Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
The answer to anti-aging (its a question...)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing ALOT of research lately (lots of time on my hands... Laughing ), and have noticed that there are a few lines now that claim to have anti-aging benefits and have combined alot of actives in one product - a serum or cream. As an example, La Prairie have released an anti-aging intervention cream, which appears to contain Vit C, Vit A and a facial relaxant - marketing it to 30 year olds to prevent aging and illuminate skin - working in many ways (or so the brochure says, but one thing is by inhibiting the inflammatory response of your skin).
Also Darphin had a product combining Vit C and A also which gets great reviews on MUA (cant remember the name of it), and I also looked at interest at Pevonia's Myoxy-Caviar line which looked to combine similar actives.
Has anyone tried these types of creams, and is there any reason why we should add multiple products to our regime if these creams/serums which combine many things in one, do work??
Just wanted to open this up to discussion since this is becoming proliferant in spa lines too???
Thanks,
Melissa
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have to say that I have become a little bored with some of the claims. Apart from the uncontrollable urge to try products that I have had on a list for a while, I now prefer to use products that appear to have some credible science and testing behind them. The key word here is "appear" as we generally have to accept some of the claims re testing and science.
So apart from the drawer full of "yet to try", my staple products are now Juvedical, ISC and Remergent for all the anti aging and skin improvement stuff and I am yet to settle on cleanser and exfoliator.
I had to add an edit to this as I left out one more staple being Photolagen and Tripeptinon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy, deep down, I agree with you, I'm not so much bored with the claims as I am indulging in wishful thinking that they may be true... Smile
As do most people, I feel overwhelmed by the amount of claims (and counter-claims) about products that you should and shouldn't use to avoid aging - the difference between which extracts and which EO's, and which new technology and "breakthrough" is going to work for me Sad . It's not the wrinkles or getting older that bothers me so much as it is that I want to look healthy and bright in my skin, your face is the first thing people notice and having lovely soft, smooth glowing skin is on everyone's wishlist. I know I look youngre than what I am, and I would like to stay this way!!! Laughing I'm guessing the only way to figure out what is right and what isnt is to try things out, it can just get expensive in the end, and time-consuming!!! Rolling Eyes
I've pretty much decided for now to buy products that make me feel like they are special, so that my routine is a treat and not a drag, and it's not about the cost so much also I've decided (my partner and I are what you'd call DINKS Laughing ). Hopefully in the process I'll discover my HG skincare products, and let you all know Wink
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I think I may have been a bit unfair to some companies as I have a lot of respect for PSF, Kosmea and Jurlique, I use their products for, as you say, the "feel good" qualities and I am glad they are available.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
okay, so what is a "DINK"?
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Double Income No Kids
gaga-googoo

Wed May 17, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
If your looking to prevent wrinkles then apply a physical sunscreen everyday to any exposed skin areas.

If your looking to repair/reduce wrinkles and improve aging skin then your best bet is Retin-a .025. It has at least a 20 year track record. Stay away from Renova .05, it is too strong for most.

If your looking to add moisture into your skincare regimen then you should use what are called BHOs or Biological Healing Oils like Squalane or Emu Oil.

I am amazed at all the junk that people are using on these message boards. BTW, products that contain Collagen and Elastin will not fix your aging skin. All they do is make the skin more moist.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Will retin a be irritating to sensitive, rocasea like skin? Even at a low percent?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
It can be, I know mine will not tolerate it in any pure form. I use IS Clinical Proheal, which is suited for rosacea prone skin. It contains retinol. I had to lay off for a while and I am alternating now with the Super Serum. But when my face is not hyper-sensitive, it does wonders for the glow and fine lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty much back to basics these days as you can see by my footer. It's partly my financial situation, I must admit, but I'm less than impressed by some high end cocktails.

The more I know, the more I'm leaning towards DIY, but I can't invest in the materials until I'm settled in one location so for the moment I'm bashing my face with one active at a time then hopefully I can see which are the optimum for my skin and the plan is I become a DIY diva and knock up the most fabulous personal cocktail ever. Anyway, that's the idea this week Confused

I wouldn't get all preachy about people using some of these products though. It's a matter of personal preference. Besides I find it really useful considering I'd never use any of them personally because the reviews and discussions often throw up some interesting new angles and ingredients. M Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Molly-I think the DIY is a great idea. I wish I had more time to do that (I dabble a little for foot and hand creams fro gifts and its very satisfying). With sensitive skin I also love the basic emu, Jojoba and camillia oil for really dry skin over my serums, nothing like them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I agree about going back to the basic too, i have tried a lot of expensive product but most of them didnt do anything on my skin. I think some of them actually cause more damaged than good maybe because there is a lot of active ingredients that is way too strong that could either make your skin better or worse. I think i am gonna try the dremu oil and see how its going to work on me. Its not that cheap but i am sure there is less ingredients on it.
fuzzy
5% products discount

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
i don't think there is such a thing as anti aging......just a spin on words to make us spend more money but i agree that along with growing older we do not have to look like dry prunes...the line that did the most for me....and i tried every one of them (almost) is elizebeth grant her line realy worked for me in improving over all look and feel you might also try philosophy her line is good and the cleanser purity is the best i have ever used for taking off make up, but the key is clean and exfoliate no matter what eles you do that is the key i had a lady in her 80's tell me that when in 20's start treating skin like like 40's and never never never go to bed with make up on must work because her skin looked great
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am constantly doing research as well and recently came across this article which I think makes alot of sense. Hopefully you all will too. It's nice to understand the different layers of the skin and why most topicals don't help much. It explains how bleaching creams work and other actives. And it also shows there are different decisions to be made - do you want to exfoliate dead debris, prevent collagen breakdown, encourage cells to overturn faster, provide more energy to the cells, heal damaged cells, etc. But the thought of aggressive glycolic acid peels make me nervous.

http://www.drimber.com/drimber/youth9.html
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
PNW-excellant article! Thanks for the link.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
PNW - <--- Is so smart....

Coll - you constantly make my DIY life easier...thank ya darlin'!

pnw wrote:
I am constantly doing research as well and recently came across this article which I think makes alot of sense. Hopefully you all will too. It's nice to understand the different layers of the skin and why most topicals don't help much. It explains how bleaching creams work and other actives. And it also shows there are different decisions to be made - do you want to exfoliate dead debris, prevent collagen breakdown, encourage cells to overturn faster, provide more energy to the cells, heal damaged cells, etc. But the thought of aggressive glycolic acid peels make me nervous.

http://www.drimber.com/drimber/youth9.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
a well written article. very straightforward, informative and helpful. especially liked the case write-ups at the end.

thanks pnw!
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
You are all very welcome! So glad I could help. Has anyone gone the route of a strong acid peel regime? What is the reality of healing and uglies I wonder?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |