Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellcosmet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried Cellcosmet skincare line... Everything looks quite pricey, and am wondering if the money is worth the products.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the day/night moisturizer(s), ultra vital, eye cream, daily exfoliant, activator gel and stress mask. I love it all and yes, it is expensive HOWEVER, at my age of 50+, it has given me the skin I want-100%. I also use IC Clinical which is also a great skin care line. I would skimp on food before I would give up either line. HTH.
Babs
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I have recently started using the Purifying Gel cleanser, Exfoliant Dual Action, and Activator Gel and I will be writing reviews soon but at this stage I can say these products are worth every cent and are real "class".

Sat May 20, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I have/love the Eye Contour Cream and the Cleansing Cream. I really liked the exfoliator (have not *yet* repurchased, but will all in good time Smile) and the mask. I also just bought the Activator Gel (Tiger_tim - I'm blaming you for this one! Smile). I am also contemplating the eye gel (loved the sample I used recently!) but I can't buy that till I'm done with my Juvedical Smile
I have tried some of their moisturisers and they felt a little bit heavy for my skin - I'd imagine going back to these in a few years I guess.

Btw, if you do a search for Cellcosmet then you will find quite a few reviews of various products Wink

Bushy - I'm glad you're liking these Smile

Babs - Hello wave and welcome back again! Smile
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I always heard people saying that Cellcosmet eye contour cream is marvelous. I'm a 37-year-old asian, using valmont in the meantime and would like to try out Cellcosmet later. How do you guys compare these two brands?
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Hello again Mabsy Very Happy ,

I always lurk but the more I visit the more I buy... Wink
Ocha: I have used the Valmont line as well and I would say the Valmont renewal pack (I think that is the name) beats all cellcosmet intensive masks. Unfortunately other than that the Valmont line just didn't do it for me. I found it not emollient enough and basically didn’t see any improvement at all. If I had to put another line up against cellcosmet it would probably be Decleor. (That is just my experience.)My skin tends to be dry in spite of 64 oz of h20 daily. I am Irish and 50, 51 in September (I am whispering that.) I tried many many drugstore lines with no luck. I started using products on my face in my early 20's, the very first being clinique. The line worked less than 90 days. I don't like smelly products and some people have said cellcosmet has an old lady smell Razz . I am a big believer in samples ocha, EDS is wonderful support for their customers. HTH.
Babs
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet is quite popular here. I got a sample of the eye cream with my last order and just started to use it last night. It's too early for a review but I was a bit put off by the fragrance. It's quite strong and I could still smell it 30 mins later. Are the other products just as heavily fragranced?
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Gee, I don't smell anything when I put it on. However, one day last week I had put on my moisturizer in the p.m. and decided I wanted a drink before bed. Long story short, I tasted some of the product and it seemed really perfumie, heavily fragranced. I reiterate, tasted not smelt. I guess the rest of the board has to weigh in to help...
Babs
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Do you guys think 20 is too young to start using the eye cream?

I have never been able to find a good eye product to help with my biggest problems: dark circles(!!) and that crepe-looking skin...

But I have quite sensitive skin around the eyes which are really milia, blemish prone.. so is it too rich to use?
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Babara, I visit the forum very often and always find that people who ordered from EDS will receive lots of samples they loved. Very Happy

Miranets: I don't think 20 is too young for wearing eye cream(esp. if you are wearing contact lenses). There is always some skin care stuff for different ages. Maybe you could look for a serum or something light weight to start with.

If you have problems in finding one, I think you can check it out from the previous discussion from the forum

Topic: "eye cream for 20 year old [split from another thread]"
Mabsy

Sun May 21, 2006 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Miranets - I don't think it's too old. I would suggest that you try a sample. I don't think it's too rich (actually quite light IMO but well moisturising) but if you are prone to millia then you don't want to buy an $$$ eye cream and find out you can't use it....

Re: scent. The eye cream is scented. I don't think it is very highly scented but it's noticeable. It doesn't bother me because I love that scent Smile Not all of their products are as scented as the eye cream (e.g. eye gels are not, actovator gel is not, cleansing cream is very light, etc) but I'm sure some are.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy for the information re scents. After using the eye cream 3x's I find I'm getting used to the fragrance. It's still noticeable but doesn't bother me anymore, and I'm liking how my undereye area looks in the morning. Not good news for my wallet! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I have tried quite a few things in this line:

Gel cleanser - love this, very nice

Activator gel - this and I am not ashamed that I coerced Mabsy and Bushy into getting this Laughing

Elasto-collagen - I really like these too, but somehow never get round to purchasing a full box, but I do like the feel of them and my skin feels plump. I have used quite a few little bottles of it, but one day should try a full course.

Ultra-Cell - Had one little bottle of this but it was so damned hard to open it put me off ever buying the things.

XT-eye gel - just bought this and really like it. Eyes feel nourished and plump. No dryness but it is not heavy at all

Eye cream - not my cup of tea. did not like the scent and ended up giving the sample to hubby. I might give it another whirl sometime as we have several samples here agian

Ultra Vital cream - way too rich for me, but my DH (who is 36) adores it and had no trouble using up my two samples

Sensitive night cream - had a sample tub of this and quite liked it. Not as rich as the Ultravital

Anti-stress mask: I am liking this more and more as I get through the jar. Really does mattify my face, but leaves it feeling nourished and moist at the same time.

Hand cream: had sample tubes of this and liked them too. But I have hand cream coming out my ears at present so a purchase is delayed for quite some time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have one more to add to Tiger_Tim's list:
Exfoliate Dual Action - review coming up shortly but I am very impressed with this product. It appears to be very effective and so gently to use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Cellcosmet eye cream on and off for over two years. I found that the eye cream is not very effective for under eye lines, but it works very well at tighting my upper eye lids.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Concentrated Day or Night Cream? I'm wondering how heavy it is. Ultravial is simply too heavy for me except in cold winter times. Also, which eye gel is recommended for dark circles?? Many thanks ladies!!!!

Lisa
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa,
I have tried both concentrated day and night. If you found the ultra vital too much, maybe, maybe the concentrated will work for you. Before I buy a full retail size, I would opt for a sample because I am not 100% certain the day and night are the answers. I don't have dark cirlces so I don't know which gel works, but I love this line. Mabsy can answer this....

Babs
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ultra-XT is supposed to be for dark circles but as that is not one of my problems I cannot comment on effectiveness, sorry.

Tue May 23, 2006 1:16 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Ultra-XT is supposed to be for dark circles but as that is not one of my problems I cannot comment on effectiveness, sorry.

I'm liking this as well - more than their other eye gel actually. Skin does feel plump and hydrated but I'm not sure how it is on dark circles. I think it's good at refreshing the eye area though. Btw, unlike the eye cream, there is almost no scent to this.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
When I went mad on my Cellcosmet order, I also bought the Eye Contour Gel and Ultra Eye Complex but both are still in their boxes at this stage. I am still trialling another complete skin care line (which I have become rather partial to), and Juvedical is still sitting in the drawer, so the next time I have one of those bad skin days or I get the blues for no reason, then the Cellcosmet will come out so I can have a new treat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for answering my questions. Very Happy
I would love to try the whole line someday! Right now I'm so penny poor and pound foolish buying anything majorily expensive is out of the question!! Someday though! Cool
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the gel cleanser, the activator gel & the sensitive day cream, so far I'm quite pleased. I also have a sample pot of the exfoliator but I haven't used it yet so I can't really comment Smile But I didn't end up using my eye cream sample as I really can't use any eye cream that is fragranced Sad

But I'm quite interested in trying the Cellcosmet Elasto-Collagen Lighting treatment, to help improve my uneven skin tone...has anyone used this product & had any good results?

Thanks Smile
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Love cellcosmet here too, but they are way expensive
Crying or Very sad
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Love to try but they are too expensive!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
But I didn't end up using my eye cream sample as I really can't use any eye cream that is fragranced Sad

Safire did you try the eye cream sample or not? I usually cannot use fragranced eye creams but I got a sample of this and just started using it yesterday and did not have any problems. I do need to give it a few more days to see if it will cause any irritation but so far so good.

BTW I am really liking the eye cream. I just used it for one morning and evening but it really seems to help with the fine lines that are usually very noticable when my skin is dehydrated. I have been having a hard time finding an eye cream that will work for me and this one might be it. It does have a strong scent which I imagine would become less noticable if I used it everyday.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |