Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Any fellow sufferers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering who else out there suffers from this?

It drives me nuts.
When I was in Florida I ate Burger and fries everyday, I didn't have a choice, the one day I had a salad I ended up sat on the toilet for the rest of the day.

When we returned home I was actually looking forward to eating healthily again, lots of vegetables.
My stomach has been so bad, the only thing that has not given me stomach pains and sent me on the toilet is Fish and Chips!!
I have come to the conclusion I am just going to have to have Chippy Fish and Chips for the rest of the week Shock Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I don't, but I did have lymphocytic colitis years ago, and that left me unable to eat and drink anything for quite a long time, apart from grilled beef or chicken, a very small amount boiled carrots or peas, a tiny bit of well-grilled bread and water. Whilst I was at my worst, I couldn't eat or drink anything at all, including even tiny sips of water. That was pretty scary.

This happened whilst we were living in France, and I got so fed up that I actually burst into tears in the delicious goodie-filled supermarket one day. Very embarrassing! Embarassed

Thankfully, I can more or less eat what I want now, although greasy food makes me feel nauseous.

One thing that I helped me was good quality pure aloe vera juice. There are also peppermint capsules that can make a difference.

I have every sympathy for you - it's so not fun! Especially when you daren't go out anywhere unless there's a nearby loo.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
After reading your post I looked up lymphocytic colitis and was astonished to read the symptoms. They are identical to what I have been experiencing for the last couple of years.

I think it is going to be chicken and boiled rice for the next couple of weeks.
Potatoes, whilst they stay in my stomach are causing me dicomfort with flatulence and cramping.
Even hot drinks irritate, I am on plain water and a peppermint tea on a good day!!

Majorb what a nightmare living in France too!! I have forgotten what cheese tastes like
Laughing I too am a big foodie Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Blimey! I've just looked up lymphocytic colitis too, and it says that it tends to be in people aged 60-80! I got it when I was 23/24! Shock

I think you'd be right to give the old tum a rest until it's had time to recuperate. Bland food is foul, I know, but it does help to calm things down.

Peppermint tea's a great idea, too. That should settle your digestion a wee bit.

Quote:
Majorb what a nightmare living in France too!! I have forgotten what cheese tastes like
I too am a big foodie

Oh, it was agony, living in the centre of a beautiful city, surrounded by fantastic restaurants, chocolateries, food halls, pātisseries and supermarkets. And I couldn't eat any of it! Crying or Very sad

If it's any comfort, you might be lucky like me. I ate very, very carefully for quite a long time (had no other option if I didn't want to live in the loo!), then I eventually found that I could gently, and very gradually, re-introduce things back into my diet. Now I can eat most things with no problem.

Aw, you poor thing! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get things back under control soon.

BTW I still get bloating after my main meal on a night. My favourite local health food shop recommended some tablets called Prebio-7. Apparently, they help with friendly bacteria and stuff. They seem to work really well for me - no more nighttime pregnancy-stylee tummy!
If you do want to try it, though, I'd check with your doctor first - just in case it's not advisable with your IBS.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I am starting to feel a little better, I have just been eating my meal around 1pm (meat and mashed potato/white bolied rice) then fasting for the rest of the day which has really helped.
Luke warm peppermint tea and cold water are staying down and I have a fridge full of acidophilus Laughing
I am off to stock up on aloe vera juice too.
Ironically the food I am missing the most is peas, I love minted green peas and have a freezer full of them, oh and liqurice alsorts!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
I have also been eating seperately from the rest of the family which helps.
I am worried about losing weight, I really do not want to drop a bra size before summer comes!!
I have just joined a book swap site: 'read it swap it' which has kept me so busy as I have had about 30 books to list and so many offers I forgot all about food.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I love peas too! You can keep the Licquorice Allsort, though - bleurrghh! Laughing

So Acidophilus is good, eh? I heard someone in a health food shop raving about it once, but have never tried for myself. Might well give it a go.

And yes, definitely do loads of stuff to take your mind off it all. Glad to hear you're feeling a wee bit better, though.

As for worrying about losing weight for the summer, that's kind of the opposite from most people! Mind you, I know what you mean, for some bizarre reason, the bust nearly always seems to be where you drop the pounds first. It's soooooo not fair!!!! Mad Very Happy

ETA - One thing that'll keeping my busy from now on for a while is something I'm excruciatingly ashamed to admit. Much as I detest "Big Brother", I always end up glued to the telly each night to watch it. Despite me constantly stating how appalling it all is and how dreadful the contestants are, the * spam alert * always gets me in the end. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |