Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
If money were no object, what product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
would you repurchase?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
valmont Very Happy april rain cream Very Happy and Medik8's Firewall
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious.... why would a "high priced" item, and your willingness to "repurchase" be somehow linked as being good?? I would hope that most board members here would know: It is NOT the price of a product that dictates its efficacy and function, it is the raw materials used that make the product work.

A better way to have phrased this post would have been:

If you could choose any cosmetic product simply by it's "raw material list" which would you repurchase??

John

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I think your post is fine just the way it is.
There are quite a few items on the pricier side that I love.
I think all of the Is Clinical Serums are high but I love them and keep using them. I reorder the Active and the Proheal along with Hydracool but I wish they were cheaper.
I love the Valmont lines.
My most pricier has to be the Creme La Mer I am on the fence on buying. I have loved the samples so far but am going to have to have more convincing to purchase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I dont remembere where I read it, but there was a study done to determine the factors that influence consumers most when choosing a skincare product, and one of the LEAST important was the "raw material list". Of much more importance was the texture of the cream, the brand, the smell, the way the cream feels rather than WORKS. Hence the introduction of silicones and alike.

Quote:

I'm curious.... why would a "high priced" item, and your willingness to "repurchase" be somehow linked as being good?? I would hope that most board members here would know: It is NOT the price of a product that dictates its efficacy and function, it is the raw materials used that make the product work.

A better way to have phrased this post would have been:

If you could choose any cosmetic product simply by it's "raw material list" which would you repurchase??

John

John
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
That's why I am loving the La Mer. The smell is so luxurious.
I love the texture of the Hydracool and the smell and feel. It has such a lovely tingle, although I know there are cheaper HA serums.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
....and how unfortunate is that RussianSunshine when the most critical aspect of a product is being ignored? Most people just don't understand the raw materials ingredients list, and that's why forums like this are a good education tool. Because the raw material ingredients list is the KEY to whether a product will work or not.

Here's an analogy that will drive the point home.

Two consumers buy two products both packaged in the same jar. Consumer #1 buys her jar for $100. Consumer #2 buys her jar for $10. The jar comes with instructions that say "open the jar and rub the contents on the skin for results".

Consumer #1 opens her jar and finds a $100 dollar bill, so she rubs it on her skin and is happy. Consumer #2 opens her jar and finds a $10 bill, so she rubs it on her skin and is happy.

The two bills look the same, they smell the same, they feel the same....and most importantly, they are made from the EXACT SAME raw materials!! Both consumers are happy with their results.....

BUT!! Consumer #2 only paid $10 for the EXACT SAME THING and EXACT SAME RESULTS!

That is EXACTLY how it works in this industry. If they both would have read and compared the ingredients list, they both would have bought the $10 jar and both would have been happy.

Company number 1 would either have dropped the "$100" product line all together, dropped its consumer price, or tried to write some sort of marketing spin to make it seem better.

Don't fall for the marketing spin of "high priced" consumer cosmetic products.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
....Don't fall for the marketing spin of "high priced" consumer cosmetic products.

John

Human nature , what more to say. If it is more expensive it must be better. It is all about feeling good, which is again like a placebo effect.

I do love expensive products as well ( my Valmont obsession is well-reported here Very Happy ), but along with Valmont line I use cheap products as well (NCN bioactive cream, GoW Renewal Serum) for balance Very Happy And will continue that way, because I think that pleasure that comes with applying expensive products is of value as well.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Once upon a time before EDS I used to purchase the most expensive creams I could get my hands on. I figured the more it cost, the more effective it was. In fact I blame some of the expensive eye creams I used for years for the milia I'm now battling to get rid of.

Thanks to this forum I no longer feel "pricier is better" and have saved a ton of money. So I agree with John 100% - its what's in the product that will dictate its results, not the fancy jar, advertising and packaging.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Not exactly "re-purchase" - but if price is not an issue, I would like to give La Prairie Caviar a try. Very Happy
I agree high prices don't necessarily mean better raw materials, but there may be some sort of psychological satisfaction associated with such purchases.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't care whether a product is cheap or expensive, I just want it to work. In fact, I'd rather buy something cheaper as it leaves more money for other purposes! So I have a mixture of inexpensive and more expensive items.

As far as pricey items go, I'm really lemming the Valmont haircare range after reading bushy's review. I hope to get hold of some samples first, though, as it's a lot of money to spend if it doesn't work. My hair is so incredibly difficult to manage that I'd be prepared to pay more for something that would make a big difference.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
thank you everyone for the replies to my question. Smile where would I find the website for is clinical? I think I'll take some time to check it out.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
EDS sells IS clinical here and that is where I buy mine from.
I have some inexpensive faves as well, but sometimes having a splurge makes me feel pampered.
Whether it is cheap or expensive, I always try a sample first and purchase or repurchase if I feel it is fulfilling a need.
To me IS Clinical is one of those, as I have repurchased it for several years now, and my family uses it as well from my 23 year old son to my sister-in-law to my hubby!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at old photos tonight at dinner with the in-laws. I saw a pic of my skin a few years ago with the glow I have been missing lately and it made me think of the product I was using then and not now that I wanted to add to my list.
Skinmedicas TNS Recovery Complex. It works pretty good, but is on the pricier side, so I am always on the fence on going back. I don't know, proof was in the photos. I am still using the same Proheal Serum but not the Recovery complex, so I might have to go back to that one.
Maybe I can win one of those darn gift vouchers from EDS! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:52 am      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
...It is NOT the price of a product that dictates its efficacy and function, it is the raw materials used that make the product work.

The raw materials only can not make the product work. The processing of the materials also determines the efficacy and function.
kracker
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
with cleanser and creams etc price is not the most important i find because it is what works best, burts bees not expensive but all natural works well

for make up, nail polish etc
i do find price makes a difference because the better brands work better, last longer and go on more smoothly
dior channel etc

hair shampoos etc - more natural better
conditioners - expensive tend to have more softeners though burts bees avocado cream works a treat and less than a tenner!
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in La Mer, and Valmont~
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I would love to try La Mer skincare. It seems many people love their products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I have used La mer for more than 8 months, the whole line products at first, then I only used cream and lifting serum. But it did not work very well for my oily skin.
I want to try Cellcosmet and Revive at the meantime.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I just returned a full jar after 4 weeks. Didn't do anything but break out my skin with cysts. Not fun.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would use Cellcosmet Ultra Vital alot more and over certain parts of my body
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I would repurchase the whole lines of Cellcosmet and Valmont (probably 2 of each product Laughing ). Also I would buy Vivier and Suki.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cellular Cream Platinum Rare from La Prairie. One of my friend has excellent result with it within only a couple of months and she said it's the best she's ever tried in her entire life. Too bad it costs $1000 a jar!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
If $$ were no object, I would be getting massages ALL the time. I think the rest/relaxation and removal of life stresses would have a way better effect than any cream!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont and Cellcosmet and try La Mer (just to see what the hype is all about!)

But ah if money were no object I think my bathroom would have the same amount as a store. And everything would be organised just so. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |