Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help please, my skin is revolting
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
After 8 months of descent skin, no major breakouts, acne has decided to invade my face. I'm more broken out then when I was a teenager.
Currently I am using Murad acne products, which have been working great up till now.
The only changes I have made have been adding ACV pills to my diet. (They are supposed to help detox your liver and help lower cholesterol.)
I've tried the aspirin mask which seemed to dry out some of the zits, but others are popping up faster than the aspirin mask is clearing up.
I was thinking of trying an OCM.
I don't want to use anything too drying, because surprisingly my face isn't too greasy.

Any suggestions?
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I just had this happen to me, but i broke out on my forehead which rarely happens. Turns out (after a lot of pondering) it was my new conditioner (hair hangs on forehead). Maybe it's something you haven't figured out like that? Are you under a lot of stress right now?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
maybe it's something new in your diet or stress that is causing your to breakout? Are you on a new type of birth control pill? If you are, then probably the pill is causing you breakouts. If you are having alot of breaouts constantly, then i would suggest seeing a dermatologist. They would prescribe you a topical acne cream to put on your face. When I was a teen I used to suffer from alot of breakouts and tried MANY products, and a prescription from the doctor is the best solution. It saved me alot of money as well.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I haven't changed anything as far as shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. I have cut back to 1 cup of coffee a day, but I don't see were that would hurt my skin.
My stress level is the same as always. I seem to always have a million things going on at once. I have actually been getting descent sleep (at least 8 hours) for the last couple of weeks too.
This break out session has only been going on for about 2 weeks. I do have a derm appointment for the end of July; for my annual mole check. It's near impossible to get an appointment without a month's notice. I guess I'm looking for something that might help in the mean time.
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
When did you start taking the ACV pills? It's common that when the body is detoxing that there will be a purging process. If nothing else has changed, the ACV pills could be the culprit. You could stick it out to see if it improves after a bit or stop the pills to see if it has any immediate effect.
The OCM is worth a shot, my skin loves it.
Best of luck, let us know how it goes!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Wow, how stressful! Hopefully the derm will be able to help. In the meantime, I would recommend keeping up with the aspirin mask. If you can get your hands on some Juice Beauty Blemish serum, that might also help to calm things down without drying you out. Do you live near a Sephora? If so you could go get some samples of Decleor's aromessence products-- I've found the Rose D'orient balm to be very calming. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
It happened to me last Fall. Big, red pimples began to appear on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I went to see my dermatologist, after tinkering with a few products and having no results. She prescribed Dalacin Lotion, and after a few weeks I started showing improvement. Today, my skin is clear.
So my advice is : don't tinker too much and see a doctor or dermatologist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
You can try the Praventin supplement with me. I just ordered mine a few days ago, it hasn't come yet... but I'm going to try it out. My skin is very clear right now but I'm looking to cut down the oil and prevent breakouts. I can't find ANY reviews on this kind of supplement for the skin (bovine Lactoferrin) so I'm just trying it for myself. Hopefully it's as good as the statistics! Here's the link http://www.vitacost.com/NSIPraventin

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for everyone's advise.
I have only been using the ACV pills for a week. I've been breaking out for about 2.

I think I'm going to try the Decleor's . I received a few samples with my last EDS order.
I'm also going to try OCM to see it if will help clear out what is clogged up now. I'm a little nervous that it is going to make matters worse, but I've read a lot of reviews that say how wonderful it is. I'm off for the next 4 days, so I guess it's a good time to try it.

I do have a Sephora near me. I got a sample of the JB Green Apple Peel there. I tried it, but it did nothing for me. Then after reading others reviews about how good it smelled and wonderful it worked, I began to wonder. The sample I had was greenish brown, and smelled awful. I'm wondering if it went rancid. I'm afraid to try the serum, because who know how long it was sitting on the shelf. If I don't have any luck with the Decleor's , I'll order it from EDS.

If all else fails, I do have an appointment with the derm already for July, I'll ask about the Dalacin Lotion then.

PhoebesMeow, Sorry but the Praventin supplements scare me.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Murad didn't work for me. I gave up after 6 weeks. Juice Beauty is definitely better. The Green Apple Peel and the Blemish serum are amazing. I recently started using the Cleansing Gel and it's great too. My skin doesn't feel dry after using it. Now I'm making a list of all the other Juice Beauty products I'm going to get. Very Happy
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone!!!
I think my skin has gotten through the worst of it.
I was off work for the last four days, so I gave OCM a try. I made my first trip to Whole Foods (very fun store, I spent way too much money there) to purchase the cold pressed castor oil, and grape seed oil. I also picked up Tea Tree Essential oil. (Tea tree is good a good anti bacterial.) I mixed 75% castor to 25% grape seed, then added 5-6 drops tea tree. The first night, I noticed a few plugs coming out, but the stuff that was under my skin seemed to get larger. I steamed and reapplied, and had a couple more plugs come out, but the bumps were still there. I then used my Murad Clarifying mask, and when I rinsed that off, the bumps were slightly smaller, and a lot of blackheads were gone.
The morning of day 2 the bumps were even smaller, but I had a few large painful blemishes pop up over night. I steamed first, and then did the OCM, and the Murad mask. A couple of the blemishes came to the surface where I could easily extract them with very little pressure (gross I know). But the most amazing thing was the fact that all the little blackheads that had been on my nose forever were gone. The night of day 2 I did the OCM and an aspirin mask.
Day 3 I had a few small blemishes pop up, but the large ones were drying up fast. I did the OCM and aspirin mask again. This time I had a problem. I think I used the mask too close to my lips. The skin around my mouth started to crack through out the day. By the late afternoon, I looked like Ronald McDonald with my bright red chapped lips. I starting loading up on lip balm. I must have gone through an entire tube in one day.
Day 4 I woke up and my lips looked so much better. I rubbed them very very gently with a warm wash cloth, and applied lip balm again. I used the OCM, and the Clarifying Mask, this time avoiding my lip area completely. Large blemishes are all but gone, and I've only had a few very small blemishes pop up. I'm thinking it is just a purging process.

Ok, to make a long post even longer. Here are my thoughts. Love the OCM; however I think I will still use my Murad cleanser in the morning. I don't think I have enough time to OCM in the morning. I'm also going to continue with my moisturizer. I noticed that surprisingly my skin felt dry after OCM. I liked the aspirin mask a lot too. I'm going to continue with it once or twice a week being very careful to avoid the lip area. I'm also going to continue to use my Murad Clarify Mask once a week because it seemed to help pull out the blackheads.
I think I'm going to try the Green Apple Blemish Serum for any little breakouts that happen.
Thank you all, again. It is amazing how my skin improved in 4 days.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
LOL, jlrobatzek, isn't Whole Foods a fun store? When I was in college I lived literally 5 minutes away from WF by foot, so sometimes I would just go there to relax, leisurely browse the products, etc.^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz,
I think it will be my lastest * spam alert *. I went crazy over all the different vinegars and spices, not to mention the bulk area. I think I had 10 bags filled with different beans and rice mixes. This forum keeps costing me more and more money. I read a review and want to buy the products, now I have a whole grocery store I want to buy stuff at. At the rate I'm going I'm going to need a second and third job.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just came back from Whole Foods. Very Happy Amazing store. I could just stay there forever.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is dry that can cause breakouts too.

My son uses Aloette clarifying wash with jojoba and the clarifying toner along with the jar of acne treatment lotion and that works for him.

It seems that a lot of the ingredients in those products are hydrating, which is good as all other acne treatment products that he has used really dries out his skin.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I'd watch out with the heavy dosage of CO in your coming OCM's. It sounds as though your OCM mixture really has helped you alot and that is so wonderful...but now that your skin has calmed down again and is healing I woúld recomend that you go to a 50 / 50 mixture as CO is drying and can be too harsh. The Tea tree has probably played a big role in your recovery as well.

It just made me happy to see you're all better!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I didn't realize that CO was drying, that could explain why my skin feels tight afterward. I need to make a fresh batch tonight, so I'll cut back to 50%. Thanks for the info.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |