Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
PSF eyecream vs. Cellularskin-rx eyecream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
For the past several weeks I've been doing a half face test of these two eye creams--PSF Super Hydrating Eye Treatment and Cellularskin-rx Firming Peptide Eyecream. Both I would describe as somewhat hydrating, with the edge going to the PSF. (If you are looking for a really rich cream, you'll need to look elsewhere.) The PSF has a slight waxy scent; the CSRx has no detectable scent. The PSF has a tendency to separate a bit as it ages; the CSRx is better emulsified. Ingredients vary a bit, though both have a Matrixyl 3000 type of peptide and some nice botanical extracts. PSF lists grapeseed oil and jojoba oil as main ingredients; CSRx has glycerin. The CSRx is paraben free, the PSF has a paraben preservative, probably due to its higher oil content. Note that the ingredients lists for both on the EDS site are not complete--you have to go to their own websites for a full ingredient list.

Price for the same size container (15 ml.) is $32 for the CSRx and $55 for the PSF.

Now for the drumroll and the half face test: Both seem moderately effective in hydrating and smoothing fine lines temporarily. I couldn't see any difference overall. Neither are miracleworkers (sadly) but both do help with my mature eye issues. One final note: the PSF did seem to make eyeshadow crease--again, probably due to higher oil content. I would not use it myself during the day for that reason but would stick to it as a night cream.

Still looking for the perfect eyecream, but meanwhile these two are comparatively inexpensive and not bad. If you are looking primarily for a Matrixyl 3000 based eye product, these should be considered.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey flit, thanks for posting the side by side comparison! I've been curious about how Cellular Skin RX measures up with PSF and may try it when I run out.

I have noticed that PSF hydrating serum is rather oily and learned to use it only at night. Otherwise, despite the use of UDDP primer, my eyeshadows would crease by midday. I've tried peptides around the eye area but think matrixyl is more effective on the deeper lines. So far I've found that I need to use 2 different eye creams, once during the day [PSF phytolift cranberry eye gel] and PSF super hydrating serum at night.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
thanks flitcraft !!
it is great review!! Very Happy
i use remergent dna repair as eye cream now,not see any result yet(2 weeks),but i really like it so far

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |