Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
serenity
5% products discount

Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I 've just spent the last hour reading through all the old posts I could find about this, and I'm really interested, but I have a few questions. My issues are, oily skin, large pores, and lines around my eyes. I've been using retin-a .025 for about a month now, and while I like what it has done for the eye area, I'm tired of looking like a lobster and it hasn't helped the pores. I've been using the OCM and ACV and the aspirin mask in the AM and really like the results. Which leads to my question. Could I continue to use these with the IS Clinical? If so,how do I incorporate it all? And do you use ISC around the eye? Does it help with lines?

TIA
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I may not be the best person to answer this as I am not a fan of OCM or ACV or aspirin masks.
IMO, if you want to use IS Clinical products, then get a skin analysis (can be done online with skinterra.com) and then only use the ISC products suited to your skin condition. It would seem that those members who have had the best results from ISC are those that use the complete ISC regime. The IS Clinical web page also has good information on which products to use for certain skin conditions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Some members do use the Is up to/around the eye area, I don't but I have sensitive skin. i do use the eye complex there. The Proheal would help with the redness. I do like their line as it does not irritate my skin unless it is a product that is too much anyway, like the firming. I was advised not to use the ACV toner with this regime, but I can't use the OCM method anyway.
serenity
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your help. I haven't gotton a reply back from the skin analysis yet, but I'm sure they are going to reccomend their products for both the AM and the PM.
So, should I give up on the retin-a? I am using it for wrinkles and pores anyway, not acne. And should I use their cleanser, or will any good cleanser and toner do?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Serenity,

I use Skinceuticals 1.0 retinol under my eyes along with IS Clinical and have gotten great results (but, keep in mind I worked up to that level of retinol and my skin isn't sensitive).

However, I don't think the line is at all compatible with OCM and you absolutely should not need an aspirin mask with it. You also don't need to use a toner with IS Clinical products. They do have a cleanser, but I don't use it ( I use a Neutrogena cleanser with great results and lowwww cost ).

To be honest, from what you describe, I think you're overtreating your skin. Whether you use IS Clinical or not, you might want to reassess what you're doing.

The combination of the ISC Active Serum and Firming Complex at night has left my skin PORELESS - something I never expected to see! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
serenity
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Katee,

I do think you are right, I was wondering the the same thing. And last night, I only washed my face with Ivory and did nothing else. I think I need a break.

Congrats on your success with ISC. I would settle for an improvement, but poreless would be wonderful!

I think I'll give it a week or so with using nothing to get my skin to calm down, and then try the ISC line. I can buy samples from ebay, so I won't be out much if I don't like it.

Again, thanks for the advice.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I got my samples and a skin analysis from theskincareinstitute. Very nice lady and very prompt turnaround. She gave me the most accurate analysis and application advice(next to Katee's advice as to the not overdoing it) and the only other skin analysis to not recommend/sales pitch but the basics. I first came to this forum with problems of over-exfoliation and using too harsh and way too rich of products for my skin type for years (Lancome, Clinique,etc). I since found IS Clinical and it changed my skin. Gentle cleanser, Vit C (Proheal) and sunscreen, very simple. I loved the idea of the ACV Toner, OCM and aspirin masks, you girls are so lucky who can do the natural stuff and not breakout (and it's cheaper). Now if I could just rid myself of this awful habit of trying new samples!!!
serenity
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my response back from the skin analysis.

Morning:

IS Clinical Cleansing Complex
Innovative Skincare SPF20 Sunscreen Powder

Evening:

IS Clinical Active Serum - helps exfoliate dead skin, improve the texture of the skin, diminish fine lines, lessen blackheads, minimize pores and even out the skin tone
IS Clinical Eye Complex

I was very surprised that they didn't recommend the proheal or the super serum, the two things I was the most interested in.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Serinity: Sorry my skin is dry, so I don't know if the recommednsed regime is enough or not. You can call them to confirm it. Katee is the IS Clinical expert. Hope she comes back to visit this post soon and give you some suggestions.

Katee: It is good to know that the Active Serum and Firming Complex combination works for many of you, the long time IS users. I am going to give it a try to. I found that I am very sensitive to Active serum. After just applying it for one night, my skin becomes rough the next day, and eventually it will peel in the next few days. I hope by adding Friming cream, it will not make my skin look rough.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Serenity, I can't believe the skin analysis you received for the am routine. It seems like there is a product missing like either super serum or proheal and considering you have oily skin, I would think it would be proheal. BTW I, and a few others have tried the powder sunscreen and were not too happy with it.

5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I was surprised by that as well. I'm going to follow up with them to make sure. The only reason I can think of is because of the oily skin. From what I've read the super serum is recommended for dry skin and the the proheal contains vitamin e, which oily skin does not like. Now granted, it's only 1 percent vit e, so I might try it anyway. I know that my pores have a hard time handling vit c. I've tried cellex c and DIY and didn't like either. I don't know if it's beacause of the HA or the PG or something else entirely, but I thought since so many people succesfully used the proheal, it might work for me.

Why do you not like the sunscreen?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Serenity,

I'm certain they left something out of your am routine - it makes zero sense.

I have oily skin and the Super Serum & HydraCool are fine for me.

Who did your analysis?
serenity
5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
The analysis was from skinterra. I emailed them this morning, I haven't received a reply yet. Is there anywhere else to get one?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Serenity when you got your skin analysis at skinterra did you indicate that you were using RetinA? If you did then they would not recommend Proheal because it contains retinol and they say you should not use both. I actually called skinterra about IS Clinical and they told me I should not use Proheal because I am using Differin, however they did recommend Super Serum. To be honest I was not impressed with skinterra and went on to talk to EDS and theskincareinstitute about ISC, both of them recommended Proheal serum. BTW I have oily skin and I think that Proheal is fine for oily skin.
Concerning the RetinA, you need to use it for more than a month to see results (especially any antiaging results). It sounds like the RetinA might be too much for your skin. Maybe you can try every other night and see how it works. Honestly I would suggest that you not start using ISC if you are going to continue with the RetinA. If your skin is irritated from the RetinA the actives in the ISC stuff could be way too much. I just started using Proheal today and I use retinoids but I have been using them for a long time and my skin has grown accustomed to them. That being said, I do plan on using my Differin every other night now that I am using the Proheal.

I do not know anything about OCM or ACV so I cannot comment on this. But in reference to the aspirin masks let me just raise a point for you to consider. It is recommended that you do NOT use salicylic acid with RetinA or any other retinoid because it can be too much for your skin. I myself cannot use salicylic acid at all since I am using Differin (my face really regrets it if I combine the two). Maybe since the aspirin mask is similar to using salicylic acid your skin might be having a bad reaction to the two. BTW if you find that the RetinA/salicylic acid combo thing is a problem for your skin then Active serum would be a problem if you continue with the RetinA since it has salicylic acid.HTH
serenity
5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL ,

Thanks for your input, that's probably what happened. I really don't think I will continue the retin-a. I think (or hope) the ISC line will give me what I want without the side effects. Even though I do think some of that was my fault.

I really liked the the OCM to clean the pores, it worked for me and it helped the retin-a dryness. I also liked the aspirin mask because it seemed to exfoliate any remaining dry skin and left it soft. And truthfully, I saw improvements in the lines around my eyes in just one month.

On the other hand, I still seem to produce just as much oil as ever, and still have these huge pores that are the bane of my existance.Clean, but still huge! And my skin was really red,sorta like too much sun. I realize now that it was all too much.

The plan right now is to not use anything for a week or so and then try ISC. This is day two and already my skin tone is more normal, at least what's normal for me.

So, I guess I will call and explain that I plan to stop the retin-a and go from there.

Thanks everyone for your help!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
serenity when it came to my oily skin I never had any luck with the Differin either. I don't think that RetinA is particularly good at reducing pore size either. If those were the only reasons that you were using it then you are probably better trying something else.

I would recommend that you speak with Mary at the skincareinstitute, I thought she was very helpfull and she really takes the time to listen and explain things. I myself felt much more comfortable speaking with her that with skinterra and she really knows her stuff!

Here's a link to the skincareinstitute if you are interested:

http://www.theskincareinstitute.com/index.htm

Let us know which products you decide to try!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Serenity, my skin sounds the same as yours. Large pores that I'm so self conscoius about and reddish face. I have been looking into the is clinical line so please please please let me now how it works out for you. Good luck!!!
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've also been looking into the IS Clinical line recently. I swung by the Skinterra site and got an analysis just to see what they came back with. After hearing what you all are saying about skinterra, I'm wondering about their recommendations:

Morning:

IS Clinical Cleansing Complex IS Clinical Super Serum
Innovative Skincare SPF20 Sunscreen Powder

Evening:

IS Clinical Active Serum
IS Clinical Eye Complex

I am surprised that they did not suggest the hydracool. And I am trying to figure out the differences between the ProHeal and the Super Serum. I thought that because I said I have oily skin they would recommend the ProHeal. But I'm thinking the Super Serum was recommended due to hyperpigmentation.

In any case, I was thinking of scoring a few samples from eBay before I commit to buying anything full sized yet and kind of seeing what works for me. I'm not in any rush to completely revamp my skin routine right now. I am still working on half a bottle of PSF 12% vitamin C. It's hard to resist getting excited when a line seems to have done so much for so many though! Very Happy
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Serenity/Katee

After first joining this board months ago and reading all Katee's posts about the IS clinical products, I tried every product but the IS clinical, the expense put me off Embarassed

I went to the DiannaYvonne site in the same hope as you serenity to sort my pores out Rolling Eyes

I have combination skin that has tended to be normal/combi. Although over the past few months reading these boards, I have become obsessed and gone a bit mad with the acids Embarassed

I purchased 15% salicylic acid and a 50% glycolic samples, the 15% I tried a few times and found I could leave it on, rhino skin, I know! Anyway in my eagerness I put in on every other night and obviously have been overdoing it swapping products, as my skin seems to have now become oily as it used to be in previous years Embarassed

Anyway sorry I am going off on a tangent, I finally caved in and bought the IS clinical line. I am on day 3. Like you I got the recommendation for the cleanser and the active serum, but I purchased the active and super serum.

Now what I have found the first night I put it on you can feel it tingling, it is strong, and I could feel it smart my eyes, so have avoided this area since. I also put a good few drops on, and think I used too much or my skin must be out of sync as I woke up greasy, never normally do, so reduced the dosage the next night, better the next morning.

I have also come out in a couple of spots, which I don't normally, but this maybe getting rid of my blocked pores, heres hoping!

Anyway the active serum, can't really tell what this is doing at the mo, and it does tend to sit on top of skin slightly, when I have washed my face is matte, but when I put this on it seems to leave a slight sheen. I don't think I have much success with vit c as I have struggled with psf emergen c one too Sad

Katee I have read your reviews on neutrogena and would love to buy this but don't think they have the Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish in the UK Crying or Very sad

I will keep you all updated in my quest with my pores and my precious IS clinical range, they are on the top shelf in my cabinet to avoid little hands and spillages Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am starting to wonder if proheal is no longer being recommended because the formula has changed?? In another topic which I can't find at the moment, I advised that the most recent bottle of proheal I received had such a different texture and colour that it seemed like a different product. Someone did contact ISC and was told it would only be the colour depending on the time of year but I am not convinced. In addition to that, it seemed to cause a few breakouts which, in the past, it had stopped. I have stopped using it for the time being.
In relation to the powder sunscreen, I have done a review on it here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10656&highlight=clinical+sunscreen+powder
In short, the powder is great for oily skin, shame about the container and brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I contacted IS after my new bottle of Proheal that I ordered from EDS was different in color, texture, and application. My skin had started breaking out with it and i stopped using it and then tried my old sample bottles for travel and it was fine. Go figure? Maybe if we all contacted IS they could figure out if there is a real problem.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of pro-heal from EDS & although I can't compare it to the other pro-heals, I find it heavier/tackier than the superserum . The superserum absorbs much faster-and I have oily skin Confused
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Rose

You might not want to add the firming complex if your skins that sensitive to the active, most on here that I've read with very sensitive skin from the active CANNOT add the firming, they instead alternate, one nite active one nite firming. Since both the active and the firming are very "active" I would choose one or the other if were you. Maybe the other ladies who know better than me can chime in. I can use the firming over the active but I am def not sensitive to the active at all.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
now i'm watching this thread avidly.... got my first bottle of Pro-Heal and it was of the same consistancy of AnnieR's. i've had some breakouts, but wasn't sure if it was purging, the HydraCool, or whatnot.... however, normalization occured. my skin is definitely reacting much better to the Pro-Heal than it has to any vitamin C product before. i've started diluting it a bit with a spritz of thermal water before and it's made a huge difference. i also think that it's a matter of the skin adjusting to it. when i started applying on the neck/chest area (very red and irritated from a bit too much sun in hawaii and a necklace allergy), i broke out under my chin! so i've stopped for now.

very confused. can the Pro-Heal be even better than it is? sheesh.... interested to know what other 'old-timers' Very Happy feel about the new formulations.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
oh ladies, I'm so excited & curious. reading Kate I ordered the whole bunch (active and super and proheal and eye complex . . .) and now I'm waiting for my package, it's a long time to reach the middle of Europe . . . I'm a bit worried how my skin will react to putting on so many things at once, plus I never really tried vit.c before. I cannot await ! so please keep posting your experiences.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |