Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
What is your MOST favorite pair of jeans?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Admit it, you must have more than a dozen pairs of jeans and you still keep buying more or looking for the perfect one.

I haven't found my perfect pair of jeans yet and I'm still looking for one Laughing

My favorite one right now actually already a few years old: Miss Sixty dark washed boot-cut jeans size 27 that I can wear with or without a belt.

The other favorite ones are from Blue Cult and 7 For All Mankind.

My dream pair of jeans at the moment is the Costello skinny jean from Rock & Republic. Have they ever been on sale?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes my Miss Sixty's never let me down Wink I think the ones I have are a 27 too....needless to say I can only wear them when on a flat stomach diet!! Laughing
For every day jeans I have actually been really impressed with Asda Walmart, I love stretchy jeans and have had some wonderful seguined/embroidered jeans from there and I always get asked where my jeans are from........of course I never let on they are from Asda Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
When it comes to jeans I'm picky-picky-picky. Picky like you wouldn't believe!! My jeans HAVE to be: dark with NO fading, distressing, whiskering, no nothing, slim fit with boot but or slight flar legs, low rise, and stretch. Apparently, this is a lot to ask, because this combination is darn near impossible to find. Sometimes Paris Blues makes an appropriate pair, the Express Editor Jeans used to be just right, but they stopped selling them...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
HUDSON SUPERMODEL JEANS! They fit so perfect and are actually long enough for me! Man I love those jeans. And whatever jeans Michelle Rodriquez was wearing on lost, man those were some jeans, I've looked to see what they were and never able to find them, I so want a pair of those!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I found a pair of random jeans when I was at a marketplace in China. They were the most comfortable fit EVER. Because of my small waistline, it's impossible to find sizes that fit well in European stores.

Later I checked the brand, it was called SMOOCH Couture, I'm not sure if this is even a big brand or not.

I'm also really into Asian brands like Only. Found the perfect pair of boot cuts that were long and small waisted.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
At present I will say the Gap Long and Lean. Second, Levi's Type 1 Iconic straight cut.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
James Jeans 5 Pocket Bootcuts - do great things for your bum!

I also like Gap's Long & Leans.

Prefer indigo dye, but also like grey-blue.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Buffalo Low Rise with a slight flared bottom.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Victoria's Secret. I loved the A cut but they discontinued it, now I'm into the boyfriend boot cut and hipster styles Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
levis and 7 jeans for me!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like Citizen of Humanity and 7's too.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
babyfish wrote:
Admit it, you must have more than a dozen pairs of jeans and you still keep buying more or looking for the perfect one.

I haven't found my perfect pair of jeans yet and I'm still looking for one Laughing

My favorite one right now actually already a few years old: Miss Sixty dark washed boot-cut jeans size 27 that I can wear with or without a belt.

The other favorite ones are from Blue Cult and 7 For All Mankind.

My dream pair of jeans at the moment is the Costello skinny jean from Rock & Republic. Have they ever been on sale?

Great Rolling Eyes - another thing for me to obsess about! Haven't even heard of some of these brands. Crying or Very sad

My all time favorite pair are VS London jean, boycut, stone washed, button fly, low rise. Even with the stretch jeans, which I like (when I have to dress neatly, lol) , I REALLY dislike any pant that fits, lol. These fit great, NO binding, go with everything.

Which also now reminds me, I have to get more. I've dropped about 15 lbs and can take all my pants off without unbuttoning them now, lol. So - makes all my pants a bit too baggy, even for me!

Oh - and since we are on the subject of pants/jeans. I can't be the only one who has to deal with this. I'm 5' 06" 140 lbs, but apparently I'm too short. Every pant I buy has to be altered. Apparently I have a size 6 waist, a 8 butt and a 6 inseam. Why can't they cut pants like guys? Waist/length boom, done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Calvin Klein low waist boot cut a little bit of stretch - worn them ALL the time since I got them last spring in New York. Think they are a size 27. I LOVE THESE JEANS and I wish I'd bought more!!!! I hate trying on trousers...just a royal pain in the behind...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Why can't they cut pants like guys? Waist/length boom, done.

that's why i ONLY buy guy's jeans Laughing
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Add another Gap Long and Lean fan. It's the only jean I can find that fits low on my hips with a slight flare but is also full enough to fit my tush and thighs. I wash them with my whites in bleach every now and then to keep them soft and to enhance the fading. The hems are starting to fray and I love them even more!

Food for thought and wonder if anyone else has also noticed this:

I was all the rave for jeans with a slight stretch but I notice that they seem to shrink over time. I can tell they're shrinking (and not the result of too much chocolate Laughing ) because they get slightly shorter over time. It helps if I don't put them in the dryer, but then they're awfully stiff and I need to iron them on high heat to make them bearable to wear. Any similar experiences and suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I love Gap's Long and Lean as well.

My problem is - I'm a shorty, so I usually have to get ankle length - but then after a few times of washing them they get too short and I have to wear flats with them. But the regulars are too long.... Mad I need an in-between length....

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Rock & Republic and my True Religion Joey jeans. They fit my short frame the best. Currently lemming Tag jeans.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Someone mentioned drying jeans. I don't use the dryer on any of my jeans, ever. I did that once and it shortened about 2cm or a little more than a half inch. I wash them in cold water with liquid fabric softener and then let them hang to dry. If you remove them when the wash finishes and shake them a few times they should look okay. They sell a fabric softener here (and probably in America as well) that is made for "less wrinkles" or sometimes it says "easy iron". Either one works better than regular fabric softener and it does help a bit with wrinkles.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
Someone mentioned drying jeans. I don't use the dryer on any of my jeans, ever. I did that once and it shortened about 2cm or a little more than a half inch. I wash them in cold water with liquid fabric softener and then let them hang to dry. If you remove them when the wash finishes and shake them a few times they should look okay. They sell a fabric softener here (and probably in America as well) that is made for "less wrinkles" or sometimes it says "easy iron". Either one works better than regular fabric softener and it does help a bit with wrinkles.

Anna - Thanks for the info. Hope we have it in the States. Will definitely give this a try!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
True Religion!!! Love love love this jean !!
I wish Canada would sell them cheaper .. it's like $300-400 here while in US is only $100-200 Sad
yazk
5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Citizen of Humanity .
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
christine wrote:
True Religion!!! Love love love this jean !!
I wish Canada would sell them cheaper .. it's like $300-400 here while in US is only $100-200 Sad

Never heard of these - but just went to their web site. The whole time all I'm thinking is 'someone needs to feed that woman (the model) a pot roast!'.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I practically live in a pair of GAP ultra low rise 2 longs. They are the only jeans that are long enough for me, and they are so soft now since I wear and wash them so often. I busted out one of the knees but I figure that's just better ventilation for summer.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

Not with my heinie!! Never fit. I buy my uniform pants in mens sizes and have to go 2 waists up to fit comfortably through the hip area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

Not with my heinie!! Never fit. I buy my uniform pants in mens sizes and have to go 2 waists up to fit comfortably through the hip area.

i'm jealous! i admit to being a naturally a--less human being (it *all* goes to my top) unless i've been working out really hard. when i have a behind, it's all muscle! for those times, though, i'll get GAP Men's Relaxed Fit. gives some extra room in the hips and heinie.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |