Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marilyn Hair Brush - I am in love with a brush!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
This review is for the MARILYN GREEN STRAIGHT STYLING BRUSH.

I blow dry my hair staight on a daily basis and had become concerned about the amount of hair being left on my brush once I had finnished and decided it was time I invested in a good quality 100% Boar Hair Brush.

Marilyn Brushes are uniquely different from others I have come across in that the brush is Hour Glass Shaped, this is what the label claims:

"The anatomic shape of its head is thinner in the center providing better adaptaion to the contour of the head. It also allows for maximun tension of the hair. With Marilyn, simply section, 1/4 turn and pull.....no winding!'

Marilyn Gives:

*More Control and more stretching
*Better Styling in less time
*Better Finnishing of hair roots and hair ends *Stimulation of the scalp
*Prevents carpal tunnel

I chose the 2 1/2 inch which is perfect for my shoulder legnth hair.
I am amazed at the difference in my hair after just one week of using this brush.
It gives my fine hair volume, dries it poker dot straight and no sore scalp.
I have also noticed my hair is glossier and not at all frizzy or flyaway after blow drying. There is hardly any hair left on the brush afterwards.
The brush is a little weighty and has an easy grip soft sponge covered handle.

It was hard deciding which of the Marilyn Brushes to buy, I would have loved to get all of them!! This one best suited my hair, long and fine and the fact I wanted to create a sleek straight style with added volume.

I have now no need for ceramic hair flat irons as this brush does it all.

I paid about $21 from Ulta which was money well spent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
That sounds brilliant Rosebud. I also blowdry my hair every day, and until right now, thought that the brush was an inanimate object with little importance in this routine other than to hold my head outwards from my head Laughing (I'm very uncoordinated when it comes to the whole blowdrying thing - and having to tip your head upside down to give hair more volume has caused me a few injuries over the years also - NOT a morning person Cool ). I too have very fine hair (baby fine, and not alot of it either), which with most brushes goes so static it's ridiculous. I read your post three times before I actually started to believe that the right brush might help in my morning blowdrying session, then thought "by george, you just might have something here" Idea
Thanks, I will look for this and check it out!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Here's the link for the Marilyn site and one for Ulta:

http://www.themarilynbrush.com/

http://search.ulta.com/search?p=Q&lbc=ulta&uid=115275352&ts=custom&w=Marilyn&af=brand_marilyn&isort=score&method=and

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 3:34 am      Reply with quote
thankyou rosebud, much obliged Wink
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing
I'm in hysterics at the moment as I opened the Marilyn brush link and there is a big banner "learn how to use a round brush with our educational DVD", just like it was put there for a total blowdrying imbicile like me (seriously, you have NO idea how many times Ive tried to master this art and paid hairdressers to show me.. Shock ). I might just lash out and buy it...
...Still laughing Laughing Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I just seen this guide myself, I have always thought blow drying your own hair is hard!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
There are so many to choose from. What's the difference between all of the round ones?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
ok I spent ages studying each brush in the shop and reading all the bumph.
Essentially all the brushes do the same, however this is what I gathered:

*Double S Pro (green brush) - Better for straight styling and fine to medium hair.

*Tuxedo (Black/Cream Brush) - Designed specifically to give hair more volume, the bristles were slightly shorter I think.

*Ovali Pro - Oval shaped, good for volume, and more creative styling such as flicking the hair outwards at the ends etc.

*Thermal Red (Red Bresh)- Yes a Ceramic brush, heats up to a hotter temperature than the others and allows for faster drying time.

I think these were the only 4 brushes Ulta stocked.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |