Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
DHC Velvet Skin Coat is very mattifying. In fact, I would say it's only for use without makeup (thought that's not the way they market it).

They also make a "matte cream" which I have never tried, but sounds intriguing.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I have not use primer before. I am looking for a primer for oily skin that helps minimize pores and feels light not rich/heavy. With so many products available, I don't know which one I should try now. Confused

Has anyone tried Clinique Instant Pore Perfector or something like that?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Instead of a primer, I use Dermadoctor's Picture Porefect serum. It's light, and it helps control oil, minimize pores, etc etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks manslayerliz!
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I use Shu Uemura UV Under Base DF and I really like it. I'm a guy. When I ran out of sunscreen a few months back, my girlfriend gave me this. I just thought it was a tinted sunscreen. Only later did I realize it's a primer, but that hasn't stopped me from buying a second bottle and using it as a sunscreen. The stuff is SPF 17 and really evens out my skin tone. The sales assistant also says it blocks out pollution. It's not a serum or cream, but a foam. And so feels really light.
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I have used the chafing gel as a primer under makeup, and it does feel nice. It does not, however, work by itself to minimize the look of the pores on my face -- I still look like an orange peel! Sad .

-- B
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the chaffing gel for a while now and do love it.. It minimizes any pour issues I'm having all by itslef.. In fact, my husband, who has super duper oily skin uses it.. He puts it on in the morning and by night, when he gets home, he is not an oil slick, like he normally would be.. The first time he did it, he didn't tell me.. I saw him that night and asked if he did, only because I could see a 'line' close to his upper forehaed, by the hairline, was all oily and the rest of his face wasn't...

For 6 bucks and a 2.00 off coupon inside, it's worth trying for yourself... Sure beats 30-40.00, IMO...
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I wish it's available in Canada!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayer liz, is picture porefect a primer? Does it make pores almost invisible without makeup. I hate wearing make up so was looking for something quick to just smear on to minimize my pores, but aren't we all? Laughing
I have the peter thomas roth primer coming, but I guess I am just expecting it not to work and am looking for back up.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Razinkane! As for the picture porefect serum, I think it wears best under make up. It helps control oil and prevent clogged pores, but I don't know if it would provide the stand-alone boost youre looking for. Have you ever tried Philosophy's clear make up? It definitey gives skin an airbrushed look. I just stopped wearing it because it's too hard to blend make up over it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it, but now I am going to look into it.(Thank you)
Do you have to wear makeup over it?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Philosophy's Clear Makeup is supposed to be worn without makeup. It's supposed to even out your skintone and texture without adding pigment. Like I said, it works pretty well, but I almost always need at least a bit of concealer, and make up does not go well at ALL over PCM. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Why do you need concealer? Sorry I'm nosy. Just didn't know if I would need it for more help with pores?
Aslo, I was wondering if anyone can decribe the texture of peter thomas roth primer. Its wierd and I am wondering if its old. Its clumpy but smushy, hard to explain, was hoping someone could explain it better. Thanks everyone. Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again! From what I remember, the Clear Make Up was a big help with making my pores look good. I just need concealer because I'm a pale girl with redness issues. (Life's rough, LOL...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
redness issues? Are they like mine I wonder?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the texture of peter thomas roth. I have some, but it feels so weird. Its mushy, not a gel or a lotion, like in between, but closer to a gel and it stinks. I have never used primer before so I don't know if they are supposed to be like this. I know I posted this question saturday but I did a search and can't find it.
I do like it though. My skin looks so much better after I apply it, and I can dab on concealer on my problem areas and be done, but boy, when I take it off at night I look like you know what. I guess I had forgotten how bad my pores were, so after having the primer on all day, and then taking it off it was kind of depressing seeing what my face is really like.
But, its a very good cover up. Laughing Thanks Gina
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Now I want that stuff. Clear makup that is. Off to see about it.
Thanks for you help manslayerliz
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi razincane,
I have not tried the Peter Roth primer but I did see him doing a demo on tv with it the other day. It did look like a spongy, squishy thicker gel as you described. I apologize if this has already been answered recently, but I was wondering...does the primer go on before or after your sunscreen?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
pnw, I put the primer on after everything else. I don't know about where it goes with sunscreen because the bioelements one I have is soooooooo greasy. I have yet to find one that sinks in and makes my face matte. I do have a sample of dermalogica matte sunscreen I need to try so I'll see how that goes.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
does the primer go on before or after your sunscreen?

primer goes on *after* sunscreen and it's always best to let the SS sink in for a bit first.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I receieved my sample of the Monistat Chafing Gel in the mail yesterday. I intend on trying it as a makeup primer yet I'm kind of scared. I hope it doesn't make me break out. I only requested it last week or so, it came pretty quickly. You can request your own (if you live in the US) at this link:
https://www.soothingcare.com/soothingcare/request_sample.jsp

I will try it eventually and post my results. Kind of scary though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I have the make-up forever primer and wouldnt recommend it. It's way too oily
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
oh goody, I can't wait to see how you like the monistat. I want to know if it can be used without make up.
The peter thomas roth is nice though. I do like it but it would be nice to find something CHEAPER that works just as well. Laughing
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
A friend bought it for me (I'm a makeup newbie and she's my mentor lol). I LOVE how it feels. I have worn it without foundation or makeup, and do think it makes a difference in how my skin looks.
finelovings

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I have the Stephanie Marais primer which I love, but unfortunately its not available here in Australia anymore. It may be available overseas though.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |