Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Work from Home, Surveys, Secret Shoppers etc...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am contemplating to "venture" into making some extra cash by doing on-line surveys or even be a mystery shopper. However, all these requires a one-time payment to be a member to get access to these information. I am just wondering is anyone out there already a member and if it's worth paying to be a member in the first place. Thanks!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
rip-offs!!!! just give me your money~ Laughing
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
If you find anything out, I'd like to know as well. I'm a full time (20 credits a semester) student with no job. Extra cash would be great!!! However, those 1 time fee's scare me away!!! Sad It does seem like they could easily rip you off...
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm assuming most of them are total ripoffs. Years ago I signed up with a mystery shopping thing that was and still is totally legit. Every so often they send me an email but I don't have any saved! I will check and the next one they send me I will let you know their info. They never asked for a signup fee and they've been around for awhile. They match you with requests in your area. However the pay is pretty low. As far as I know all of the other mystery shopper opportunities out there ask you to sign up for other offers, etc etc etc. I know that surveys can be legit if you get in with the right company, however I don't know what it is. I know when I was younger they had a survey at the local shopping mall that would pay me like $5 every time I did one which was, hey an extra $5 for a teenage girl shopping at the mall. I don't know if you could ever make a substantial amount of money doing this, I think the most it could be would be something like babysitting money... but that's just my assumption.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a full-time student too, that's why all these on-line surveys, data entry and mystery shopper are tempting. Just skeptical to invest the membership fees and most importantly, providing my credit card information.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, the mystery shopper things are 99% scams. I would suggest staying away. If you want a FREE list of surveys go to yellowsurvey.com or yellowsurveys.com, can't remember which. Data entry are also scams! I make an extra $50 a month with surveys, an extra $400-500 a month with free gift sites. You just have to do a lot of research and find out what works for you. Smile
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Tell me more about the "free gifts sites"

Those mystery shopping jobs are not enough to be worth the time and GAS you have to invest.

I participate in focus groups. you sit in a conference room and discuss products. Marketing Research firms need to know exactly what the consumer thinks and wants in a product and this is how they do it. It takes about an hour to 2 hours. I get paid from $100-$130.

Plaza Research chicago, houston, NYC, maybe others not sure. they always pay well.

Focus Pointe

Delve Research

I don't hve the web addy anymore but google it. they call me every week. they interview over the phone to first see if you qualify and then if you do, they schedule it. Now most of the time I don't qualify but thats ok I get work every 3 months or so and sometimes all in one or two weeks. I made $300 in a week and 1/2 b/c all of them called me. Each company wants you to do no more than 1 every 6 months but you just tell a white lie and say you haven't, they don't check. And don't ever tell them you do groups with OTHER companies either, that counts too.

Google "marketing research focus groups" to find more of these companies they are all over.

But I still want to hear abou the "free gifts sites" PLEASE, that sounds interesting.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
I make an extra $50 a month with surveys

Okay I'm so confused. I went to that website about an hour ago and had a look around. I filled out a couple things yet almost EVERYTHING i entered was for a sweepstakes (which I'm not going to bother filling out something for 20 minutes just to ENTER a sweepstakes...). I found a couple that offered money, so I filled them out, 10 minutes later after answering questions they told me I wasn't eligible. Why did I spend that time filling it out then? Uck, so annoying. Can you please elaborate on how you actually make money doing this, let alone $50 a month. I have a lot of down time on the computer so even though that's not much its better than sitting here doing nothing but reading horoscopes and the like. I would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction because I just got aggravated trying to do it on my own. Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Not many of those actually pay money. Most just get your info so be careful.

I still want to know about the "free gift sites". lol
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't trust any place that ask for money in advance.
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Ya, I once signed up with one which I have to pay US 39.95 to join as member. The only benefit with that is it provides a software which automatically fill in your information with different surveys...so you only have to do it once. But it got too tedious to find "jobs" that is actually applicable to me. So I asked for refund. Took me 2 months to get my credit card credited. Sad
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
RoboForm is free! Its got no spy or adware and works like a charm. It works for anything you have to fill in info for on the net. http://www.roboform.com/
Why pay a membership fee for this kind of software when its already out there for free?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
RoboForm is free! Its got no spy or adware and works like a charm. It works for anything you have to fill in info for on the net. http://www.roboform.com/
Why pay a membership fee for this kind of software when its already out there for free?

Cool! Thanks PhoebesMeow!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
WHAT ARE FREE GIFT SITES? I am so curious about this and HOW do you make $4-$500 a MONTH?
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
ive always wanted to work as secret shopper myself but i cannot find a legitimate website, that would have been great shopping while working.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Did 100's of these through the years. All are scams. If you could make that kind of money working from home, why would'nt everyone. In and Out Burger would be closed and no one would work for peanuts if you could sit in your PJ's all day raking in the dough.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Okay I finally got an email from the company I told you about for mystery shopping that is NOT a scam. I signed up with them over 5 years ago, never paid them anything. They periodically send me offers, here is the link to register with them.
http://www.mysteryshopperregistration.com/pss/register.php

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I am just wondering are you in Canada or US?
PhoebesMeow wrote:
Okay I finally got an email from the company I told you about for mystery shopping that is NOT a scam. I signed up with them over 5 years ago, never paid them anything. They periodically send me offers, here is the link to register with them.
http://www.mysteryshopperregistration.com/pss/register.php
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the US. I'm not sure if that company has stuff in Canada, sorry. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have an SUV and with gas prices these mystery shopping gigs are not worth it. It is very steady but pays very little. $20 is not enough when I'll use $10 in gas. And the ones that pay arelike $40 to buy a computer (with my own money) and return it. that just makes me nervous. But if anyone wants the name of that place, just PM me.
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hey PhoebesMeow, I signed up for it and I received an email today~ They do have some assignments in Canada but unfortunately, for this assignment, the stores are not located in the city I am located. Not planning to drive 80km to Toronto for $8 Bad Grin but I'll wait for future openings~ Thanks for the link!

PhoebesMeow wrote:
I'm in the US. I'm not sure if that company has stuff in Canada, sorry. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |