? Fatter lips definately doesn't look good on me. I think that the subtle fullness that the Source Naturals HA w/Biocell and lip plumpers give me is full enough for me. I still haven't figured out if the effort with Swellips is worth it or not. I seem to lick it often cause I kinda got around to liking the flavor. So, it ends up being wasted. I'm probably going to switch to another lip plumper when I run out of Swellips eventually. Does anyone know if Lipfusion works better over time?? I used it for a week and returned it to Sephora's because I was the only person to notice the very slight plumping effect. Perhaps I returned it too soon??

Anyone??

Thanks,
Rita
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:
Does anyone know if Lipfusion works better over time?? I used it for a week and returned it to Sephora's because I was the only person to notice the very slight plumping effect. Perhaps I returned it too soon??

Anyone??

Yeah, give it some time. I too was going to return LipFusion, thinking it didn't do anything. I'm only lucky I'm so damned lazy, as I couldn't be bothered to get to a Sephora right away Laughing

I noticed awhile later that my lips were fuller in general, even when I wasn't wearing anything to plump them. I think it increases lip size overall - at least for me, sort of what City Lips was supposed to do.

HTH! Very Happy
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait for my lipfusion to get here. I'll make sure to not expect much immediately and try to be patient (not my strong suit) and see what happens over a couple week's time.

Thanks girls!
beautyaddict1977

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
there is a new one on the market - i swear this works - called the Hollywood Prescription. it's got a cool exfoliant that comes with it - has anyone tried? go towww.hollywoodrx.com. i have an inside scoop and an beauty editor in new york recommended it to me saying it was the newest hottest thing. i am a plumper addict (thin lips) and i like it.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Swellips today! Finally! Smile It has an interesting taste and smell but I noticed a plumping right away. It's cool, I like it! You should see it though, you can see the cayenne pepper in a honey colour/texture base. It also has some white bits.
I will review it with exact ingredients and instructions after I've used it at least two weeks.

I've also picked up (and am using on top of the Swellips), Blistex Herbal Answer Lip Protectan spf 15, which I love!!! I've been using it for a few days now and my lips feel great. It has 45.9% Petrolatum (Vasoline?) I don't know if this is any good for the lips. It also has aloe, chamomile, AVOCADO!!, jojoba and shea butter. It's quite nice and I really like it doesn't have a minty, hot feel on the lips. I was looking for the Sally Hansen lip conditioner/balm but they didn't have it.

Editing to add: I forgot to mention, the Blistex Herbal seems to be making my lips pinker but that could just be because they are nicely conditioned with it, they most definitely look and feel better after using it for a few days. Better than with my Dr Hauschka pot of lip balm....I know, that's blasphemy! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Beautyaddict:

Could you provide alist of ingredients in the HOLLYWOOD PRESCRIPTION lip plumping set? I went to there website but it was very vague and no where could I find a list of ingredients.

I am very interested, but want to make sure there is nothing in it that I might "react" to.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Lori
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Could you provide alist of ingredients in the HOLLYWOOD PRESCRIPTION lip plumping set? I went to there website but it was very vague and no where could I find a list of ingredients. I am very interested, but want to make sure there is nothing in it that I might "react" to.
FYI - I emailed those Hollywood Rx a couple weeks ago (when someone on the board first mentioned the company) asking for a list of their ingredients, but they never responded – just like that other lip plumper (Lip Solution??) endorsed by Pam Anderson. To me, that’s a red flag of a possible rip-off, unless Beauty Addict is kind enough to post her list of ingredients and I find there’s something in this plumper that really blows my socks off....

Lolli - please be careful with the Swellips when you’re wiping it off. One day when I was applying it at work (trying to follow the instructions to ‘be religious’), I didn’t have time to run to the restroom to get a wet papertowel to remove the access honey, so I just used a dry napkin – and ended up tearing up my lips pretty badly trying to get the little bits of “bark” and what-all off my mouth. The moral: always, always, ALWAYS use a damp/wet cloth to wipe away the excess!!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
My experience with Swellips is that YES...it seems to work and immediately....BUT for me the results didn't go beyond what I saw right away. I applied it 3-4 times a day for 3 weeks and at the end of the 3 weeks, my lips looked the same as after the very first time I applied it. She definitely makes it sound like the more you use it...and over time your lips will continue to plump. NOT SO with me!

I've given it up. I'm sticking with my Source Naturals HA tablets. Those seem to have given the most noticeable results.

Lori
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
You know, this Swellips stuff is sticky! I'm not going to massage my lips at all, I did put it on before bed last night, only on my outer lips, the taste is pretty strong. My lips are fuller this morning but I agree, it's a wee bit of a pain to apply and remove. I tried to wipe it off with a kleenex too, no tearing, just a big wad of kleenex stuck to my mouth, it's so darn sticky!

Like Carrie, my lips are naturally full, I don't know why I bother! Guess I'm trying to excentuate my nicest feature. Smile

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:00 am      Reply with quote
not sure about the ingredients in Hollywood - it says on my packaging collagen and hyaluronic acid are used to "stimulate the production of lips own c and ha". sorry - i don't know if those would be things you are allergic to? also listed in the Serum are mineral oil, canola oil and some high tech things that i don't know. try contacting them again???
istres24

Sat May 27, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hollywood Prescription.

Don't waste your money.

I had looking at their site and was quite disturbed that all their so called before and afters were of people who already had huge lips. Why would they need it.

I've been using it for a few weeks and it is like a smooth silky gel. It is junk.

Anyone who wants to sell something will use Paris and I'm sure her lips aren't plump because of this Hollywood prescription. Exclamation
istres24

Sat May 27, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mom2tommax"]I can't wait for my lipfusion to get here. I'll make sure to not expect much immediately and try to be patient (not my strong suit) and see what happens over a couple week's time.

Thanks girls![/quote]

Don't waste your money on Lip Fusion. I bough a sample and the first time I used it it tingled and my lips seemed to plump for a bit.

The next time I used it, no reaction.

I'm not shelling out $40 for nothing.
istres24

Sat May 27, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mom2tommax"]I can't wait for my lipfusion to get here. I'll make sure to not expect much immediately and try to be patient (not my strong suit) and see what happens over a couple week's time.

Thanks girls![/quote]

Don't waste your money on Lip Fusion. I bough a sample and the first time I used it it tingled and my lips seemed to plump for a bit.

The next time I used it, no reaction.

I'm not shelling out $40 for nothing.
istres24

Sat May 27, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Rita"]I started using swellips about a week ago, and I noticed that it does plump alittle, but it's too soon to tell how much more my lips will plump. I got used to the taste, and now I like it. I used up most of the tube within a week. I probably applied too it too often, so I went ahead and ordered 2 more from Ebay. Has anyone else had success with Swellips?

Rita[/quote]

I enjoy the Swellips. I usually don't use it during the day, but will apply it while I am sitting on the computer and do the so called rub you are suppose to do. I think I've been only using it for a week, but I'm using so much stuff it is hard to tell what is working.

I'm using Wexler, Pout and Swellips. Something is making a difference and I don't want to stop and just use one to find out just quite yet. I enjoy my .2% increase.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |