Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products you wish still existed ....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
But have been discontinued, replaced or you simply can't find anymore! What made them so great and why their replacement (if there is one) just isn't as good.

For me, I really liked Thalgo's O2 Marine exfoliant creme. It was eliminated and the Peeling Cream Pure Delicacy for dry or sensitive skin has come up in its place. I don't find the replacement as gentle to the skin. I don't know what specific ingredients changed in it, but I do notice a difference in my forehead (of all places) that it's just not as smooth and bright after use as when I use (used) the original O2 creme. Fortunately, I still have some left!
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
dior used to have an exfoliant which has been the only thing EVER to clear the blackheads on my nose and chin. it was green and grainy and i loved it.

they got rid of it about five years ago. the closest i have found to it is the dhcc. but this product had an even finer texture than the dhcc, and smelt better. i have not been able to achieve the same results with dhcc or jurlique.

i still pine...
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Christian Dior's Mascara Parfait

They gave this the chop a couple years back when they brought out Show. Took me ages to find a replacement, but ended up with KISS ME mascara and I do love it. I do pine for Parfait though.

Back in the days (about 13 years ago) when I was a BIG Dior user (I had 2 of their cleanser, 2 toners, 2 masks, the scrub, eye cream, serum and 2 moisturizers. Laughing ) they had some wonderful products that they stopped making now.

I remember my absolute favorites being:

Rose exfoliant gel
Cleansing gel
Wash-off cleansing milk (OK for eyes too)

I moved on to other things, but those were really good and I would prefer if I could still get them if i wanted them. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Kiss My Face lipstick. All gone. Sad
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Molton Brown's fabulous colour range of natural mascaras that left your eyelashes feeling beautifully soft. They now only do one colour - dark brown.

I've switchecto Dr Hauschka's blue mascara, which is reallt lovely, but not quite as good as my old MB violet one.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Revlon Shine Control Mattifying Makeup (this real liquidy light cover makeup) and Maybelline Great Wear Concealer... my favorites ALWAYS get discontinued.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this was just a cheapy drugstore soap, but I loved it - Caress bar soap in Waterfresh Breeze. It was the perfect clean scent! They discontinued it and replaced it with all this shimmery berry stuff. Sad
Oh, also Aromaleigh discontinued the majority of their Pure Cover concealer mineral makeup. You can only get a few general shades now, none of which match my skin tone. Even though it was touted as a "concealer", a lot of women used it as their foundation for a little more coverage than the regular MMU foundation. I know it was a HG for many. Aromaleigh was supposedly developing a new creamy liquid concealer as a replacement. If I wanted something like that, I wouldn't be using mineral makeup! Hmph.
And I THOUGHT that my favorite hair product, - Sheer Blonde Spotlight Sleek and Shine Detangler- as I couldn't find it anywhere! But I managed to find a place online to buy it from. A big SO THERE to the gods of discontinuance!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
One foundation I always loved was Loreal Translucide. It had the best coverage on me with a nice soft shimmer. I've never found anything I liked as much as that since they discontinued it.

Although I just order Amazing Cosmetics Loose Powder foundation and am hoping this will become my HG. Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is kind of goofy, but I sorta wish Bonne Bell still made the giant Lip Smackers! Not that the little ones aren't fine...and God knows I don't need some jumbo-sized thing in my over-crammed makeup bag...but they just remind me of when I was a kid! I probably had 10 of them, and if I recall, some came with a little cord so you could wear them around your neck.

Okay, I'm officially a dork. Laughing

Mary Smile
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I used to really love those little round 'sticker' treatments for pimples. Neutrogena ("on the spot acne treatment", now they use this name for a cream) and Pond's used to make them. They would really shrink one down overnight. Now I can't find them anywhere! I guess I was the only one who used them. Laughing

Maybe I'll do a quick online search for them.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
cloud_9 wrote:
I used to really love those little round 'sticker' treatments for pimples. Neutrogena ("on the spot acne treatment", now they use this name for a cream) and Pond's used to make them. They would really shrink one down overnight. Now I can't find them anywhere! I guess I was the only one who used them. Laughing

Maybe I'll do a quick online search for them.

Lol - I completely forgot about those!!! Laughing Laughing My friend back in high school used them .... she used to tell me that some "stickers" worked and some didn't. I always got a kick out of that.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
One foundation I always loved was Loreal Translucide.

Oh NO! I didn't know they stopped making Translucide! NOOOO! I still use that under my eyes.. The bottle lasted soooo long, it makes a great under eye concealer but I thought it was uck on my face. So now my favorite makeup, my favorite concealer, and now my favorite under eye concealer have all been discontinued. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Nutraderm Lotion. It makes your skin feel so silky. I still see it online but can't seem find it in any stores. Sad
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just remembered Candy Kisses Lip Balms. They actually tasted like candy. I so miss them. Sad
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
clinique has discontinued two items that I really liked.

1) Almost makeup with spf 15. This is like a tinted moisturizer. Not sure what has replaced it. I think the Cityblock spf 15 with tint.

2)Cityblock foundation powder spf 15. I wore cloud. I have some left still. I am not sure what has replaced this; perhaps their "truematch" type powder.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
This is kind of goofy, but I sorta wish Bonne Bell still made the giant Lip Smackers! Not that the little ones aren't fine...and God knows I don't need some jumbo-sized thing in my over-crammed makeup bag...but they just remind me of when I was a kid! I probably had 10 of them, and if I recall, some came with a little cord so you could wear them around your neck.

Okay, I'm officially a dork. Laughing

Mary Smile

I saw these in my Zehrs/Loblaws grocery store on a end isle. They also had trio packs of the regular size.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Jergens Naturally Smooth shave minimizing lotion. Crying or Very sad
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mostly, I miss the shampoos (or rather the smell of shampoos) that I used as a kid. When I was growing up, you had the choice of maybe less than 10 products to choose from...and that was in a well-stocked store. Nothing like today where there are whole aisles of shampoo. Then they started coming out with all these different shampoos...there was a product line called Earthborn Shampoo and I loved the smell of the apricot one. Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific was another favorite. There was also a beer shampoo in a beer-shaped bottle, forget the name, but it smelled awesome (not like beer). Oh, and Yucca Dew was another good one. Don't really know if any of these were great shampoos...my hair was like an inch long--had a pixie cut, as they called it---but they smelled fabulous Smile
Mabsy

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Clean & Clear Oil Blotting Sheets (those blue plasticy ones)
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Neutrogena used to make a face wash called Skin Fitness. It had microbeads in it. It kept my face so clear. When I learned it was discontinued I when around to every store I could find and bought them out.
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
They discontinued Clean and Clear blotting sheets!?!

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I still see those Clean and Clear blotting sheets.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I still have half a pack left in my makeup bag. Maybe they stopped selling them in Australia--is that where Mabsy's from?? I'm in the US...still available here Very Happy
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome's Immencils Mascara (anyone else remember it?)

I have yet to find another mascara that matches it Crying or Very sad
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I miss cover girl moisture whip foundation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |