Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Lucia, DreamLash, and Ardell
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
What do these really do? Do they really help grow your lashes? Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I never used DreamLash but started my lash growth with Ardell and combined with Lucia. Yes, they certainly did thicken and lengthen my thin lashes. My brows also filled in. Next I went to Jan Marini Lash. While I was pleased with the Ardell/Lucia combo, Jan Marini is my favorite by far. Jan Marini Lash is very expensive and doubt I will repurchase. Hoping that Lucia/Ardell or something else will keep the results I have achieved.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia and Ardell didn't work for me. But I already have long, fairly thick lashes and brows so maybe it was greedy of me to want more.
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, did you have thick eyelashes ever? I'm asian and have never had thick or long eyelashes

5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Ardell for the past month and it hasn't made my lashes any longer naturally. When I use it I notice my lashes are longer due to some fibres in the Ardell. The very tips of my lashes are whitish, but the length disappears when I wash my lashes.

I guess if you're after temporarily longer lashes then Ardell is for you.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
On a related note I believe the Ardell product is available in Australia now! Surprised So am finally going to try it. Hope all goes well- the reviews so far have certainly been excellent. Bit unsure now after having read this thread. But still worth a try.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've been using Ardell for the past month and it hasn't made my lashes any longer naturally. When I use it I notice my lashes are longer due to some fibres in the Ardell. The very tips of my lashes are whitish, but the length disappears when I wash my lashes

I could never put my finger on it but yes I have noticed the exact same about Ardell.
I picked some of this up when I was in the US, I think for the price it is quite good and if you dye your eyelashes it is great as a clear mascara anyway!
I agree completely about how the length disapears when you wash the Ardell off.

Tue May 23, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
On a related note I believe the Ardell product is available in Australia now! Surprised So am finally going to try it. Hope all goes well- the reviews so far have certainly been excellent. Bit unsure now after having read this thread. But still worth a try.

OMG!!!!! WHERE!!!!???? Shock Question Question Question How much????

Sorry, a little bit excited after reading your post. I do prefer DreamLash but it's too hard to find even in the US.... I'd love it if the Ardell was avilable here.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
OMG!!!!! WHERE!!!!???? How much????

Sorry, a little bit excited after reading your post. I do prefer DreamLash but it's too hard to find even in the US.... I'd love it if the Ardell was avilable here.

Shall PM the details. Am similarly excited- haven't actually tried any of the above but am planning to (if the rumours are true...)
Mabsy

Wed May 24, 2006 1:33 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:

Shall PM the details. Am similarly excited- haven't actually tried any of the above but am planning to (if the rumours are true...)

Thank you Smile
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've been using Ardell for the past month and it hasn't made my lashes any longer naturally. When I use it I notice my lashes are longer due to some fibres in the Ardell. The very tips of my lashes are whitish, but the length disappears when I wash my lashes

Actually, I don't think the Ardell has any fibers in it. The above happens to me too, but it also has happened with other lash growth serums I've tried. I think it's because the serum is slightly opaque and clings to the invisibly fine, blonde tips of your lashes (as carekate has mentioned in her review of the 1000 Hours Lash Dye kit, even dark-haired people have these tips) when it's on, "highlighting" them. When you wash off the serum, those tips go back to being invisible.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm Asian and didn't inherit the long lashes that my oldest sister did(her eyes look like they're in jail!). I bought the Lucia to fill in a gap in the bottom lash line and just put it on both. The hairs themselves have not gotten thicker, but I'm growing another row of lashes on top which is cool in a weird way. Since I have single lids, when I curl my lashes, the few hairs in the new "top row" seem freakishly long.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Emilee_ann_143 wrote:
What do these really do? Do they really help grow your lashes? Thanks!!
Yes, these products really do work! There are countless discussions on the forum with glowing “testimonials” from dozens of satisfied users. They seem to work even for those who have always had thin or sparse lashes.

Below is a reply that I posted in a different ‘eyelash growth’ thread. The reason that I have cut and pasted it below is because it contains links to some of the more relevant eyelash discussions so you can check things out for yourself:
carekate wrote:
I used to use Mavala, along with Talika Lipocils, Starlash, DreamLash...just about all them, but wasn't impressed. Lucia and Ardell were the best, until I developed my own formula. I also like the Jan Marini Age Intervention Lash stuff (works as well as my homemade serum), although the $125+ price tag may be off-putting for some.

For the record, here are some links to past discussions about the various lash serums:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8859&highlight=mavala
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4447&highlight=mavala
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6593&highlight=mavala
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5318&highlight=mavala

If you are on a tight budget and are looking for a bargain product that will provide visible results within a couple of weeks use, then get yourself a tube of Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Accelerator. If money is no object, then the Jan Marini Age Intervention Lash is BY FAR the best lash growth product *currently* on the market – notice I said “currently:” that’s just until Dr. Holland’s Lush Lash serum makes it official debut early next month! Wink Very Happy

And finally:
Nijey wrote:
Quote:

Actually, I don't think the Ardell has any fibers in it. The above happens to me too, but it also has happened with other lash growth serums I've tried. I think it's because the serum is slightly opaque and clings to the invisibly fine, blonde tips of your lashes (as carekate has mentioned in her review of the 1000 Hours Lash Dye kit, even dark-haired people have these tips) when it's on, "highlighting" them. When you wash off the serum, those tips go back to being invisible.

Nijey is right on the money with her hypothesis! Neither Ardell nor Dreamlash, or the other ‘mascara-like’ lash growth products (i.e.: Mavala DoubleLash, Talika Lipocils) contain any “fibrous” ingredients like those you see in those 2-step lash-priming mascara products where you first apply a coat of yucky looking white gunk to give your lashes length and bulk and then apply colored mascara over it.

So that white tip you are seeing at the very tip of your lashes is indeed an optical illusion caused by the whitish formulation of the lash serum highlighting the naturally pale tip of your lashes. I think of it sort of like a “french manicure” where you’ve got those stark white painted tips on your nails covering the real whitish tips of your nails which instantly make your fingernails look longer and better kempt.

I have a feeling I’m not explaining my little metaphor very well, but hopefully y’all can figure out what I’m trying to say... Embarassed Anyway, I have found that I don’t notice this “french tip” on the end of my lashes when I’m wearing Ardell after I’ve tinted my lashes with the 1000 Hours. Once you’ve “permanently” darkened those natural blond tips on your lashes with the lash tint, you’ll find that the illusion of length doesn’t seem to disappear as much when you wash off the lash serum at the end of the day!

So there ends Dr. Holland’s “Introduction to Lash Growth Serums, 101" lecture for this week. Wink I hope you all took good notes because there will be a pop-quiz at the beginning of the next class! Razz Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu May 25, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm from melbourne and Ardell can be found in the priceline here Very Happy
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Caretake,

What is Dr. Holland’s Lush Lash serum? Do you know what price range it is?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Removed due to duplication.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
Hi Caretake,

What is Dr. Holland’s Lush Lash serum? Do you know what price range it is?
It's my homemade lash growth serum and I haven't yet decided how much I'll be charging but it'll be more than a tube of Ardell but significantly then a tube of the Jan Marini lash stuff!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
When will it be available?
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Arrow HEY!!! My name's Nikki:) I've been reading all about this eyelash stuff and just this very second joined the site! I AM OBSESSED!!! I love the look of beautiful thick long curly lashes!! Because of the recent posts I've read about Lucia and Ardell, I went on ebay and grabbed some of that Japanese Lucia. Please post more about your own line carekate or refer me to a link!! SmileSmile you guys are great Cool
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
OH also- how long does it take to see results for the lucia ardell combination? and how often do you apply it?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have both ardell and lucia. I don't see much improvement after applying Ardell. Lucia is better.
Here is my story about Lucia:
I am Chinese, but I don't really have asian eyes. I have full eye lash, used to be not very long, maybe around 6mm. After applying Lucia several nights, it grew longer around 2-3 mm. As they grew longer, I started to lose some. I don't know why, it seemed like that is the max length that my eye lash can grow. So, I stopped using Lucia for awhile. Yet, my eye lash always look full and longer than it used to (now, it's around 7-8 mm). I do maintain eating hair vitamin every day. So, that might be the reason my eye lash look better.

I am quite thankful with this product. I do get some complement from people around me about my eye lash since I am chinese and I do have longer eye lash.
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
For me it took more then a month to see any actual improvement on my lashes with the Lucia/Ardell combo. I dont think it increased the length of my lashes too dramatically but I do see them thickening and strengthening. I started to use this combo because I was losing lashes from using waterproof mascara daily. But nowadays instead of having lashes fall out everyday I only see it every once so often. I know for sure my lashes are stronger and thicker.
so0_flawless
5% products discount

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Sad well i read the numerous threads, and ordered Ardell from the drugstore site and at night my eyes were pricking. I have a feeling sometime that night I rubbed my eyes and I woke up with an eye irritation (more on one than the other). So far, I dont think Ardell is doing it for me. Crying or Very sad Anybody know why? I brush it on from root to tip upon application.

Where do I get the Lucia stuff? Or Dream Lash? Coz I didnt see Dream Lash at Wally World.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:48 am      Reply with quote
so0_flawless wrote:
Sad
Where do I get the Lucia stuff? Or Dream Lash? Coz I didnt see Dream Lash at Wally World.

Hi so0_flawless, our Forum Member tiger_tim is so kindly offering to order LUCIA for us. Think the thread is in EDS Lounge. She is in Tokyo so it is more convenient to order through her. Look for the thread and PM her for details - think she needs to consolidate orders before July 22.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
or you can get it from maimeow on ebay- thats where i got mine and the shipping was relatively fast for a Japanese item:) Im willing to invest in this Jan Marini eyelash growth product though- it seems promising!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |