Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Phytomer Doux Nettoyant Gentle Cleansing Cream - still your
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
angela
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi !

I remember I've read a review on Phytomer Doux Nettoyant Gentle Cleansing Cream by summergirl. Since my regular cleanser is going to be used off, I plan to try Phytomer Doux Nettoyant Gentle Cleansing Cream as summergirl strongly recommeded it. I have normal / combination / sensitive skin, I wonder if this cleanser is suitable for me and have anyone else tried this before? Thanks in advance !
angela
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
opps, forgot to ask is Phytomer Doux Nettoyant Gentle Cleansing Cream equivalent to Phytomer Cleansing Cream on EDS?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello Angela,

Yes the Phytomer Doux Nettoyant Gentle Cleansing Cream is the same as the Phytomer Cleansing Cream-- they have two cleansers-- a Cream version and a Milk version.

The Phytomer Gentle Cleansing Cream is quite a rich consistency that I like to emulsify with a little water before applying it to my face as it spreads more easily. It's a true creaming cleanser as the more you massage, the richer the product becomes. It's non-foaming and is very gentle on the eyes, and it does an excellent job of removing make-up. Overall, I've been really happy with the Phytomer Gentle Cleansing Cream, I've used others in the past which contained AHAs or salyclic acid and I would have to say I prefer this.

I have normal/Dry combo skin and this is a perfect cleanser for me. The formula says it's suitable for all skin types but if you're sensitive you may want to ask for a sample of both the Phytomer Gentle Cleansing Cream and the Gentle Cleansing Milk to try first. The Cream product contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a common chemical found in cleansers and things like shampoos and toothpaste, which some people can't tolerate but the Milk version doesn't.

The other cleanser which I would like to suggest is also the YonKa Gel Nettoyant Cleanser. I'm open to trying another cleanser and this one has received a lot of good reviews on the forum. It's also meant to be good to sensitive skin. Wink

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angela,

I felt I had to post an Addendum to the review of the Phytomer Gentle Cleansing Cream just for the record.... (BTW, I didn't even know the meaning of Addendum until I met you guys on this forum !:P) Some of the forum members have mentioned that trialing out new products may be disrupting the balance in their skin and causing it to break out in reaction to the products-- it's either that on top of stress and work... or both are culprit to the problem....

I don't actually have many products to try and use one particular product line, so consequently it's been quite easy for me to pin-point my problem when I eliminated and (adjusted) all the other possible causes. At the moment my cleanser (Phytomer Gentle Cleansing Cream) is a 'suspect' for the rash-like bumps I have been getting along my chin and jaw-line... these are not the cystic yellow-eyed pimples which I had when I was bogged up or congested (which I've promptly fixed up by increasing fibre and switching to soy milk !) ......These bumps are a finer cluster of pore-opening rash. I'm taking Thoughtcrime's lead and now looking for a cleanser that does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Mineral Oil (the Phytomer cleanser contains both of these). I'm looking at the Decleor Huile Demaquillante Cleansing Oil and also the Karin Herzog Milk Cleanser as they both contain no harsh detergents. I did not think my skin was sensitive at all but these symptoms speak for themselves I guess.Sad

*IF* this issue clears up with the change of cleanser I will know that the Phytomer cleanser may not be suitable for me..... does anyone know if a reaction to a product is immediate or does it take time to take effect ? I've been using only this cleanser for the last 5 months.

This is just some feedback for you....

Summertimegirl xWink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

does anyone know if a reaction to a product is immediate or does it take time to take effect? I've been using only this cleanser for the last 5 months.

Hi Summertimegirl, For me, an immediate reaction will occur if I am allergic to a product. 5 months of consistent use seems like a long time to me (there's not too many products I can say I've used for that long of a time). It seems like if you were allergic to the product it would have shown up sooner. I'm not sure though, I'm just talking from my personal experience and amateur opinion. I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide and my skin reacted instantly, and my skin reacted negatively immediately after using Skinceuticals cream. Now if your talking about congeston and breakouts from mineral oil or SLS, then it seems like that would be a different story. I think I remember you saying a while back that getting off the pill has changed your skin? That could also be a possibility. Or is there any new products or new foods you've incorporated that could be the culprit?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime,Very Happy

I've thought of that as well-- and wondered if my going off the pill has caused the break out as my hormones are on loose and all helter skelter again, but I've gone off the pill before and this hasn't happened.... unless it's just this particular pill !! I've considered going on Ortho tri-cyclen when I decide to go back on it.... just needed the break. Cool

I know that if I was to have an allergic reaction to something, it would be more immediate, so I'm not drawing conclusions on the product just yet.... but just wanting to see if the removal of Mineral Oil and SLS might help to narrow things down a little more. Wink As for diet, I've removed dairies and switched to soy milk as I heard that milk and cheese can be the cause of break outs... the rest of my diet has stayed the same-- I try to eat real food and none that come in a bag that can cause nightmare break outs.Mad

Another thing I'd read was that Titanium Dioxide in sunblocks can also cause skin to breakout but I would assume that this would be the heavier zinck-y products...certainly that was the case when I used UV Tripleguard, a really heavy duty sunblock.... I am in doubt my normal everyday sunblock is causing that.

Thanks for helping me to narrow this stuff down Thoughtcrime-- your name is really apt !! Very Happy

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |