Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ordering ADCE from Canada- duty?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Have any Canadian members ordered AlphaDerma
from Janson Beckett? If so, what were the taxes or duty taxes, that were added on to your order as it crosssed the boarder? They tell me at JB that there are no taxes, at all, but I am afraid that I'll have Canadian taxes to pay... and I won't be covered if I don't budget for them.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've never ordered from Jansen Beckett directly but I have ordered skincare that was taxed by customs. It's been a couple of years so I don't recall the exact duty percentage but it was somewhere between 10-18%. Then you've got the PST and GST, plus the $5 handling charged by Canada Post. Sad

Have you considered buying from EDS? It might well be cheaper.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Yeah...go buy from EDS 'coz they've better offer. (I've done a serious comparison)
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies.. I appreciate the feedback. Excuse me for being so in the dark, but I thought that EDS and Janson Beckett site were affiliated!
AS for the EDS site being cheaper- the Janson Becket site has an ongoing special called the Gift of Youth pack, in which you are able to buy for example:
a 4oz ADCE
a 4oz skin prep
and a cleansing milk
all for $159.99 U.S.

for about $39, you can replace the cleansing milk with an Okusil.

Do you still find the EDS forum cheaper to buy from? If so, can you please tell me how do I order from them?

Thanks!

Andrea
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Andrea,

Oh gosh yes, EDS is HEAPS cheaper... not only because you pay in CAD, but you will get a 10% member discount AND there is a free gift of a full size C&C Serum!

(edit) OK< maybe not heaps cheaper, but comparative. Laughing especially when you consider the free vitamin C serum (which goes very well with the ADCE and Prep people say). Right back to work... Laughing (end of edit)

EDS pricing on the same pack:
$127 ADCE
$87 Prep
$22 Milk
Total: CA$236
+ FREE C&C facial serum value $59
AND you will get 5% forum member discount AND free shipping

So you would get all the above for CA$224.20

If you wanted to get Okusil instead:

$179 ADCE and Okusil (special pack here on EDS)
$87 Prep

Total: CA$266 (only $252.70 after member discount) AND you still can have the free C&C serum

Here is the link to the Janson Beckett products (hard to find here as they are listed as ADCE) http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-anti-ageing.htm

Make sure you sign in at the shop using the same email address you use here on the forum so that your member discount will appear at checkout.

Happy shopping

(second edit... I forgot to mention.. you will also get great customer service here and lovely samples with your order!)

(final edit.. you can save a few more bucks by getting the ADCE+Prep set and adding Okusil onto it. That works out $4 cheaper than buying ADCE+Okusil and adding Skin Prep)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I discovered EDS when shopping around for Janson Becket last year. Little did I know that I would become an EDS addict! Laughing
Save yourself the hassle of dealing with customs (because you will be paying duty, taxes & handling charge), buy here at EDS & you know exactly what it's going to cost & also get great service.
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank-you to all who replied to this question! It took me a few days to get it figured out, but you are indeed correct- the EDS is indeed the better way to go.
I am still doing a little comparison, though- with the option of ordering on ebay... I know it is risky, but it seems to be so much CHEAPER! So I have posted a question on here about ebay, before I just go ahead and order, I'm going to research .......
I certainly will order from EDS if the ebay idea doesn't pan out. thanks again for your help!
Andrea Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Be careful on eBay, Andrea, as I understand that there was some dodgy Janson Beckett stuff on there.
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning, Majorb! Will definitely take it into consideration! Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |