Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
May I know your skin care routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bethc
5% products discount

Tue May 16, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm new and seem to be full of myself today. Just curious as to what you're routine is. I'm using Kyra right now. Love it! When I forget to order it I use Noxema Skin Shaving cream for sensitive skin and a mild moisturizer during the day and Cetaphil soap for sensitive skin at night. Not the Cetaphil lotion which I loathe. Sometimes I put on a moisturizer and sometimes not. I have very sensitive skin...normal to slightly dry in the winter. I don't break out. I'm 50 and post menopausal. Hardly any lines but the dreaded sagging is starting! Yuck. The less I do the better my skin looks. I also take some supplements recommended by Leslie Kenton in her book Skin Revolution. Hard to get her books her in US but I love her advice. I learned about Kyra from her book. I'd love to know what you're using. Thanks.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I too am a huge fan of Leslie Kenton, I have read most most of her books Very Happy

I agree with you about keeping skincare routine simple, I have oily skin with large pores, blackheads and the odd breakout, here is my current rountine:

*Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream or Homemade Version
*Witch Hazel
*Dr Hauschka Normalising Day Oil or Jojoba Oil or Groundnut Oil

Once a month when I have time I may use Dr Hauschka Clay mask or Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Face Mask or Sothy's Oxiliance Mask.

I take supplements of Zinc, Vitamin C, B Complex, Vitamin A and Acidophilus.

I also find that the less make-up I wear my skin looks much better, I never wear foundation, just a dusting of powder and not every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
My routine is ALLOT! but is very worth it, I get complimented on my skin/hair often.

AM
Cetephil for oily skin
Neutrogena 60 second mask-scrub
Cold water face rinse
10% homemade vitamin C serum
Aloe vera gel 100%
coppertone light-medium sunless oil-free
avenno SPF 30 sunscreen
almay clearing foundation and concealer
glopressed powder

for hair:

pure jojoba oil warmed in hands then distributed on the hair quickly (DRY HAIR NOT WET)

PM

Vasaline (rub on dry skin with rinse off with warm NEVER cold)
Cetephil for oily skin (in the pump)
Neutrogena 60 second mask-scrub
Cold water face rinse
10% homemade vitamin C serum
Aloe vera gel 100%
Retin A creme 0.005%

For hair:

baby shampoo
vo5 moisture hot oil then cold rinse
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
AM: Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming serum followed by Relax Plus with Vialox on forehead and Relax-A-Line on crow's feet and upper lip area. Then I put sunscreen on. (La Roche Posay Dermo-Pediatrics spf 40 Spray. Very nice, matte finish.)Top my eyes off with some extra Nivea CoQ10 eye cream or Jurlique's Wrinkle Protection cream.

PM: Wash with Neutrogena Pore Refining foaming cleanser with CSRx Polishing Grains added in for extra exfoliation. Then Retin-A 0.05% all over my face. Lately though, I have been not putting it on my chin area. Instead, I have been using the Pevonia Lightening Gel. I had some old acne marks there and wanted to lighten them up and smooth the area out more. It has helped quite a bit.

Also, if I'm having any breakout problems, I'll use Benzoyl Peroxide on the spots. (But no Retin-A on those spots. Can't put those two together - it's a real no-no.)

I like to use Effaklar K on my nose. It is effective at helping keep blackheads at bay. I always finish off AM and PM routine with either Nivea or the Jurlique eye cream.

On the "off night", I use Cellular Skin Rx Age-Limit Refinishing serum instead of Retin-A and all else stays the same.

Extras that I do occasionally: Papaya Enzyme peels, TCA 12.5% peels, jojoba or rice bran oil mask. Even vaseline mask sometimes.
Bethc
5% products discount

Tue May 16, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Daniel What does the vaseline do? Is it not greasy for the skin? I'm intrigued by it.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
It grabs onto the foundation and concealer to pull them off the skin before actually washing. Just remember to always rinse it off with warm-hot water instead of cold.
Bethc
5% products discount

Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Daniel.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
In a.m
Cleanse
vit.c
stimucoll eyes
roc contour and define for eyelids
relax a line
decleor ylang ylang oil
decleor matte skin fluid
photolagen
In p.m
cleanse
dr. hauschk cleansing cream
stimucoll eye
roc contour and define for eyelids
relax a line
photolagen
psf ha serum
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! I love these topics. Right now I'm on a Dermalogica kick, so my routine is as follows (all Dermalogica unless otherwise noted):

AM
Special Cleansing Gel
Elizabeth Arden Prevage
Multivitamin Powerfirm Eye & Lip
Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15
(and on days when I'll be out in sun for a while ... which is hardly never ... I add the Solar Defense Booster SPF30 to my moisturizer)

PM
Precleanse
Special Cleansing Gel
Microfoliant
Special Clearing Gel (T-Zone)
Night Bright (pigmented areas)
Multivitamin Concentrate (every second day)
Skin Renewal Booster (alternate days)
Multivitatmin PowerFirm Eye & Lip
Skin Smoothing Cream

Then once a week I am doing a mask with the Multivitamin Mask and the Refining Mask (tzone only).

I've been on this routine for about 3 weeks now. I've noticed that my skin tone seems brighter and my breakouts seem to be not as bad, but it's still too soon to tell if I'll repurchase all of these products.

The ones I AM sure that I would repurchase: Special Cleansing Gel, Multivitamin Power Firm Eye & Lip (I think this has really helped take away the fine lines I had starting around my eyes), Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15 and Skin Smoothing Cream.

Oh! And I just ordered that Peter Thomas Roth eye cream with Vitamin K for my dark circles and I want to order the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel!
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add emu oil to my list. That stuff is great, way better then baby oil (cosmetic mineral oil) or vasaline (petroleum jelly) for moisture, it penetrates the deepest dermal layers and add's essential omega 3, omega 6, vitamins, antioxidents and minerals without breaking me out or making my skin flush pink. Exclamation Honestly I think it is the equivalent-better then anything by la mer.
Bethc
5% products discount

Tue May 16, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
daniel7654 wrote:
I forgot to add emu oil to my list. That stuff is great, way better then baby oil (cosmetic mineral oil) or vasaline (petroleum jelly) for moisture, it penetrates the deepest dermal layers and add's essential omega 3, omega 6, vitamins, antioxidents and minerals without breaking me out or making my skin flush pink. Exclamation Honestly I think it is the equivalent-better then anything by la mer.
Where do you get the emu oil? I should never have asked this question. My list of skin "must tries" is growing.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Bethc, you can find it at most health food stores, make sure it is the actual oil not the essential oil (unless you want to smell like an emu, haha! Laughing)
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
My routine changes constantly. Here's the current:

AM
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (Not the pump, I hate the pump one! It's evil!)
Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
Covergirl Tinted Moisture
Revlon Blemish Concealer for the occasional spot.

PM
Oil Cleansing Method with jojoba/castor oil, tea tree oil, and lavender essential oil.
Roc Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator.

Dunno why I posted what I'm doing now when I have a bag of skincare products on the table to try next! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
AM
Fancl Washing Powder
Fancl Lotion
Fancl White Essence
Strivectin Eye Cream
Fancl Milk Lotion
Shiseido Anessa Sunblock SPF50+

PM
Fancl Cleansing Oil
Fancl Washing Powder
Fancl Lotion
Fancl Cellmild essence
Fancl White Essence
Strivectin Eye Cream
Fancl Milk Lotion

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my list...

AM
Kate Somerville's Kate in a Jar
Cellcosmet cream cleanser
Vivier vitamin C 20% (I might get Obagi for a change and I think I got a tan and I want to make sure that I don't get sun spots.)
Cellcosmet eye contour
Cellcosmet Ultra Vital
Skinceuticals UV Defence SPF 30
Moisteral for my body

PM
Cellcosmet gel cleanser
Cellcosmet eye contour
Cellcosmet Ultra Vital
Lac-Hydren for my body

For my body, I use
Cetaphil gel cleanser
Fake Bake body polish
and the two above listed body lotions
Juara hand cream
Ahava-both hand and foot cream

I really want to try Cellcosmet body creams this winter.

Every once in awhile, I also use Cellcosmet facial scrub, anti-stress cream mask and thinking about getting precious mask.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
peripang , seem like you are a big fan of fancl Wink
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Bethc wrote:
Where do you get the emu oil? ....

EDS carries emu oil, you can find out here ... http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dremu-oil.htm

Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |