Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Karin Herzog Mild Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Someone asked for a review (thoughtcrime?) so here goes....
The scrub comes in a tube that squeezes out with the consistency of a lightweight toothpaste. The scrub is fabulous. It does contain little tiny beads that do not dissolve while using (like the Microfoliant). I used it yesterday, after being reminded that I haven't used it in ages, and the coarseness surprised me. I wasn't used to it, after using the Microfoliant for so long. The scrub is advertised as having "perfectly round beads" so it doesn't scratch or irritate the skin. I find that to be true. I have slightly oily skin and it doesn't strip the skin either. This is more of a medium-duty scrub - I use it when my skin needs a better exfoliant than the Micro. The Mild Scrub AND the Microfoliant BOTH are favs of mine. For me, I need to use the Micro just about every day; the Mild Scrub is a once a week kind of scrub. My skin still feels soft and flake free the next day.

BTW, the Herzog Milky Cleanser is wonderful also, as is the Vita-Kombi oxygen creme which can be used in addition to almost any regime. Their regular cleanser (I forget the name. Comes in a tube) is odd but works well. It looks and feels like axle grease! Just warning you all cuz it is an acquired taste. It deep cleans and didn't leave a film on my oily skin which is pretty amazing considering you really think you're putting solid, clear, grease on your skin. Oh, and none of the Herzog products are minty! Alexis
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Alexis, it was me who wanted to read the mild scrub review. I heard the milk cleanser was better than the cream cleanser, at least according to MMU and goinside reviews. I would like to try the mild scrub, especially after your review and others that just rave about it. What do you think about the vitakombi, is there a bleaching or lightening effect? I am interested in trying the O2, products but don't want a lightening effect. I am also hesitant because I don't know if my sensitive skin can handle it. Wink
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - The Mild Scrub IS really nice. When I switched to the Microfoliant, I remember not getting that "scrub" feeling and being disappointed. Then I got used to it, and love it for different reasons. The MS is definitely a scrub so take it easy the first few times. The granules are "perfectly" round so it really doesn't scratch and it does a wonderful job of sluffing off that dead skin.

Email me and I'll send you a bit of the VitaKombi 1. I use the #2 now and you don't need to stay with it (#1) very long before moving up to #2. I feel like I'm talking about bowel movements! ROFL

The VK does not lighten the skin BUT it will bleach any hair that it touches OVER TIME. It's not supposed to be a skin lightener and I haven't seen any on my skin. However, I get sloppy sometimes and it gets on my eyebrows and they started turning lighter, so be careful.

Here's the best kept secret for greasy eyelids - the Herzog eyecream. My lids used to be soooo oily and I was told to put it on my lids in addition to under the eye. The excess oil stopped after a few months! I know you all have your VERY expensive eye creams and I'm not saying this one is better, but it seems to balance the skin really well.

So send me an email and I'll send you a bit to try if you're interested. I hate to see people spend money first! Alexis
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:44 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

Email me and I'll send you a bit of the VitaKombi 1. I use the #2 now and you don't need to stay with it (#1) very long before moving up to #2. I feel like I'm talking about bowel movements! ROFL

LOL! Alexis, you are too kind and generous to offer to send me some of the vitakombi! But to be honest I'm not exactly sure what it is and what it is used for besides oxygenating the skin. Is it a cream or serum? I think I need to do more research first, because I have very sensitive reactive skin. Re: expensive eyecreams, I actually use a moderately priced one Orlane Oligo cooling balm, I love that I'm spending less than $50 and it still rocks! There is a good link that Zazu sent a while back. I think you will find it interesting as it reviews Karin Herzog products. Here is the link www.goinside.com/98/12/herzog.html
If it doesn't work, you can do a search typing Karin Herzog and goinside. The magazine is actually excellent, great articles on veganism-- thanks once again Zazu! and thank-you Alexis, I am touched by your generosity! Wink
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if you're ever ready to try it, just let me know. The VitaKombi is a lightweight creme. I haven't gone to your link yet but I think that by oxygenating the skin it balances the skin - neither too dry or too oily. All skin types can use it. I have fairly oily skin and it balances the oil output very nicely. I've been dehydrated lately and pulled out the ole VitaKombi and within 2 days it rehydrated my skin. Of course, I could be making all this stuff up about "balancing", but I know that it works. Alexis
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis, thanks your wonderful Wink
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Someone asked for a review (thoughtcrime?) so here goes....
The scrub comes in a tube that squeezes out with the consistency of a lightweight toothpaste. The scrub is fabulous. It does contain little tiny beads that do not dissolve while using (like the Microfoliant). I used it yesterday, after being reminded that I haven't used it in ages, and the coarseness surprised me. I wasn't used to it, after using the Microfoliant for so long. The scrub is advertised as having "perfectly round beads" so it doesn't scratch or irritate the skin. I find that to be true. I have slightly oily skin and it doesn't strip the skin either. This is more of a medium-duty scrub - I use it when my skin needs a better exfoliant than the Micro. The Mild Scrub AND the Microfoliant BOTH are favs of mine. For me, I need to use the Micro just about every day; the Mild Scrub is a once a week kind of scrub. My skin still feels soft and flake free the next day.

BTW, the Herzog Milky Cleanser is wonderful also, as is the Vita-Kombi oxygen creme which can be used in addition to almost any regime. Their regular cleanser (I forget the name. Comes in a tube) is odd but works well. It looks and feels like axle grease! Just warning you all cuz it is an acquired taste. It deep cleans and didn't leave a film on my oily skin which is pretty amazing considering you really think you're putting solid, clear, grease on your skin. Oh, and none of the Herzog products are minty! Alexis

Hi! I just posted this question on another thread when I guess it should have gone on here. Stupid me! Anyway, I'm just wondering if you're supposed to apply the Mild Scrub on dry or wet skin? And how much you're supposed to use? I'm just using the amount the fills the spatula and applying it on dry skin (which didn't spread out well at all) then wet my fingers and gently scrubbed. Am I using it right?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
is there a etore where you can purchase Karin Herzog?
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I have so many exfolianting product at home waiting to be used. I will get the mild scrub next after I tried the other KH product. I am hoping the mask to be really effective.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I used KH mask and chocolate cream once.
The Karin Herzog was wonderful, it really could change my face color to be looked very healthy.
But for the chocolate cream, I could not feel any good point.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is my favourite scrub ever! It feels amazing and the scrub is just enough without it being too harsh.

I apply it to damp / moist skin not wet / dripping skin. This would be straight after the KH Cleansing Milk, I would lightly dab my face with the soft cloth to absorb excess water.

I would spread a pea size of Mild Scrub on my fingers and apply it to my face.

I'll gently scrub my face for about 30seconds and then rinse it off with warm water.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree that KH is a wonderful skin care line. You may, at some point, want to add the KH Essential Mask. It is wonderful for the skin. A real treat in addition to the scrub and the many other KH products.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |