Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Super Emergen-C Repair Serum vs. Vivier Kine-C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat May 27, 2006 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been using samples of these two C serums recently and I thought I'd just share my experiences with them both. I started out using a sample of the Vivier Kine-C and really liked it. For those of you who have tried Vivier before, the Kine-C has a very similar texture and smell to the regular Vivier serums. I really love that not-water-but-not-too-oily texture so I was really pleased with this. I don't know if the addition of the kinetin (which is meant to be for firming the skin) did anything but I certainly like the serum and would buy this over the original Vivier serum that I used to get because that addition might just do something, you never know Smile Overall, I only used a sample of this but can see (by the sample bottle that I still have) that it's stable (no color changes). I also have another sample bottle that I have not yet started on and this is a extremely pale yellow colour.

In a nice coincidence, as I was running out of the Kine-C, my PSF order arrived and with it came a sample of their 20% C serum. I have been using that since (for over a week now in the mornings) and I *really* like this serum also! It is very similar to the Vivier serum in terms of texture. The serum is based on l-ascorbic acid (which of course we know is a good thing - the Vivier is also based on l-ascorbic) and is in a hyaluronic acid solution with a little bit of glycerin as well. In comparison to the Vivier, this serum leaves my skin feeling perhaps a little bit better hydrated for a while, but after 10 minutes my skin feels the same. I just did a "back of the hand" test to confirm this - I put a drop of the Kine-C on the back of my left hand and a drop of the PSF on the back of my right hand. If anyone is interested, the Kine-C seems to be more liquidy. As you put the drop on the skin you already see it flatten out and start spreading itself on the skin. The PSF remains more of a drop shape and you then massage it in. The Vivier is not watery though, it still has that more substantial feel and feels almost a little powdery on my skin for a few minutes after it's massaged in. The PSF, after it's massaged in, makes my skin feel somehow more moisturised (as I mentioned) and is not as smooth (lack of that powdery feeling I just mentioned). The difference is very very slight but noticeable on the back of my hand. The PSF serum doesn't have that fairly strong smell that Vivier has, so those that do not like this particular scent will be better off with the PSF for sure (I tend to like it Smile).

The bottom line is that I am not sure what the bottom line is Embarassed I was hoping to like one serum more than the other so that I know what to order next time, but it seems that I really like them both and they are similar. It really now comes down to deciding if it's more important to have a regular serum with a 20% concentration (PSF) rather than a 10% serum with kinetin (Kine-C).

Actually, I guess that means that the bottom line is that they are both very good and I am quite likely to buy both in the future Smile And one thing is for sure, I like both of these way better than my current full size C serum (the 20% by Emergin C).
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy for that wonderful review! I am in the midst of buying a new Vit C serum and was contemplating repurchasing the Vivier or going with PSF or even Cellular RX. I liked Vivier but wanted to try something new.

I think PSF will be in the order. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I am m very interested in PSF Super Emergen-C Repair Serum but not sure if it's too rich for my super oily skin in the summer.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
^^ I think it might be too rich. I use it, but it tends to make my combination skin a bit shiny...
Mabsy

Tue May 30, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
If you have very oily skin you might prefer a more watery serum like the Cellex-C or the Skinceutials for example. HTH
emmeline

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, I seem to recall from other threads that you're in Australia. Does EDS ship Vivier serums to Australia? The website says that Vivier serums need to be purchased instore.
Mabsy

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
They used to, but I think the Vivier distributors have cracked down on international purchases on this line Sad
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
I am m very interested in PSF Super Emergen-C Repair Serum but not sure if it's too rich for my super oily skin in the summer.

I just tried my sample size PSF C serum this am. Way too thick/rich for my oily skin. My skin felt 'tacky' all day. I really wanted to love it! Sad
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the PSF Emergen-C 20% with great success but my derm gave my a couple of the Vivier Kine-C and I'm loving that. I know that it has a lower percentage of vitamin c, but I get extra c in my AlphaDermaCE & in some of the antioxident serums in my rotation Rolling Eyes so I'm happy with it.
FYI, gals, my doctor's price is way higher than EDS. I felt guilty taking the samples because I wouldn't buy from the doc just to be nice! Oh well, he gets my $$$$ in procedures Laughing
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I love your detailed comparison on their texture. Very Happy

I tried PSF Super Emergen C 20% before but it's too heavy for my combo skin. But I guess it would be OK in winter months. Wink
Mabsy

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
CK - PSF at some stage changed the formula of their C serums and they have become lighter. I don't know if this applies to the 20% one but I know that this was the case with the 10% serum some time ago.

Also, I have to say that I have not been using a vit C serum for the last three weeks and have not been using my usual skincare routine and my face just doesn't look the same. After three days back now and using Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and also the Emegin C 20% serum (which I still don't like) things are starting to look up again Smile
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, I remember you mentioned different textures of the two samples you got from PSF. I got my full size around Feb-Mar, so I think it's after the change. I'd be pleased if it becomes even lighter. Razz
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |