Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Supplements everyone takes & their benefits??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I was just wondering what supplements everyone is taking and their benefits?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Zinc= acne & lessen redness

Fish & Omega 3= not sure, but supposedly good for skin?

5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Emilee_ann_143 wrote:

i didn't know zinc was supposed to be good for redness, have you noticed a difference? cuz that's something i would definitely be willing to try
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
1. Flaxseed oil (the liquid kind)

2. Omega 3

3. Zinc- also for acne

4. Hair, Skin, and Nails Supplement (i dunno..i got it at the health store..it's quite popular)

It's all helping Smile Plus lots of water, green tea..and fresh fruit.
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
i started taking hydraplenish to plump up my lips and biocell. and it works and has gotten rid of my dry feet!!!!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was just thinking about this today. I need a multi vitamin without iron or iodine, both are supposed to be bad for acne.

Does anyone know of one without iron or iodine for women that is available in western Canada?
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't know iron and iodine are bad for acne. I have a whole new bottle of supplement that contains iodine. Sad Brick wall
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I take:
L-glutathione
Alpha lipoic acid
Vitamin C

Grape seed Smile

Reishi Gano capsules (Mushroom!)

(I'm a bit of a junkie Sad)

5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
For those of you taking liquid flaxseed oil, how do you use it? Do you mix it with something, if so, what? I tried a spoon of it straight one time, it was really nasty! I take the capsules, but I'm not sure if that is as beneficial as the liquid.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
i have tried zinc supplement as well, i am not sure what effect it did on my skin though.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
I didn't know iron and iodine are bad for acne. I have a whole new bottle of supplement that contains iodine. Sad Brick wall

I never heard that iron was bad for acne. I don't take it though so I guess it doesn't matter one way or the other. I have heard that iodine is bad for acne and at one time was convinced that it made my acne worse but I have since realized that for me it makes no difference.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:

I use kosher salt in my cooking, it has no iodine. Even though I know too much iodine isn't good, I didn't even think about it when I picked up a multi vitamin recently.

I'm going to go scan study the multis today to see if there are any without iodine.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
tidieu wrote:

I never heard that iron was bad for acne. I don't take it though so I guess it doesn't matter one way or the other. I have heard that iodine is bad for acne and at one time was convinced that it made my acne worse but I have since realized that for me it makes no difference.

I think I read it at the MUA skin care board but now I can't find the reference, maybe it's not. Sorry, I would hate to spread bad info, especially if an iron supplement isn't a problem for acne prone skin, it's important to have enough. Confused

I'll try to see if I can find the reference, maybe it was at acne.org.

updating my post:

So, with the few minutes I have here to look this morning, no where have I found that iron supplements are bad for acne, too much is not good at all for our hearts, etc, but there is no relation to acne that I can find. I'm so sorry if this has scared or confused anyone, for some reason I was sure I read it somewhere. And not just second hand but I thought I had read it in a paper or something.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
I take:
L-glutathione
Alpha lipoic acid
Vitamin C

Grape seed Smile

Reishi Gano capsules (Mushroom!)

(I'm a bit of a junkie Sad)

I am a bigger junkie then Laughing

fish oil
q10
vit c
msm
ala
HA
borage oil

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I take:
EPA (for circulation),
DHA (for brain),
Vit E, Vit C, Calcium,
Bilberry (for eyes),
Green tea extract, Folic and
a product called " liver clear " which contains Yeast, Aloe Vera, and Pollen extracts (they supposed to help brighten your skin tone, fade dark spots and keep your liver clean)

For the benefits overall, of course Healthy!!! Laughing Laughing I simply take them because my parents told me and also I can get some of the supplements for free Very Happy Very Happy
mildlyobsessive
5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
what's EPA? do vitamin stores carry it?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I take Prenatal Vitamins as my multi
Flaxseed Oil for hair
Biotin for hair
Vitamin C crystals for anti-oxident benefits and skin tightening-I use copper peptides as a topical
MSM
DHA
Hyaluronic Acid

On Copper and Vitamin C to tighten skin:
Adequate levels of both copper 2 and vitamin C are essential for wound contraction. You cannot get skin tightening without high levels of both copper 2 and vitamin C/ascorbic acid in your skin. Copper 2 is best supplied from SRCPs applied to the skin surface. Vitamin C levels in the skin are easily by increased by taking at least one gram daily as a supplement
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
mildlyobsessive wrote:
what's EPA? do vitamin stores carry it?

EPA is eicosapentaenoic acid, a kind of omega-3. According to the one I'm taking, the box says it's for "cirulation, emotional balance, and articulations"

I'm not sure if the vitamin stores carry it or not but I'm sure they have fish oil.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
multi, vitamin c, inositol and soon will be taking fish oil too
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Detox pills - trying to cleanse my body
Zinc - for the acne

Trying to find a good Omega3 supplement to take too. Any recommendations?
agnjideva

Wed May 31, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Currently taking:
greens + multi+ (find it easier to absorb then multivitamin pills)
shizandra berry tincture - for liver and gall bladder support, detox and hence for better skin
goji juice or goji berries - antioxidant supplement and immune stimulant
sambu guard (elderberry extract) - another support for immune system
plus Bach flower remedies

My current supplements are mostly for liver and immune support, since I feel this is what I really need at this time .I do find my skin feels less congested and I do not get as many breakouts, but I have been taking some of the above, shizandra berry and greens + for at least 6 months. And I think Orlane helps with it, too.

Mainly they taste good (shizandra is a bit of acquired taste though), they do not make me worse (some homeopathic supplements can) and I feel like I am doing something good for my my skin and my soul.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
serenity wrote:
For those of you taking liquid flaxseed oil, how do you use it? Do you mix it with something, if so, what? I tried a spoon of it straight one time, it was really nasty! I take the capsules, but I'm not sure if that is as beneficial as the liquid.

Serenity, the brand of flaxseed oil that you take makes a huge difference on the taste. I use Spectrum Essentials Flax Oil Organic Ultra Lignans. It is the best tasting one that I have tried and I have tried some that are not edible even if added to something. When I went to place an order recently I noticed that they now offer this brand in a cinnamon flavor, but I passed on it as it only comes in the smaller bottle and I was ordering 2 16 oz bottles trying to be cost conscious.

I had posted a link to wholehealthmd.com that went directly to skin health in a previous post that references several vitamins/minerals/herbs that are good for the skin. I just love that site! They also have a breakdown of recommendations for acne, etc. I have done a lot of research on supplements and this site has the most in depth information that I have seen anywhere. It goes into what to look for when purchasing a supplement so regardless if you are new to using supplements or a pro you can find the info that you need right down to precautions, any negative interactions with other items, etc.

Check it out!
Deanna.
sundae
5% products discount

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I take:

reishi capsules
ester-C (vit-C)
fish oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Emilee_ann_143 wrote:

Fish & Omega 3= not sure, but supposedly good for skin?

Fish oil or omega-3 concentrate are extremely good for skin moisture. The difference is visible at doses over 3g/day.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy,

Thanks for the info on WholeHealthMD, it really is awesome. Love the Healing Kitchen section!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)