Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got a sample of this stuff with an EDS order. The tube said it's for sensitive skin, and since my skin is all kinds of sensitive I thought I would try it out today. Wow!! The smell is amazing, the texture is wonderful, and it hydrated my skin and calmed the redness without making my skin feel oily. I can easily see myself making this a "daily driver"--- I just have one question: has anyone experienced break outs or clogged pores with this product? Have any acne-prone ladies been using this product with success? I'm very break out prone, so this would be the one thing I'd want to watch out for.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

A creamy moisturizer that immediately calms reactive and irritated skin.

Replaced by {{12909}}.

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
bump! Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I couldnt find any reviews of this on MUA

And from reading the list of ingredients on EDS, it only has the 'active' ingredients.. which I imagine would be the bits that are good, so depending on what sort of BASE it is in... the oils could clog the skin a little..

Were there any ingredients on the box?
Mabsy

Sun May 21, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I have this but I don't use it for extended periods of time, only when I have a rash or when I'm stressed out and my skin needs a little extra TLC. I haven't had any problems with blocked pores thus far, I am not breakout prone though.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both for your replies!

Mabsy, what you said makes a lot of sense. If you don't mind my asking, what decleor products do you use more regularly?

Sun May 21, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz - I find myself reaching for the Ylang Ylang and Essential Balms quite often (though, again, these are not to be used continuously AFAIK). The Neroli oil is also very nice and I do keep coming back to that one. Another Decleor product that I will be repurchasing would be their lip balm - yum!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I use this quite a bit and do not get any break outs or clogged pores from it. I've been using it for several years and although I have been adding some anti-aging products over the years, it is still the product that I can always count on. I usually use it as my general moisturizer. In the beginning, I do remember a bit of a purging period but after a few weeks I really started to love the product as I could my skin improving...I still love it to this day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I recently got a sample of this stuff with an EDS order. The tube said it's for sensitive skin, and since my skin is all kinds of sensitive I thought I would try it out today. Wow!! The smell is amazing, the texture is wonderful, and it hydrated my skin and calmed the redness without making my skin feel oily. I can easily see myself making this a "daily driver"--- I just have one question: has anyone experienced break outs or clogged pores with this product? Have any acne-prone ladies been using this product with success? I'm very break out prone, so this would be the one thing I'd want to watch out for.

I have used this cream for a couple of years now, on a daily basis. I would say that this cream is a good moisturizer for breakout prone skin - it is a calming and soothing cream and not pore clogging in my experience. My skin was terrible when I started useing Decleor products, and the harmonie etc really helped bring my skin back into some sort of semi stable state of health. I have never broken out from any of their products.

Having said this, for the last 3-4 weeks I have been useing anti-oxidant moisturizers from MDF and PSF and have noticed a significant difference in skin tone and brightness. And less clogged pores. I started useing these at night instead of an oil and a balm or an oil and harmonie, mostly because my SO was getting royaly tired of not being able to smell me Laughing But now after I reluctantly changed my routine and don't use a balm every night, I'm glad I did Very Happy

But the harmonie is still a definite and trustworthy keeper.

HTH

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Ruth - what PSF product are you using? TIA!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm useing the Day Perfecting Lotion, tidieu. Am also useing the R&R toneing mist and cranberry eyegel. Am impressed by all 3 products. Have also started useing both the Tea tree and the Papaya cleansers on a daily basis... Think I've shifted my routine completely actually...without really thinking about it Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Ruth - Could you tell me more about the eyegel? What results did you see with it? How do you like the cleansers so far? Thanks. Smile
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
The eyegel is a completely clear gel which sinks right in. I have noticed that my undereye area is smoother after application, the fine lines are almost gone. I would think that this is the perfect mid 20ies to mid 30ies eyegel. I will be purchasing the full size!

Should add that the only other eyecreams/gels I've used are:
Decleor hydra floral bla bla eyecreamgel. It's light and hydrating.
Juice Beauty eye smoothing concentrate...it's a cream, don't know if I think it smooths that much but it is hydrating. I've actually started useing it as a sort of "eyemakeup residue remover"...this one is probably really good for early 20ies...

HTH

tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ruth!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
My pleasure Very Happy

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
When I had a very bad bout of dry skin - so dry it was peeling off healthy skin and I was left with painful raw and red patches.

I tried my trusty Phytomer Accept Neutralize Cream which was soothing but not moisturizing enough, I tried my trusty Valmont Moisturizing Mask (which I use as a cream) which was moisturizing but not soothing enough. Then I realized I had a sample of this from an EDS order and I tried it. Wow! This was both soothing and hydrating. 2 weeks of using this 2x daily on top of my Anti-Redness serum (in another review) my skin is back to normal! And I lost the oily skin I had before! Now I use this occasionally in the PM and love it.

On a side note I've realized of all the products I've tried since joining EDS I realize Decleor is a brand I can always go back to when I want to get back to the basics. Although it won't give you miraculous results that some of you may experience with other brands or products such as Karin Herzog, CPs, Vit C, IS Clinical, or the like, this brand will always give you consistent results. After trying almost everything that EDS members have raved and recommended I realize I prefer my skin now than ever before and that's from going back to the basics. No additional serums, Vit C, CPs, etc (note I never saw much of a difference when I was using those products anyway). So I do very much recommend this brand, although mainstream, it will do what you expect it to do.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |