Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Is anyone concerned re: long-term use of LED light therapy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if I need to have any concerns at all, but I am saving up to order the LightStim device (LED) light therapy, and I am having concerns about long-term effects. Do you think there's any reason to think that since the skin cells are "stimulated" that this could be a worry for skin cancer over long-term use?

I was a sun-worshiper many years ago as a teenager, and am concerned that I may have some "unhealthy" skin cells now, even though I checked out ok for now last year with the dermatologist.

But I REALLY want help with my fine lines and some sagging (I'm 51) , can't use Botox, and really am wanting to try the LightStim. Also want it for acne and rosacea and redness issues.

To those who have talked with dermatologists about similar types of devices and LED light therapy, have you asked them about any potential harmful long-term effects? Confused

I have wanted something like this for a long time, because I used to clear my skin up from breakouts by holding my face up to the sun, and the next few days and weeks, my skin would clear up so well (this was years ago when I was doing this - I started avoiding the sun about 25 years ago and started being very cautious).

But since I've had quite a bit of sun exposure in the past, I'm wondering about the LED lights and my skin. I can't get in to see a derm. for a while to ask them my questions.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Do a google search. There are a multitude of studies, many of them done by NASA (which I consider particularly trustworthy), indicating that there are few things safer!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I, too, am a little worried about holding the thingy to my face for long, protracted amounts of time... But until they come out with a broken capillary zapper, I'm holding out...
Does everyone have unqualified good reviews at this point? So curious how everyone's auto-treatments are going...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am concerned, but a number of studies indicate that LED therapy is safe.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy, have you called LightStim and discussed your concern with them? I just placed an order today, so I hope it is safe! I googled and found this article: http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/new-non-invasive-applications-led-light/story.aspx?guid=%7BF9916B29-00BE-44F4-BDF4-0AC827C1A52E%7D

Though it's not LightStim, the article is about a company that offers a similar product using LED technology to treat skin problems (aging, acne, etc).

Quote: "The Omnilux light trio is an FDA-approved medical device, whose scientific heritage spans nearly 20 years. It is FDA approved for both safety and efficacy, and is supported by more than forty-five independent peer review studies, plus Omnilux treatments are compatible with other existing skin rejuvenation procedures such as Botox(TM), dermal fillers and thread lifts."

HTH
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just read in the FAQ section at lightstim.com that the light could be used to treat tummy stretch marks. WOW! I would be so happy if I could get rid of these things. It says it might take 6-12 months. I will be patient!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |