Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mature/normal to dry/ combo skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, not sure what skin I am in. I am uhh - mature 43, normal skin that can get dry if I don't moisturize or if I use to many drying ingredients to gid rid of blemishes. My concern it seems is that there is always a blemish somewhere. My routine is simple:

Wash - phisoderm(for now)
Sampling - PSF 02 serum - like
Vit C. serum - day
Moisturize
Sunscreen
I received some PSF samples and like the pumpkin and o2. Couple of days after using the whiteheads seemed to surface, which is OK if they are getting them out and they will go away. Is there always a purging process if the product is working? I guess my other question might be what is gentle enough to get the blemishes out and kept at bay that would be good to add, that isn't too drying. I do have broken caps on cheeks. Some skincare peeps have said due to harsh of products?? Really looking at the Juice Beauty stuff.

THanks
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Try the Juice Beauty Blemish serum. It's very gentle and doesn't feel like acne medication.
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thanks Yen. I have totally been thinking about trying some of their products. I think I would like to try the Green apple peel and cleanser as well. Like I said my skin can become dry, but you think it is pretty gentle.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Unless your skin is fairly oily, I might recommend skipping the Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleanser (tho it does smell and feel just delicious!). However, if you want something non-drying for the acne, I think the blemish serum would really help. It's so mild that I actually reapply it to break outs all throughout the day, and I never experience dryness. And of course, I think you would LOVE the green apple peel--- wonderful stuff!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Green Apple Peel! Smile I am tempted to do it everyday! Smile

I recommend the Green Tea cleanser Smile smells ok but definitely not drying. The peach is drying due to SLS is them. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Green Tea Cleanser for the past couple of weeks & really like it. Not drying at all.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have it and used it 2x Smile but I am still finishing up soo many cleansers! Smile Like the Skinceuticals Gentle cleanser that EDS gave as a free gift... I also have some A'kin and Dessert Essnce cleansers, big ones too! Smile I love cleansers! Smile
But IMO, the PSF is the gentlest, no tight feeling at all. No strong aromatic smell. (Dessert Essence has some castile smell in it!But I loveit nonetheless!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
Oh, thanks Yen. I have totally been thinking about trying some of their products. I think I would like to try the Green apple peel and cleanser as well. Like I said my skin can become dry, but you think it is pretty gentle.

I'm currently using the Green Apple Peel, Cleansing Gel (not the Green Apple one) and the Blemish serum. The Cleansing gel is also very gentle and doesn't dry out my skin at all. The peel tends to make me a bit pink so I recommend you doing that in the evening. You will love them. Very Happy
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kittyd

I am also 43 and used to have skin like yours - ie it's dry and somewhat dehydrated, but if I applied too much moisturizer, a couple of spots would inevitably appear. It was always a spot here or there. This went on till I used MD Formulations Cleanser for Normal Skin. It has helped tremendously in preventing congestion. In the past, I also had tiny bumps at the sides of my face, which cleared drastically after I used MDF. These days, spots appear only once in a long while, and I am able to moisturize more to address the dryness aspect.

However, if you wear makeup, like me, I suggest you use a makeup remover first to ensure all traces of make up and grime get removed.

Do ask for a sample or in fact, I suggest you get one of their kits. It's great.

CHeers
Jenny
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Choices! Ahh, I have such a hard time. Love the thought of the JB smelling so good and have read so many good responses. I think I tried MD a long time ago and had good results as well. I do have the congestion thing going on. Little bumps that never do anything, not real noticable by other but you can see them. What kits do they have?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
What kits do they have?

As in Juice Beauty Kits? EDS doesn't carry any Juice Beauty kits. If you were try to anything from Juice Beauty, definitely pick up the Green Apple Peel.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kittyd
There are 2 types of MDF kits that you can consider: one for sensitive skin and the other for normal skin.

I too had little bumps under the skin that do not go away, but you can feel them when you run your fingers over your face. After MDF, tney went away.

Do check their website for more details.

As a reinforcement, you may want to introduce a mild scrub like Dermalogical or Dr HCC to speed up decongestion process.

HTH
Jenny
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I have been looking at the Dermalogica as well. Soooo..MD wash, JB maybe peel and blemish serum, and Dermalogica microfoliant. I know you don't use them all at the same time, but that's not too much.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |