Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Does anyone else feel bloated all the time?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
When I wake up in the morning my stomach is perfectly flat, but the moment I start eating or drinking water it grows.

My diet consists mainly of fresh fruits and veggies, green salads, brown rice, legumes, some nuts and seeds, sometimes a piece of sprouted bread toasted in the AM and chicken or fish for protein.

I really try to properly combine my foods and I've tried taking all sorts of different enzymes with my meals but my lower abdomen always seems distended and uncomfortable. I only drink water and I take aloe vera juice every night before bed. Nothing really seems to help except not eating. Some days it's worse than others but I can't really connect it to anything.

Just curious if anyone else goes through this.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem and have not found a solution for it!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Read this article and see if it helps.
http://www.truestarhealth.com/members/cm_archives14ML3P1A77.html

I'm currently working on the bloating issue too. Sad
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I too had a bad case of bloating after who knows what I had. It started with what I thought was a flu bug but then my stomach started burning all the time including waking me up at night with severe burning pain. Doc thought it was an ulcer but tests said no. After no relief from the doctor and trying to tell him I was bloated all the time too (he thought I was obsessive about my weight because I am 5'10" and 140 lbs) he couldn't figure out anything just told me to take Prilosec. Instead I was careful what I ate i.e. no spicy foods, milk, dairy, etc and took enzymes and olive leaf oil and the bloat finally went away. It took about 3 months. I still don't know what it was but I continue taking enzymes just to be safe.
donna g.

Wed May 17, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
try digestive advantage-for irritable bowel syndrome. you can find it in the antacid/laxative section at the drugstore. i have had lifelong stomach problems, this product started working immediately, and i even lost a couple of pounds (after using for two weeks).
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
i know it might sound weird but drink LOTS of water.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I do not want to sound alarmist but I do care about my fellow EDS members! Wasn't going to respond but it nagged me overnight.

Sometimes bloating can be the sign of a gynecological issue, especially if it's combined with fatigue. Doesn't sound like you have fatigue because you probably would have mentioned it, but maybe go ahead and get a check by your doctor. Piece of mind is a beautiful thing. Please let us know what you're deciding to do. Good luck and take care of yourself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
It could be a couple different things-- water rentention, gas, ehem, constipation. Try drinking some green tea after big meals. It's diuretic and will aid in digestion.

Some yogurt wouldn't be a bad idea either. The active cultures in it are very good for you. It sounds like you're eating a lot of "roughage", your system might just need some help processing it.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
I do not want to sound alarmist but I do care about my fellow EDS members! Wasn't going to respond but it nagged me overnight.

Sometimes bloating can be the sign of a gynecological issue, especially if it's combined with fatigue. Doesn't sound like you have fatigue because you probably would have mentioned it, but maybe go ahead and get a check by your doctor. Piece of mind is a beautiful thing. Please let us know what you're deciding to do. Good luck and take care of yourself.

I second what LandB has to say. I too was thinking that it could possibly be something gynecological. I don't want to alarm anyone either but I believe that persistant bloating can be one of the symptoms of ovarian cancer. I debated mentioning the "c" word but decided that it would be the only way to stress the seriousness. That being said it is very unlikely that the cause of your bloating is ovarian cancer but I would bring it up with your gynecologist just to be safe.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
My problem is belching. I belch all the time right after I eat. Some days I am better; the other days it is terrible. I am taking Prevacid on and off and am taking brewer's yeast every day and it seems to help.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
All of the following foods give me bloating problems: Bread, alcohol, fruit, too many vegetables, sweets, chocolate, cakes, milk, cheese.

Also I have found if you combine the wrong foods together eg, if I have my main meal then opt for a piece of fruit for desert....major bloating and flatulance!! Shock
I have tried my best over the years to opt for healthy eating but at the end of the day my stomach does not always like to comply.
I find salad gives me wind and can only eat one peice of fruit a day when my stomach is good, I also have to make sure I eat fruit on an empty stomach, oh and grapes, melon are completely out of the question.
I avoid bread and generally stick to my main meal (meat, veg, pototato/rice) and limit snacks.
Also it helps not to eat for at least 4 hours before bed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Tidieu- Hopefully we will both find a solution soon. Did you relate to the article Yen posted?

Yen- Thanks for the article. That is a perfect description of me. I'm so glad you posted.

dream4more- Glad to hear your bloating is under control. Three months is a long time to wait it out. Maybe that's my problem. I haven't stayed with the enzymes long enough before trying something new.

donna g.- Thanks for the info on Digestive Advantgae. I'll check this out. I do think it's a digestive problem for me. This could help.

BCgirl- Drinking lots of water doesn't sound wierd at all. I drink more than my body's weight in ounces every day. This is something I'm always telling other people to do because most don't drink enough. Thanks for posting.

LandB- Thanks for responding, it's good that you did. I agree that it can be a gynecological issue. Luckily all my tests turn out negative for cancer. This was a concern of mine. Now more than ever, especially after reading everyone's posts, I believe it's a digestive issue.

violetanne- Thanks for your response. I do take acidophillus and FOS at night before bed but adding yogurt is not a bad idea for extra cultures. There's a new yogurt on the market called Activa that's supposed to balance your digestion in a few weeks if you eat it every day. My mom says it's helping her digestive issues. I may give this a try.

TheresaL- Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate the concern. Everyone here is so great!

Rose- My SO had your same problem. His Dr. told him to take deglycyrrhizinated licorice and this did the trick for him. He just chews a tablet (doesn't taste that great but it works) 20 minutes before every meal and no more belching, no more acid reflux.

Rosebud- Thank you for responding. Now that I think about it, most of the foods on your list cause me a problem. I eat a lot of fruit in the morning and a lot of veggies at lunch. And I didn't think that chocolate could do this but now I know that it does. The last few times I had it, I was miserable later. Ughhh!!!! I'm going to play around with my diet and see what happens. It's going to be hard because I LOVE filling up on fruits and veggies. I'll have to cut back on the amount and see what happens.

I'll post back with my progress. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have found the best thing for my stomach is to fill up on protien, and to think I have always wanted to be a vegetarian!! Confused Laughing
I have always been best when eating meat, veg and potato. Try having just a banana for breakfast and then a good Sunday Lunch for dinner and I swear you will not want anything for the rest of the day!

Also try taking natural Bacteria supplements such as Acidophilus, this really helps with any bloating and Zinc is very good at repairing the stomach lining.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I have found the best thing for my stomach is to fill up on protien, and to think I have always wanted to be a vegetarian!! Confused Laughing
I have always been best when eating meat, veg and potato. Try having just a banana for breakfast and then a good Sunday Lunch for dinner and I swear you will not want anything for the rest of the day!

Also try taking natural Bacteria supplements such as Acidophilus, this really helps with any bloating and Zinc is very good at repairing the stomach lining.

As much as I don't want to, I so agree with this. I would love, love, love to be a vegatarian but I can't function normally without chicken and fish. Honostly, I seem to do better when I eat carbs and protein together, like you said, meat/veg./carb. as long as I don't eat a large meal I feel pretty good. It's so weird.

I also take natural bacteria and zinc. These are a staple in my supplement routine.

I think the biggest thing that is going to help me is cutting back on the amount of fruit and veggies I consume. I really eat more of this than anything. Well, I guess I'll find out. Laughing
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think some bloating is normal. I mean when we first wake up in the morning we haven't eaten in hours and hours so its just normal our stomachs are going to be smaller. I'd bet you money any swimsuit model on a cover of any magazine hasn't just eaten a meal before that photo shoot... I actually just read today that our stomach is about the size of our fist when empty. So all it takes is about the size of a fist portion of food to fill it (yet we usually stretch it). Someone mentioned yogurt is good and I want to take that one step further and recommend Activia in particular. It's proven to regulate your digestive system in two weeks. Dannon makes it and its VERY yummy. Some people (like my aunt) have even reported losing weight from eating it. However your particular case could very well be something medical so if it really worries you I'd see a doctor or try ruling out the dairy or wheat (like that earlier article suggested). I think most of us have food allergies to some extent and don't realize it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
LandB- Thanks for responding, it's good that you did. I agree that it can be a gynecological issue. Luckily all my tests turn out negative for cancer. This was a concern of mine. Now more than ever, especially after reading everyone's posts, I believe it's a digestive issue.

Thank goodness! I appreciate this piece of mind. Warm thoughts to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
sounds so, so familiar. My reactions to foods are very similar to Rosebud's. So unfortunate as I love dairy (but now dairy is a thing of the past). I also notice a huge increase in symptoms when I eat sugar. Argh! I love chocolate! Too bad, so sad.

Whatever the case I suspect an imbalance of bacteria in your digestive system. When yeast proliferates you get some pretty bad bloating and flatulence. Try researching the topic "candidaiasis". You can learn a lot about maintaining a balanced digestive system. And if you suspect candidaiasis there are other symptoms like a white tongue ("thrush") and many more.

The best success at fighting candida (or candida like symtoms namely the bloating and flatulence) is taking a very stable form of good bacteria supplements. I take Jarrow formula (dairy free) in the yellow bottle. (I am not at home right now to look at my bottle). It must be refrigerated as this keeps the live bacteria alive and active (this sounds so... gross!). And when I first started taking it I took about 5-6 a day for a month to really attack the yeast and then take about 3 a day for maintenance. When I feel imbalanced I go up to 5-6 a day for a while then back down again.

I have read that the live cultures in yogurt do not do much for your system because by the time they are processed with the yogurt and shelved in the grocery store most of them have died off. But who knows?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow- Thank you for your response. I agree the Activia may be a great help. My mom really likes this stuff, so I may give it a try.

LandB-
Quote:
Thank goodness! I appreciate this piece of mind. Warm thoughts to you.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. That's so sweet.

amnis-
Quote:
I take Jarrow formula (dairy free) in the yellow bottle....And when I first started taking it I took about 5-6 a day for a month to really attack the yeast and then take about 3 a day for maintenance. When I feel imbalanced I go up to 5-6 a day for a while then back down again.

This is the one I take but I only take one. Maybe I need to up my intake. It sounds like this really helped you. I'll try taking more and see what happens. Thanks for posting.
yazk
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am a long time "visitor", 1st time poster--finally decided to join for this topic today.

I have the same problem, which I think I got from my mom. She has it as long as I can remember.

Over the past couple years(finally realized it was the GAS in my belly make me feel fat), I have started to pay more attention to what kind of food causes the problem.
So far, the "bad"foods on my list are:

-dairy that not lactose free(milk sugar).
-raw onions, chives, green onions.
-fruit with dark purple skin, like grapes, cherries, plums...
-any kind of beans.

Solutions:
Enzymes + probiotics.
Mint leaf water with meals. mint is suppose to help digestion.

Different enzymes help to break down starch, fat, fiber, protein....., so make sure what kind of food causes the problem, and choose the right ones.

Cheers!
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yazk,

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing your list. Tell me about mint leaf water. Do you just put a fresh mint leaf in your water?

Also, just out of curiosity, how many probiotics do you take daily?
yazk
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
Hi yazk,

Thanks for sharing your list. Tell me about mint leaf water. Do you just put a fresh mint leaf in your water?

Thanks!! Smile
Yes, that is exactly what I do--just add a few teared fresh mint leaves into water.

The probiotic supplement I am taking is Jarrow Formulas' Jarro-Dophilus + FOS. It clams that each gram contains 12 billion bacteria. Shock
It is in powder form and the direction says taking 1/4 teaspoon per day after meals. I take a little bit more than that, twice a day.

Hope this helps.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
yazk wrote:
cloe wrote:
Hi yazk,

Thanks!! Smile
Yes, that is exactly what I do--just add a few teared fresh mint leaves into water.

The probiotic supplement I am taking is Jarrow Formulas' Jarro-Dophilus + FOS. It clams that each gram contains 12 billion bacteria. Shock
It is in powder form and the direction says taking 1/4 teaspoon per day after meals. I take a little bit more than that, twice a day.

Hope this helps.

Yes, this does help. Thank you! Very Happy
yazk
5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
yazk wrote:
cloe wrote:
Hi yazk,

Thanks!! Smile

Hope this helps.

Yes, this does help. Thank you! Very Happy

Very Happy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I used to have a lot of problems with bloating and spent years playing around with my diet and taking all sort of supplements including the ones mentioned here. I was then recommended to try Chinese medicine which I was told deals better with digestive problems than Western medicine. I was given some tablets to take after the biggest meal of the day and told not to eat spicy food, seafood or take any alcohol. I was surprised when they said yeast was not an issue as I always believed bread was the culprit. After one course of the tablets I was cured and have not had any problems since. I have since recommended this doctor to several of my friends and one of them got rid of a persistant urinary infection. I think Chinese medicine is worth looking into, but it is important to find a good doctor.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Smoothskin, that's great that the Chinese Medicine worked so well for you. For some reason, I've not been able to figure out why, I don't do well with herbs at all. I become mean and unhappy whenever I take them. It's pretty ugly.

Since I've been cutting way back on the fruits & veggies, I've been doing much better. I ate a cheeseburger & fries for lunch today and I feel great. Go figure! This is not going to be a regular thing for me though. I live for eating healthy. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |