Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DDF Eye Cream SPF 15
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I know Mabsy will soon be giving a review on this, and she's much more fun to read Wink so I'll keep mine brief.

This forum made me realize that those little lines around my eyes wouldn't be there if I'd been using sunscreen. Mad So I started looking for eyecreams with SPF, and there aren't too many choices out there. I chose DDF because I'm already using (and loving) their regular sunblock.

THE PRO'S: It comes in a pump bottle, so there's no contamination. The texture is light and easy to spread, absorbs quickly, and leaves the skin feeling kind of silky, not sticky.

THE CONS: The box says it reduces puffiness, and boy does it ever! I list this as a "con" because I'm one of the blessed few who never gets puffy eyes. Because this stuff works so well, my undereye area looks and feels deflated.Sad

I'm putting it back in the box and up for swap at MUA, in case anyone's interested. (Member name is the same.)

Mabsy

Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Awww... I love reading your posts Alohagirl! Your knowledge of sunscreens/blocks continues to amaze me!

LOL.... deflated!? Surprised

I can't really comment on it yet because I haven't started to use it regularily. I'm using a sample of another eye cream at the moment Very Happy From the few times that I have used the DDF cream though I agree with you on the texture, it's quite light and it doesn't leave a white cast either.

Perhaps you could get a sample of the Murad eye cream with SPF? It's very nice, and leaves your skin nice and plump.

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, does this mean this one gets a half thumbs down from you since it's been packed up and ready for a swap on MUA?

Mabsy, I think you mentioned that the DDF Eye Cream SPF15 is lighter in texture than the Murad Essential-C SPF15 ....Phew ! :P....didn't feel a tug of temptation then. Alohagirl, I think you would really love this eye cream, I second Mabsy that you should trade in for the Murad ! Very Happy I love the thick texture of the Murad, I think for an eye cream with SPF, *THIS* is the kind of texture that's the benchmark for me. Thick yet non-greasy, Just perfect. I don't know if it's the running clockwork combination I have of using the Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF15 in the day and Cellcosmet at night that is producing a smooth line-less eyes but I'm happy with the sparkly results at the moment. Phytomer Contour Lift Eye Cream is on my next order though ! I am tonight going to be trying out the Cortry Eye Pastors 'experiment' Surprised....Newbie, hope this doesn't stink like the mask you tried made by the same peeple! :P

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy
LOL.... deflated!?

Yep, like a used party balloon.Wink

And Summertimegirl, I would still give it a full thumbs up because it does exactly what it says on the box, only in my case, that wasn't such a good thing.Sad (I'll pay more attention to descriptions from now on.)

Next stop, Murad Essential-C. Thanks ladies.

--Alohagirl:P
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, is the SPF in this chemical or natural? This might work for me as I could use some "deflating" in the a.m. because I NEVER get enough sleep! I know Mabsy and Summertimegirl have been raving about the Murad one. But to be honest, I'm a little hesitant to try it because I have not liked any of the Murad products I have tried, and vitamin C is too strong for my skin. I still love my Orlane one, but I think for summer I would like one with a sunblock. I have my eye on Liz Earle daily eye repair--has a non chemical SPF of 10.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, it has two chemical sunscreens and one physical block (2% zinc oxide.) The ingredients also list a whole bunch of herbs, which I assume are responsible for depuffing.

I've never cared for Murad products either because they're kind of harsh for sensitive skin. (IMO, anyway.) But since the eyecream is so highly recommended....

onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
eyecreams with SPF? i am the first to find, i want to try very much, i have to admit DDF is a high tech brand

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Eye cream with SPF will most likely sting my eyes!
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn, if you can't tolerate any kind of sunscreen near your eyes, I hope you wear UV protection sunglasses whenever you're outside. The bigger the better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
alohagirl wrote:
Natalyn, if you can't tolerate any kind of sunscreen near your eyes, I hope you wear UV protection sunglasses whenever you're outside. The bigger the better!

Thanks for the advice. I do try to wear big sunglasses, but must admit I forget them some time. I wear a hat though and try not to look up. I should try harder to wear sunglasses every time I go outside.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, thanks for your sharing.
I'm wondering this product can be used separately or need use another eye cream first to keep moisturize?
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
This product is not super moisturizing. For most people it would probably be fine, but if you have very dry skin, I think you might want to moisturize your eye area first, then use this for sun protection.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I want to buy the" DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer "Who could tell me what about this product?
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
alohagirl wrote:
This product is not super moisturizing. For most people it would probably be fine, but if you have very dry skin, I think you might want to moisturize your eye area first, then use this for sun protection.

Thanks Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Eye cream with SPF will most likely sting my eyes!

Look for a physical sunscreen for an eye cream. I highly recommend Clarins spf 30 with titanium dioxide. It dries matt so you can apply eye shadow over it.

It is not very moisturizing so I use a treatment product under they eye area.

I have used this product all over my face with good results. (My tube was going to expire soon and I wanted to use it up.)

A 20ml tube lasts a long time. Be sure to check the expiry date when purchasing.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |