Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fortune Teller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I went to a fair and there was a fortune teller, 2 sisters, and my friend said lets go get our palms read. I was told that my love life has a dark aura. So I would never find "the one". She said that I needed to purify myself in order to overcome this. I'm thinking everyone has problems with finding "the one", so would these people need to be cured? Then I'm thinking how much this cured would be. So it was a downer because all girls want to think they'll find someone special. But I shouldn't let this overshadow my life. Confused

Because it's scary how some of the things they tell you (without you telling them) is true. She said you were close to marriage but it didn't happen. Shock I was like oh my gosh, she's right.

Anyways, does anyone believe in these fortune tellers?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I think there ARE a few people who actually do have some ability, but I also think far more just "read" into your expression, hints you give off, or just get lucky with what they say.

Years ago I went through a phase where I went to a few psychics. One was supposed to be quite good ... infact, she apparently had worked with the local police (or so I heard). I was dating someone from another country at the time and I REALLY believed we were meant to be. And the first time I went to see her, it was like she told me everything I wanted to hear ... he was going to move up here, blah blah blah. I was so excited! I felt like I had confirmation that all my dreams were going to come true. But then, the second time I went to see her (I think it was maybe a year later) suddenly the story had changed and things weren't looking so bright. And of course, the relationship soured later on (no doing of hers, it just wasn't meant to be).

I was so confused how one time she said everything I'd wanted to hear and the next, it was like things had changed. And I think that maybe she was just really good at "reading" my facial expressions, or she'd say something and then kinda say "is that right?" and then I would give her more information to go on.

However, apparently this same psychic did correctly guess that a workmates wife was pregnant before they had even announced it to anyone else. So I think there may be times they can really "tell" things, but alot of times they aren't maybe so accurate.

I wouldn't worry about what she said to you. If people believed everything a psychic said then maybe that would prevent things from actually happening in their lives. Like if she tells you you'll never find "the one" ... then each time you meet someone you'll be thinking that in the back of your head and it will become this self-fulfilling prophecy.

She may have seemed "close" with some of the things she said ... but maybe for alot of people they would have been close. Sometimes we hear generic statements and suddenly think of how close they are describing us, but really ... anyone could take that same comment and find something in it that felt real to them.

Instead of believing in the things she said ... believe in yourself and build the future you want not what someone tells you your future will be.

Anyway, I've lost interest in psychics after my experiences and I figure I'll just live my life and whatever happens happens you know. That way it will all be a surprise. Very Happy
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moonstarr,

Thank you so much for your response. I've been constantly thinking about what she said today.
I know that I'm the one that is in control of my life. So I guess I need to get what she said out of my head. Even if I never meet the one, than it wasn't meant to be. It just stinks though. At least you understand what I'm talking about. Thank you, you made me feel a little better. Smile
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm a psychic, and I'm foretelling that you have a beautiful love coming your way! A tall dark and handsome man who will love you forever! I'm serious, I'm a psychic... really... can you believe me now instead of the one putting doom in your mind? Shame on her.

You know, I was told by a psychic that I would marry twice because my first husband would cheat on me and I CAN'T get that out of my head! UGH!!! SO I feel your pain

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Why would a gifted psychic be working at a fare? Bad Grin While I believe their are some gifted people (psychics)out there, I also believe they are few and far between.

Try to put what she said behind you and enjoy life. If you want to meet someone I am sure you will.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
psychics that work at a fair or on streets with lots of traffic with signs up (like 'get your fortune told here -- only $10) often draw you in, tell you good things, BUT... there's always that BUT. they want you to come back to them, over and over, to draw that negativity out of you (that stumbling block to your perfect true love) and money over to them.

don't mean to be cynical, but (Very Happy) i've had it happen to me many years ago and, i'm ashamed to admit, i fell for it -- hook, line, and sinker. and many, many, (too many) dollars later, i realised what a sucker i was.... there are some amazing psychics out there and i don't mean to demean their talent. but those aren't the ones you'll find at fairs or plying their wares for $10 a read.

don't fall for it! if you're feeling blue, just send your 'dark aura' back from whence it came.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone. You've made me get out of my rut. It's because a year ago my friend took me to this one hole in the wall but this guy (who did tarot cards) just said it like it is and didn't say oh you need to be purify. He just said things will be okay but that you have to work at making a relationship work. That applies to everyone of course. So this palm reading was my 2nd try.

Also in my asian culture, hitting 31 years old and not getting married and having kids, it's like put me out in the pasteur and shoot the old cow. I always have to tell the nosey relatives/friends, I'm not in the old country. Over here it's different. Or do you want me to just go get married and than a divorce, that's easy. But they don't know that I'm just shy when it comes to meeting guys. I had a guy expressed his interest in me but I ran. Got out of a 6 year relationship (cuz he wasn't ready), so just scared now. So it's my own fault. So I won't let this get in my head. I just have to change and be more optimistic.

But Thank you, Thank you, again. I'm so happy that I found this forum. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
This is exactly the reason I don't go to psychics, anymore. My sister had a negative experience with a psychic and it really bothered her for a long time.

Sometimes, actually most times, psychics are so good at being vague but making you think they know everything about you. It's like when you read your horoscope. You can read into it whatever you want to and make it "fit" to whatever is going on in your life. Although I also believe there are some gifted psychics out there, but like Winnie said, not at the fair.

I believe we create our own destiny, and we bring our own good fortune or bad fortune upon ourselves by the things we do and the lives we lead. I believe more in karma. My life is really good and I believe, truly, that it's because of my attitude and how open I am to the universe and all it has to offer. Don't believe this lady. Believe in you. You have more control than you realize. It's all inside. Very Happy
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a little skeptic but a friend of mine is really into that sort of stuff. What's interesting is whenever we would go out to a fair or street show and we would walk past these booths, the psychics would always approach her and drum up a conversation. Maybe I give them "the look" so they don't want to talk Rolling Eyes

I do, however, think a lot of these people are good observers and watch for any sort of body language when they say something to see what you react to.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
ive been to some fortune teller, and actually few things of what they said actually happened, but i dont think they are gifted, i think it is just a lucky guess.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not going to do these palm reading or tarot cards anymore. It may be true or not but your right, it can mess w/ people's mind. But there are so many people that rely on the tellers to lead their life. I'm glad to see that some people here have experience this too, so I could get some inputs.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
"She said that I needed to purify myself in order to overcome this."
That's a well-known scam to draw you in and take every cent you have. Ask any vice cop.

My sister will often "read" palms for charity events. She's not psychic at all...just good at reading people and a good actress (she's really a second grade teacher)

On a whim, I once had my palm read by a so-called psychic. I said nothing and kept my face and body placid. So was soooo off it was hard not to laugh.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I find them entertaining but I wouldn't take them seriously.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |