Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Carmindy from what not to wear
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I have been swamped this last month and not been online as much, but thanks to TIVO I have started watching 'What Not to Wear' and '10 years younger.' <dad-burn tivo suggestions...>

Anywho, I'm pretty hooked right now, but I'm wondering....What the heck is that spray foundation Carmindy uses?

It looks great on the ladys I've seen, but I can't see a name for the brand. I do recognize the Bobby Brown products, but I have never seen spray foundation before. Anyone have clue out there?

According to her web-site, she is known for using watercolor technique....???? I would love to understand that more as well as try the products she uses (NOT the crest strips she is plugging..hehe). Outside of appearing on either show (fat chance) I am stumped on the products, but love the results.

FYI: I love Nick, but when I looked up a haircut from his salon...its like $300 plus!!!!! Ack! I wonder if he does locks of love. Very Happy

I've only seen 3 episodes of 10 years younger and I'm really starting to like it alot. The black guy kindof freaks me a little. I can only describe him as.....pretty. His hair is outragous, but his face??...too bad he isn't a woman...he'd be a knock out. Probably NOT what every man wants to hear, eh? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
What a great show! I think Carmindy is so pretty...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what foundation she uses, but I have to agree ... she's so pretty and I love the "glow" she has in her makeup. She should write a beauty book ... I would definitely buy it.

Yeah, that guy from 10 Years Younger is pretty crazy looking! It's so annoying when guys look prettier than I do ... or when they have better hair. Why is life so unfair sometimes? Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
If I'm not mistaken I think it's Sally Hansen Spray Foundation (I want to say I seemed to recall commenting on it while watching with a friend one night).

I wear this on 'nights out' & not gonna risk it with my MM. Little trick I use that works awesome is a drop of squalene oil mixed into the foundation before I apply. Nice healthy glow, not slick at all. And stays ALL night without ever looking 'made up'.

Embarassed - but if I'm wrong, lol, like that would be the 1st time, yeah right! My same opinion stays & for the price you can't beat it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it's Sally hansen's brand, Carmindy has a web site through the TLC main web site and she said what it was. But unfortunately right now I can't remember the name, I want to saw ERA or modelco, I hate it when I have one of those TIA monents. Good luck.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I haven't seen the US version, but I was also going to suggest that it might be Classified by Era.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I haven't watched 10 Years Younger but when watching what not to wear, I always thought her makeup looked nice but wasn't always impressed with what she did with the guests for some odd reason.

I would pay $300 for a haircut from Nick though. Very Happy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
They have a What Not To Wear Forum via The Learning Channel.
http://community.discovery.com/eve/ubb.x/a/cfrm/f/7121920016
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Why not just use a illuminizer with your foundation? (the type without sparkles!) for instance, Revlon skinlights.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I think it is ERA!
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
scroll down to May 22 on the Delush makeup blog (can't link to it cause I'm a new member Very Happy ) The address is delush dot com

They did ask her about the spray foundation, and she says it is ERA.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
daniel7654 wrote:
Why not just use a illuminizer with your foundation? (the type without sparkles!) for instance, Revlon skinlights.

i tried that when it first came out.

i found it felt greasy and had too much fragrance for a face product.

of course they may have changed it since then...
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
A makeup artist used this as a finishing spray to my makeup before I did a show, it had a nice sheen, a little too shiny for my taste however.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are great!! ERA, huh? I've never heard of it. Where can I find it? Has anyone used it?

I tried pulling up a web site, but I couldn't find any stores on their locator. I'll keep looking though.

Thank you!!

Man, and I just spent a pretty penny with Bobbi Brown too! haha. Well, it has to run out at some point. Hahaha...I'm never completely satisfied when I read this forum and all the goodies...<sigh>

5% products discount

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
The ERA foundation can be found at Classified Cosmetics.com.
It's not cheap and the can is small.
Good luck!
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just got cable a couple of months ago,and discovered Ten Years Younger about a month ago or so. I watch it just about every day. Ilove it! I love watching the tranformations, especially the teeth part. OH! And the dermatology part!!! Tied for my favorite part. I love what they can do in dermatology, now. Especially the Thermage and the chemical peeels! And botox works wonders for some women (and men) on the show....
I vicariously experience my own makeover through watching the show!
Truthfully, I want on the show very badly. I want my teeeth fixed, Thermage, a peel, and hair makeover. As well , I want my brows done by that gorgeous man, with the magic touch for eyebrows, and I want lots of collagen in my lips (I have a VERY thin upper lip).
But, unfortunately, I live in Canada- and you have to live in Southern California to be on the show! Rolling Eyes I've even thought about moving there to improve my chances! Laughing
It would be cheaper for me to move there than it would be for me to get allcof that work done!
Does anyone else really want on the show?
I'd stand in the humiliation box any day- for all of that benefit!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
For Andrea38: Maybe a Canadian network has a similar make-over show. Try the Life Network. I used to get that network and like it a lot, but my cable company switched us to HGTV. Crying or Very sad I find it too house-oriented, but my husband loves it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Linnie! It's a long shot, but I'll
check it out. If Canada doesn't have a makeover show, we should have! Anyone out there ambitious and want your own Tv show??? Laughing
OK- now, do I have LIFE on my cable.... Yes I do! Question Life , don't let me down!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Andrea38-- I feel you. I want on the show too! Laughing I'd step in the box too, but it'd be weird since I am from Long Beach. I have noticed they have that box right next to the LB Aqarium. It'd be embarrassing if I met people I knew, but SOOOO worth the transformation. Cool

I'd want to get my hair done by the little pixie with the pink hair. If I can't have Nick Arroyo, then she is the next person I'd trust with my mane. Any length and color. That is saying a lot from me since my hair is almost to my waist now. I want a change too, but have no idea on where to start. Plus, I've always equated short hair with old people (please don't jump on me. I just think short hair ages ME).

<sigh> We may never get on such shows, but it is nice to daydream, right?

HOLY COW! $55 for a can of ERA?? Ok, now I have to start playing the lottery or use my kids college money. Oh pooh! and I was so looking forward to trying it. With my luck, I'd love it, but use it up in a week! <shakes fist> Blast you Carmindy and your pretty skin! Bah!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Deanne. If you live that close to where the show is taped, then , I recommend you bring up their website and apply to be on the show! You are so lucky to be living in Ten Years younger territory!!!!

Thanks for your sympathy. I really appreciate it as I do feel a pity party for myself when I can't be on the show and I'm watching all these other people on it.

So- bring up their website, you lucky duck-
and if you get on, tell them about me! Laughing
Seriously, though- you have just as good a chance as anyone, and you can get your long mane done - just don't let pixie cut it short, cause she will if you let her! She loves to take the "bulk" off!

I had really long hair like yours, but - long story, it ended up getting all cut off. Confused :
( I'm growing it out again- I've got it all one length again, now I just have to let it grow. Like you, I don't like short hair on myself. I find long hair makes me look alot prettier. I'm going to be in trouble when I get older, because my grey hairs tend to break off short! Shock I have a post on here about it.

So google Ten Years younger, and put your apllication in! Maybe we'll be seein' ya on the show! Pray Very Happy If I were you I'd be online every DAY, trying to get on. They'd get so sick of me- they'd accept me, just to SHUT ME UP.

Take care. And don't let anyone cut that long hair off! Like I did.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |