Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Juice Beauty Green Apple Antioxidant Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat May 27, 2006 2:44 am      Reply with quote
On top of the Green Apple cleanser I just reviewed, I have been using, on and off, a few other JB GA items as well Smile One of these other items is the Green Apple Antioxidant Serum and I couldn't wait to try this out! Very Happy

First things first, this is a liquid-gel type serum with, again, a very nice natural fruity scent that I can't quite put my finger on. It's not a strong scent though and does not stick around for long. When I started using this I was actually using a different cleanser (not the JB Green Apple Cleansing Gel) and I was amazed at how sticky this was on my skin. At the same time, I did feel like it was somehow brightening or evening out my skin right after application so, even though I really didn't like how it felt, I decided to keep going and see what the results would be. Well, not long after that my forehead started breaking out. This is quite unusual for me - I rarely break out from any products. I persevered but things got worse so I stopped using it and my forehead is now betting better (thanks to Jan Marini bioglycolic bioclear I guess). Strangely, the breakouts were really just isolated to the top of my forehead, the rest of my skin was quite happy Rolling Eyes

What I just realised, however, is that when I use this after the Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleansing Gel my skin doesn't feel sticky at all! Well, maybe a little bit sticky for the first minute or so, but after that it's fine. Meanwhile, with other cleansers (which, admittedly, were lotions not gels) my face just remained sticky until I put some moisturiser lotion on. So.... I guess this could mean that the combination of cleansing lotion AND this serum was too much for my forehead to take, but it may well be that with a gel cleanser my skin may quite like this? I'm going to start using this again tonight, with a gel cleanser, and see if I get breakout problems again. I hope not because I do like this serum - my skin looks healthy using this and I also got the impression that a scab that I had (when I tried to extract something that ended up being something that clearly wasn't ready to be extracted Embarassed) fell off quicker with the use of this serum.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum (50 ml / 2 oz)
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum (50 ml / 2 oz)

Resist gravity with this powerful serum. With a potent blend of certified organic apple, lemon juices and raw cane sugar blended with age-defying peptides, DMAE, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, and vitamin antioxidants to rejuvenate, help smooth fine lines and help firm for radiant, ageless skin

Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review ... this was one product I was interested in as well. I did just get the JB regular Antioxident which I started using last night ... so far so good, but I'll have to wait and see how it does long term. I probably would have purchased the Green Apple over the regular antioxident, but EDS doesn't carry it I don't think.

I didn't notice any stickiness with the regular antioxident ... I used it after the Green Apple Cleanser this AM and last night after my Dermalogica Special Cleasing Gel. Maybe you're right about the Gel cleanser thing working better with the serum.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. This is one of the products that I am interested in.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
i tried this serum a few days ago and had an allergic reaction - lots of white tiny bumps all over my face and under my eyes. Before i used it my skin was all good but now ..."cries" Crying or Very sad
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
you know.... i really wanted to like this serum. Especially since it is cheaper than ISC. I tried a sample, however I did not see any imrovement at all. It is also kinda sticky and stay sticky on my skin. Not sure if I like the stickiness.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try this serum, but I can't decide between this, the plain antioxidant serum, OR the redness reducing serum!!! (Too many choices...) I'm pale and prone to redness so I think the redness serum might be the best for me, but I guess I'll just wait and see what others are saying about the three serums...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to decide between the JB antioxidant and the Caudalie antioxidant. Hopefully, there will be more reviews for the two of them.
Mabsy

Sat May 27, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu - I'm tempted to try the Caudalie as well. The stickiness of the JB really does annoy me and I don't think I should have to change cleansers to make this work. Anyway, I'll continue on with it because I still have probably 5ml of it left and I'm curious to see the results, but I would not buy this unless it was on a really good special Smile
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy! I don't like products that are sticky either.
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Confused I also had very high hopes for this to be my next BIG THING! I've changed my mind since I break out sooo easily. Thanks to everyone for your honest reviews. Very much appreciated!
Mabsy

Sun May 28, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Allrighty then.... I am having trouble figuring out if this is related but as I restart the JB serum experiment, two days later I'm getting a nasty, deep, cystic pimle on my chin! Not happy!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, that explains my breakouts. Just started using it and breaking out in tiny little bumps. I'll stop it and see what happens.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
If many people are having problems with this serum then I probably won't get it. I think I'll just wait a little longer and see...
Mabsy

Tue May 30, 2006 1:21 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Okay, that explains my breakouts. Just started using it and breaking out in tiny little bumps. I'll stop it and see what happens.

Yep - I'm done with this. I'm now using it up on my neck Smile I'm pretty sure my skin isn't tolerating this...

AnnieR - please update us and let us know if the bumps clear up after stopping this.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Overall, my skin has responed positively to this serum. I have noticed a significant reduction in the lines across my forehead, and the very slight development of 11's between my eyes have disappeared. My skin tone has also brightened and looks quite even - so much so that I received a compliment recently that my complextion is looking really nice (that is a first for me!). On the down side, I have experienced the occasional break-out (which is very unusual for me). However, in both instances, the break-out's occurred during a PMS phase of the month (are hormonal changes and the serum conflicting?). My T-zone was also the target both times. Having just finished my first bottle (which lasted 5 weeks, using twice daily), I am pondering whether or not to buy another. My main concern is not the odd break-out, it is the sticky residue that lingers on my skin that refuses to disappear completely unless I apply a layer of light moisturizer on top.

I emphasize "light" moisturizer, as anything heavier results in a tacky layer that does not absorb properly. Had I not received such noticable results with the diminished fine lines and brightened complextion, I would have discontinued using this serum a month ago.

I also purchased the regular Antioxidant Serum to compare it against the Green Apple version. By and far, the Green Apple Antioxidant is superior in my opinion. If I thought I had sticky issues with the Green Apple serum, this was compounded when I used the regular Antioxidant. I also did not like the texture of the regular serum and disliked the packaging (especially the dropper).

At this point, I might wait a week or so and see what happens with my skin before I decide on another bottle.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I had been using the regular antioxidant serum for a few weeks, but I've moved onto other things. It was ok, but I don't think I noticed anything really different from using it and it might have contributed to some breakouts. I think I might finish using it up on my chest/neck and hands instead.

I still really like the Green Apple Peel though!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use it on my neck and chest, no big changes there either. Would not reorder it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I like green apple peel better!!
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
It's an OK serum. It does have the sticky feeling after application. After using it for a month and seeing no outstanding results, I started applying it on my neck and chest and the result was better than on face.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
i absolutely hated this serum cos it was so sticky and made my skin itchy and oily and like others, it broke me out quite badly!
i still have the scars Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
on the plus side it did smell nice and appley...but i would prefer it to be fragrance free cos the appley smell just reminds me of how sticky this is

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
i absolutely hated this serum cos it was so sticky and made my skin itchy and oily and like others, it broke me out quite badly!
on the plus side it did smell nice and appley...but i would prefer it to be fragrance free cos the appley smell just reminds me of how sticky this is

Thanks for your opinion.Because my oily skin,I hated the sticky serum.It brings serious acne to me occasionally.
pigpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

Thanks your description or I will get it already. I hate sticky serum too.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the JB Green Apple Antioxidant serum over Cellex C every morning for about 2 months and really love it.
I feel it has a added a glow I didn't have before, and gives my skin a nice translucency. I also like that it's neutral...not oily, sticky or drying. Very Happy
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I will press order soon.
I like blemish clearing serum but after I finish it , I will try antioxidant.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I have bought the Juice Beauty Organics To Go (kit) but haven't tried this product. I have heard many sisters say it is wonderful. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |