Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
A Rave for Candessence Products!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Wow,

the body cleansing cream and those bath melts sound great--I'll definitely order some as soon as I get where I'm going for the summer (L.A.--ughhh!, monday). it must feel great to have created products that everyone can love so easily!

best,
avalange

Thanks Avalange! Looking forward to sharing my stuff with you too!

I do feel really good about it. Especially from all of you on the forum.

When I 1st started I quietly PM'd a very few select persons from here I knew would give me a brutally honest review. I'd rather that then go public and fall flat on my face! Plus everyone here knows what works in products, packaging & price Laughing the 3 P's I guess!

It's snowballed on me from there. I never knew there were so many of you that PM each other back & forth! Think

I read the majority of the threads, I jot notes of individual likes & dislikes and of the likes & dislikes in general of products. I think that is part of the appeal, my desire & willingness to listen & customize for each person as much as I can. I'm finding simplicity is what is working.

There is also the novelty of it. Luckily for me once someone makes that 'pity purchase' from me Laughing they've found they really do like it. And passes the word on.

You EDS'rs can be a scary group to try to please. Wink I can't tell you the hours spent fretting if a recently placed order arrived as nicely as it left & if it will live up to expectations! So far so good & I'm trying hard not to disappoint.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

You EDS'rs can be a scary group to try to please. Wink I can't tell you the hours spent fretting if a recently placed order arrived as nicely as it left & if it will live up to expectations! So far so good & I'm trying hard not to disappoint.

Luckyly for us You're one spuncky chick honey Laughing

and you have nothing to worry about...can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with your magic!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
As you can see from another review I have purchased a few of Candy's products. I am lusting for the Chocolate Body Butter. Laughing I have never tried a chocolate scent on my body. Will I walk around smelling like chocolate? Would you suggest using it in the evening rather than day?

Candy, what other products are scented with chocolate?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
As you can see from another review I have purchased a few of Candy's products. I am lusting for the Chocolate Body Butter. Laughing I have never tried a chocolate scent on my body. Will I walk around smelling like chocolate? Would you suggest using it in the evening rather than day?

LOL - well, as the others can tell you they really seem to enjoy wearing the scent. Right now for myself I'm stuck on Peach (which I never cared for b4) and Strawberry. Though I have been trying to find some time to make my Lemon Souffle (ahem...with same scented bath melts, hint, hint lol!)

Pretty much I can scent anything I make with the chocolate scent. It's premium quality oil (pricier but so authentic & skin safe - it's the only type of FO I'll buy anymore), so I can add it to anything.

When to wear it? Ummm, guess that depends. Someone here on the forum apparently likes to sniff her knees while working, lol so day time works for her! I put my butter on after my shower b4 work (which is normally around 1pm as I work afternoons). I can't really smell it after an hour or so, but people around me notice it.

I like leaving options open. So - most of my products are unscented. This way when someone places an order they can get what they want v/s me giving them what I want them to have. And if they aren't unscented I try to make a batch that will give me some extra that I can jar and keep stocked for the next order. I'm trying to keep my turn around less than 3 days. So far so good, but that's b/c I'm off work right now. My vacation ends next week - who knows what'll happen then! I better start making triple batches! lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am so delighted with my purchases from Candessence. Here is what I got:

Give Me a Smooch Lip Balm - Chocolate

This balm is very moisturizing without being greasy. It tastes so delicious. The smell of chocolate and the taste was very evident.

Encore Hand Lotion - Peach

I read reviews on this lotion but could not believe a lotion would keep you hand moisturized all day. Well, this one does!!! It is very light, sinks right in and my hands feel like velvet. The smell of peach is so authentic. This will be a keeper.

Almond and Oatmeal Cleansing Cream

This cream comes in a tub. It is very thick. You take a small scoop out, rub it between your hand and rub your body. It is loaded with almonds and oatmeal to exfoliate, caffeine and oils to firm the skin. The smell of the Essential Oils are to die for. After my shower the smell was present for a very long time.

Delectable Bath Melts - Almond and Lemon

OMG I love these little tarts. It is directed to drop two in a hot tub. I found I only need one. The oils and aroma make tubby time quite an experience. I did a separate review on the bath melts.

I am so pleased with Candessence products. I am hooked. I just placed an order for my daughter as a surprise.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm planning to order some of these products and am overwhelmed by the # of scents. Many sound really nice. Has anyone tried some of the more exotic ones. What are some personal favorites.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I'm planning to order some of these products and am overwhelmed by the # of scents. Many sound really nice. Has anyone tried some of the more exotic ones. What are some personal favorites.

I understand where you are coming from. I looked at the list of scents and had no idea what to order. Candy really helped me with that. I told her what I liked and she made some suggestions. I love Peach and Lemon for the hot summer months. Winter will be a different story. The chocolate lip balm smells yummy.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Cool me being the guilty party of sniffing my legs at work Very Happy I'm pleased to say that the Fudge Brownie (note: not straight chocolate) Never Ending Moisture Body Butter smells so delicious it puts a huge smile on my face every time I use it. I stopped eating sugar a while back (or at least eat very little of it) and the Fudge Brownie actually helps me stay away from chocolate - because it smells so good and tickles my tastebuds, I don't need to actually pop a piece in my mouth Laughing

The scent lingers almost from morning to evening, but is in no way overbearing.

I love the scent, and have never been a fan of chocolate products before. My BF isn't overly fond of the scent but totally agrees that it's a fantastic moisturizer - he's used it on his much rougher hands and we both noticed the difference...

HTH wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:

Define exotic. That's why I carry so many scents. What is to you isn't to someone else....well that and I just can't help myself when i order Rolling Eyes

Let me know what scents you really like be it fragrance oils or essential oils. I just made a batch of bath bombs for someone who requested a 'spa' scent. Yipes! Took me a few days but I think I came up with an ideal blend of EO's for the bombs. I keep sniffing my hands b/c the scent is so alluring.

Due to it being summertime most are leaning to the citrusy scents or fruity scents. Well - all except for my chocoholics Laughing Had to buy more FO for them!

PM me & we can work something out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Cool me being the guilty party of sniffing my legs at work Very Happy I'm pleased to say that the Fudge Brownie (note: not straight chocolate) Never Ending Moisture Body Butter smells so delicious it puts a huge smile on my face every time I use it. I stopped eating sugar a while back (or at least eat very little of it) and the Fudge Brownie actually helps me stay away from chocolate - because it smells so good and tickles my tastebuds, I don't need to actually pop a piece in my mouth Laughing

The scent lingers almost from morning to evening, but is in no way overbearing.

I love the scent, and have never been a fan of chocolate products before. My BF isn't overly fond of the scent but totally agrees that it's a fantastic moisturizer - he's used it on his much rougher hands and we both noticed the difference...

HTH wave

Ruth - let the SO know I do have 'boy' scents & gender neutrals as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

Luckyly for us You're one spuncky chick honey Laughing

and you have nothing to worry about...can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with your magic!

Amen, Ruth! Everything I've tried from her (and the list is growing...body scrub, body polish, lip balm, bath bombs & melts, etc.) has been nothing short of amazing! As I've posted before, one of my huge faves is the Candessence Brown Sugar Scrub...and on that note, I had an interesting "comparison shopping" experience in Sephora the other day...

Since I'm such a huge brown sugar fanatic, I had to at least stop and peruse a brown sugar scrub made by a company called Fresh. I picked up the jar, smelled it...and immediately put it down because it it smelled NOTHING like brown sugar, and it actually kinda stunk! (I know all sugar scrubs don't have to smell like sugar...but that's my preference.) Then I looked over at the posted price...and it was $62.50 for a tub that was smaller than what Candy offers for $10.00!! Not like I didn't know Candy's products were a bargain before, but this sure drove home the point in a big way!

Mary Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can't wait to try these products in a number of scents! Candy is so nice with personal service!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I loved everything I ordered! Unfortunately, most of it had melted in this 100 degree Texas heat but everything came right back together as soon as I got it in my fridge to reset. Here is what I got:

2 lip balms:

Cotton Candy - Yum! This one tastes sweet and everything, but the flavoring/scent actually stings my lips a bit due to the nature of it. Candy said she got a bit carried away with it so she's sending me another with less flavor so I can test that one out too (even though I told her she didn't have to!). I still use this though as the tingly effect plumps my lips a bit temporarily.

Tahitian Vanilla - I think this is my favorite of this purchase. It tastes wonderful and it has become my every day go to lip balm.

Bath fizzies (sorry if I'm screwing up the actual names!) - Lavender

These are absolutely wonderful. They came in cute little packages of 2 each so that is what I use for each bath. It takes a while to melt but I love having the fizzy in my bath to play with (I'm such a kid). They also had little seed/flower-like things and I can't remember exactly what they were, but they were a nice added touch. These fizzies left my skin feeling wonderfully soft and moisturized. Another

Bath melt - Day spa scented (This scent was a special request and Candy was sooo sweet to help me figure this one out. Of all things it turned out to be black pepper!)

I really loved these. I think they were a tad bit more luxurious than the fizzies, but they're pretty darn close. It's hard to describe the smell, but it was wonderful and like being in a glamorous spa!!!

Encore hand lotion - peach

Candy actually threw this one in as a treat! I do love it even though I've never been a huge fan of peach (this still smells great to me though). I keep this one by my bed and use it every night. I always wake up with the softest hands!

No more stinky toes

Well, I actually got this for my bf but he said that he does love it. I keep meaning to try it out for myself. I usually love these kinds of foot creams. It smells wonderful though, very minty!

Overall, I loved everything that I got. I highly recommend trying a few things. I will definitely be coming back for more!!! Thanks Candy!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I loved everything I ordered! Unfortunately, most of it had melted in this 100 degree Texas heat but everything came right back together as soon as I got it in my fridge to reset. Here is what I got:

2 lip balms:

Cotton Candy - Yum! This one tastes sweet and everything, but the flavoring/scent actually stings my lips a bit due to the nature of it. Candy said she got a bit carried away with it so she's sending me another with less flavor so I can test that one out too (even though I told her she didn't have to!). I still use this though as the tingly effect plumps my lips a bit temporarily.

Tahitian Vanilla - I think this is my favorite of this purchase. It tastes wonderful and it has become my every day go to lip balm.

Bath fizzies (sorry if I'm screwing up the actual names!) - Lavender

These are absolutely wonderful. They came in cute little packages of 2 each so that is what I use for each bath. It takes a while to melt but I love having the fizzy in my bath to play with (I'm such a kid). They also had little seed/flower-like things and I can't remember exactly what they were, but they were a nice added touch. These fizzies left my skin feeling wonderfully soft and moisturized. Another

The little seed/flower-like things are Lavender seeds. I couldn't resist when making these melts and just had to add them.

Bath melt - Day spa scented (This scent was a special request and Candy was sooo sweet to help me figure this one out. Of all things it turned out to be black pepper!)

I really loved these. I think they were a tad bit more luxurious than the fizzies, but they're pretty darn close. It's hard to describe the smell, but it was wonderful and like being in a glamorous spa!!!

Encore hand lotion - peach

Candy actually threw this one in as a treat! I do love it even though I've never been a huge fan of peach (this still smells great to me though). I keep this one by my bed and use it every night. I always wake up with the softest hands!

No more stinky toes

Well, I actually got this for my bf but he said that he does love it. I keep meaning to try it out for myself. I usually love these kinds of foot creams. It smells wonderful though, very minty!

Overall, I loved everything that I got. I highly recommend trying a few things. I will definitely be coming back for more!!! Thanks Candy!

Thanks Tam - I'm so happy you are pleased with everything. Hmmm, maybe next time I freeze your shipment b4 I send to insure it isn't all melty... Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, Can Candy ship to Australia?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Just another rave for the collection... I recently took a trip down to see my family for the 4th of July. It was hot as blazes down there, so I found myself in a skirts, sandals, etc most of the time. I was having trouble keeping my feet and legs hydrated tho--- I've recently gotten spoiled by using Candy's Body Polish in the shower, but I had forgotten to bring it with me. I did, however, bring with me a small jar of Candy's Body Butter (in chocolate, of course!), so I just took that baby into the shower with me, and smoothed the butter over my legs and feet. It locked in moisture but didn't rinse away as I finished my shower, and I enjoyed silky legs and feet all day. So, I would DEFINITEY encourage anyone who has bought the body butter to take it into the shower!^_^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
Sounds great, Can Candy ship to Australia?

I do - And have! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
OMG, Candy, I viewed your website and just had to place a small order. There are so many wonderful scents! I love fruity blends. Also, the sampler package is a very good idea and priced right. Can't wait for my package to Canada!
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
What an awesome product in No More Stinky Toes!

I look forward to using it after being on my feet all day or (and this is better), before bed. This is one of the best stress relievers I've found. HOW? When I finally get to bed, right after using No More Stinky Toes, I concentrate on the tingling (or mini foot massage, as I like to call it Wink ), and if ever I start thinking about the problems of the day, I quickly get back to relaxing and thinking of how my feet feel sooo good Anxious Off the Wall? Yeah...all I know is I drift off to sleep without a worry. Thus my "relaxation technique" for pennies a night NOT $150 a pop, to talk it over with a shrink! I love this stuff!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
What an awesome product in No More Stinky Toes!

I look forward to using it after being on my feet all day or (and this is better), before bed. This is one of the best stress relievers I've found. HOW? When I finally get to bed, right after using No More Stinky Toes, I concentrate on the tingling (or mini foot massage, as I like to call it Wink ), and if ever I start thinking about the problems of the day, I quickly get back to relaxing and thinking of how my feet feel sooo good Anxious Off the Wall? Yeah...all I know is I drift off to sleep without a worry. Thus my "relaxation technique" for pennies a night NOT $150 a pop, to talk it over with a shrink! I love this stuff!

Awwww - thank you so much Deb!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I just can't read it anymore without ordering it myself !!!!!!!!!!!!
Candy, would you please ship to Europe as well?
l.,
lin23
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
debbied - I think No More Stinky Toes will more than likely end up in my next order.

Luckily, my feet don't seem to sweat very much at all - only a bit if I wear canvas shoes in this hot weather, but they do get tired and sore. I used to swear by Lush's Pied de Pepper foot stuff for the tingling feeling, and it sounds as though Candy's will have the same kind of effect. It doesn't half make achey feet feel so much better. Definitely very relaxing.

In fact, I used to often just rub Pied de Pepper into my feet as a little treat, even if I didn't need it. (If I can't have some gorgeous hunky chaps to rub my feet for me, then it's the next best thing. Laughing )
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
I just can't read it anymore without ordering it myself !!!!!!!!!!!!
Candy, would you please ship to Europe as well?
l.,
lin23

I do ship internationally via USPS Global services.

How could I ever omit my friends outside the US? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
My life is probably very sheltered. On Candy's website, under fragrance oils, desserts & fruit mixes, there is a 'fragrance' called Monkey Farts Eh?
Not being often in the proximity of monkeys, what is this?? Is it describable?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Roadbee!

The Monkey Farts is the one thing of Candy's I haven't tried, but here's a link where she explains the scent (tropical):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13295&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=monkey+farts&start=25

Being that I'm pretty much a giant kid, I will probably have to order some of this stuff at some point! Laughing

Mary
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |