Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Murad Essential-C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm so excited to receive my package from EDS after I woke up this morning. It is a Murad Skin Renewing Kit consists of Essential-C Cleanser, Daily Renewal Complex, Moisturizer SPF15 and Eye Cream SPF15. I jumped out of my bed and try them immediately .

Since the kit doesn't include a toner, I used the Valmont Express White Lotion to tone my skin after cleansing. I'm not sure it's the cleanser or the toner (maybe the toner doesn't work well with the cleanser), my skin felt very rough and dry, and the area around my mouth was flaking. When I applied the Daily Renewal Complex, my check tingled. (I have dry skin but never came across this before) I immediately apply the moisturizer and started to feel better afterwards. But the skin is still not hydrated enough.

I also received a sample of Decleor Aromessence IRIS. Can I use this to moisture some skin first before I apply the Daily Renewal Complex?
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
It's my 3rd day using the Murad set. I still feel a tingling sensation when applying the Daily Renewal Complex. I read an article saying that this indicates an effective Vitamin C reaction. The skin will begin to easily tolerate after about a week...I will wait and see how it's going.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I intended to purchase this item but I am not sure whether it suits my skin type or not.
End up I bought the product from Sothys and PSF.

Hope to hear more from you about this essential C.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Oh! I forgot this Decleor Aromessence Iris which I have used quite a while ago. It has the same function as other brands' serum but this iris oil is for mature skin.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think I can do a review of the Murad set today.

Essential-C Cleanser
It is a gel type cleanser, orange scent. I use this both am and pm but not for makeup removal purpose. Cleans well and doesn't dry out my skin.

Daily Renewal Complex
The texture is very different, it's a velvety cream but I can see and feel there's a lot of very tiny particles inside.
The result will be ended with ambiguities. In the first few days, I got stuck by this product as I have the tingling sensation. It also caused a lot of white stuff after I put on the moisturizer over it. The white stuff is reduced after I put less. Tangling sensation was gradually decreased. This is not quite moisturizing but it does help to reduce fine lines. Yet, no signficant improvement in lightening freckles.

Moisturizer SPF15 and 1/2
It is a creamy texture moisturizer with sunscreen. Non-sticky, non-greasy and easy to apply. Medium hydrating level but good enough for dry skin like me.

Eye Cream SPF15 and 1/2
Similar to the texture of the moisturizer, with the same SPF as well. Fine lines of my undereyes has reduced, skin tone was brighten up, eyelids has been uplifted(but not remarkable).
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Ocha

Thanks for your review.

I am interested to try Murad eye cream with SPF. I have worn contact lens for about 15 years and now I have to uplift my eyelids as I noticed that they are not that firm.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Haha Laughing bb2000, I just recommend you to get this eye cream in another thread minute ago.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ocha

Got your message. Many thanks.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
To Ocha,

I miss the chance to buy the Murad skin renewing Kit which you had. I could not find here at EDS. Of course I can wait in order to get the great deals next time. Laughing
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000,

I know Sephora has the set if you wish to order it soon. Here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P136212&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4164

My set costed me $66.30CAD and sephora sells it for $58USD. I think it's cheaper to order it from EDS if you're living in Canada (take into account the custom duty).
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ocha,

It's so nice you mentioned Sephora. I will be in the US within 2 months' time and I am sure I will pay a visit there. Very Happy
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of Murad Essential-C Night Moisture which I used in combination with the Night Reform treatment. I was expecting a chemical smell (I don't know why) but to my surprise the smell was delicate and pleasant. It felt good on my skin... didn't dry it up or make it feel oily... it was perfect. I really didn't think I would enjoy those products but now I'm thinking about buying them. Aaaaaaaaaah those samples!!! Sometimes I would rather not get them. Wink
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Ocha! I haven't tried the rest of Murad's essential C line, but I LOVE the eyecream with SPF, especially now that it's summer - I usually use a couple drops of squalane or camellia oil around my eyes BEFORE applying this eyecream for additional moisture.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I was using the Murad Essential C line...and it caused a lot of whiteheads. (Switched to Obagi...having great success). Just wanted to let you know to be alert in case you experience what I did.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for review.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review. I hope you will not get any allergic from such a good product.
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
This product feels heavenly going on. I have slightly oily, mature skin that does not always respond well to creams. I use Murad's Night Reform and then layer this on top. It has a great feel and moisturizes without feeling greasy or heavy. Lovely!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I've only used the Murad spf15 eye cream and I do like it but its a bit expensive for a little bottle. But it does seem to brighten the eye area (it has tiny light reflecting particles) and decrease puffiness. I only need a tiny bit of this as applying too much makes the eye area look greasy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I just saw this review. I've been eyeing this for a while. Thank you.
havana8

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just noticed that EDS has a great deal on the Murad Essential-C Eye Treatment Duo right now. The duo is has both the…

Murad Lighten and Brighten Eye Treatment

and the

Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/murad-essential-c-eye-tre-p_7633.htm
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Murad essential-C toner is great for me.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Ocha , thank u for ur review, that really give me some idea about this product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
can anyone be nice enough to list the ingredients?? Rolling Eyes

many thx!!!
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review . I am interested in Eye Cream SPF15 .

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I am so interested in vitamin c products. This murad product is one of my wish list but the price is so high. I will buy if it on sale. Waiting for that time. Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |