Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What are some other skincare forums?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
What are some other skincare forums besides MUA and EDS?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I spend a lot of time atwww.theskincareboard.com lately. When I first visited I was very put off by their 'purist' attitude, but actually they do talk a lot of sense, though the way some of them express it is not always to my taste. It's not so friendly and inclusive as EDS so watch what you post. If you say something stupid they're certain to tell you unlike EDS users who tend to just politely ignore things.

They tend to be more scientifically minded and less brand focused so it's good if you're on a budget too.
I've learned at lot of new things there and had a lot of the things I already knew clarified for me.
M
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Spectacularskincare that's where Diana Y got her start (I remember when she was a newbie).

Makeupalley is probably the granddaddy of them all.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
makemeheal is also another forum but its more of surgery but they also have skin care discussion.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Molly is the Skincareboard the one you need to send a cash contribution to?
Thanks.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I spend a lot of time atwww.theskincareboard.com lately. When I first visited I was very put off by their 'purist' attitude, but actually they do talk a lot of sense, though the way some of them express it is not always to my taste. It's not so friendly and inclusive as EDS so watch what you post. If you say something stupid they're certain to tell you unlike EDS users who tend to just politely ignore things.

They tend to be more scientifically minded and less brand focused so it's good if you're on a budget too.
I've learned at lot of new things there and had a lot of the things I already knew clarified for me.
M

I don't know the skinboard and I find MUA too big, but I find it fascinating that you pinpoint the cultural differences between the boards...I think we are fantastic - people... we create cultures in groups where we haven't actually met and are so spread out globally. That it is possible to do so is amazing and a luxury... Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I find EDS board is the best! The people here are polite, nice and friendly. Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Molly is the Skincareboard the one you need to send a cash contribution to?

Hi Sharky - Cash contribution?! Oh no they wouldn't like that at all. It's the board attached to dianayvonne.com been up for just over a year or so. I'm surprised you haven't visited because I seem to remember you're a bit of an acid expert.

Quote:
I find it fascinating that you pinpoint the cultural differences between the boards

Hi Ruth - I do think the differences in attitude over the minutae of life is so interesting. I wish they'd bring back the location header so I know where people are coming from.

Not sure that board is quite so tolerant though. Some of them come over here and laugh at us sometimes. Rolling Eyes Some EDS users post over there regularly too though.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Sharky,

I know the one you are talking about where you have to "contribute" or buy one of her two books to get a years viewing. For the life of me I can't remember the name and deleted the bookmark last week. Crying or Very sad

Carol D. owns it and I've heard her two books are good. One is a DIY for skincare and the other is about skincare in general. I used to follow her around the internet just to read her postings.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Not sure that board is quite so tolerant though. Some of them come over here and laugh at us sometimes. Rolling Eyes Some EDS users post over there regularly too though.

They don't just laugh at us here but they laugh at people on other boards (spectacularskinboard and Carol D. board- biochemistryofbeauty or something like that) too. I was put off by that and rarely go there. Carol is very knowledgeable and they also laugh at her too. I have not yet join Carol's board. I used to read her postings quite a long time ago.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
No, honestly Tidieu, I was reading a thread only yesterday where one of them in particular said they come over here and laugh and others admitted to the same. I won't mention any names. I don't want to cause any offence. It's a free internet - it's up to them. I just thought it was funny - that's all.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
They laugh at us? Thats rude. Where you talking about mua?
I went to mua once I think this forum is much better and easier to post and see topics. That ones to difficult. Its hard to explain but hopefully you get the just.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
No, honestly Tidieu, I was reading a thread only yesterday where one of them in particular said they come over here and laugh and others admitted to the same. I won't mention any names. I don't want to cause any offence. It's a free internet - it's up to them. I just thought it was funny - that's all.

I agree. It's free internet... That's why I never said anything before. You are right not to mention names. We might not have the scientific knowledge that they have but I love this board and the things that we do here, be that crazy/silly or not. BTW, they do have good advices over there. They also want to help you save money as well. I just got put off by their attitudes sometimes. I just don't like it when someone talk/look down on someone else.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
2nd this - I'm a member of MUA, and often lurk there for the drama (ohh..you know what I'm talking about) and the product reviews.

I don't post there much as everything seems to get "lost" and move so quickly!!

EDS is sooooo much more friendlier. I've posted MUCH more here than MUA even though I've been a member there for longer.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:
Sharky,

I know the one you are talking about where you have to "contribute" or buy one of her two books to get a years viewing. For the life of me I can't remember the name and deleted the bookmark last week. Crying or Very sad

Carol D. owns it and I've heard her two books are good. One is a DIY for skincare and the other is about skincare in general. I used to follow her around the internet just to read her postings.

http://biochemistryofbeauty.com/phpBB/index.php

Is that the one you are thinking of?
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Yep, that's it, phredd.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think that MUA is hard to follow all those postings just scrolling down it gives me a headache. I have been onto the Dianne Yvonne website and also the Skin Biology one. Both serve their purpose. I have both Super Cop and the Copper Serum and although they do work for some things I don't think that it's anything that regular TCA peels and Retin-A haven't done. I still use the Copper Peptides once in a while but mainly I use Retin-A, TCA and Dr. Hauschka.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
I think that MUA is hard to follow all those postings just scrolling down it gives me a headache. I have been onto the Dianne Yvonne website and also the Skin Biology one.

Yes, I agree! The MUA forum is really hard to read. I usually don't read their postings too much just because of that, but I love their review section.

I checked out that Dianne Yvonne site the other night and was tempted by some of the products, but I have so much to use up first before I could justify anything new. I was interested in the Green Cream after reading about it on the skincare forum.

I still love it here the most though! Very Happy
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Of all the forums that I've (attempted) to browse, I must say EDS is the most user-friendly and informative.

I've tried the MUA ones but I wouldn't even know where to start, the expanding bullet points are awfully hard to follow.

There are some huge MMU forums at Delphi, but only focus on makeup rather than skincare.

Sometimes I go on the skinactives.com ones but again discussions are limited to the ingredients they sell, no wide scope.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
i find EDS the best I've come across Very Happy I like MUA for the reviews but think the boards arent that good, more often than not you get a one line answer to your questions, its not that helpful really.They have some good notepads though.
www.vogue.com.au is THE skincare board here in aus. Its quite a good board but alot of people on it arent that knowledgeable on the more scientific side of skincare so i come here for that kind of thing Very Happy and people here are really friendly and really want to help each other.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have to admit that DY'swww.theskincareboard.com is my favorite skincare forum. I love the science...I've always been the type to irritate (accidentally) makeup and skincare reps at regular stores by asking questions they can't answer. At the Skincareboard there is NO question that they can't answer. Deb (the moderator) knows all. Laughing

I'm sorry if anyone here has felt unwelcome or criticized by the enthusiastically expressed viewpoints over there. I find that the members admit to being permanent learners and try to be helpful to everyone. We do have our lively debates though, to be sure. As for coming over here to laugh at people, I don't think so! I am unaware of anyone saying such a thing. Since their catchphrase there is "100% Science, 0% BS" they do tend to be critical of anything that is unproven/based on hype by the cosmetic industry.

I do enjoy EDS and I find it SO much easier to read than the format of MUA. I can't understand why they keep that thread format when it's so hard on the eyes!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pocoloco

I like it over there too. I used to just drop in occasionally to encourage myself because as a CP user I can feel a bit lonely here sometimes. Then I found my visits increasing and I've been on a bit of a learning curve lately, which is refreshing because I was feeling a bit jaded and like I'd seen it all before here. It's a wonderful information resource. I'd recommend everyone and anyone who's interested in skin an skin products to have a visit.

Trouble is because Deb's so well-informed it often feels a bit like 'follow my leader' so I prefer to come back here to talk. There doesn't seem to be the wide open discussions from all sides of the spectrum that happen here.

So, I'm shuffling backward and forward these days between the two. I think there's a need for both kinds of forum. M
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Makeupalley doesn't have a good forum setup, so confusing, and so much clicking involved just to find out simple info. And the people over there, just because it's so huge, don't seem as knowledgeable. i mean, we have people saying neutrogena makes the best skincare Mad
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently foundwww.mybeautyblog.net to be quite interesting. I guess it's a new site as many of the features have not been properly set up yet. But I sure do give it support by visiting regularly cuz I do see the effort that the site owner has done! It contains a blog in which all useful info is gathered. The site is mainly about beauty and health. They also have a forum similar to EDS but as it's quite new, only a few members are active there. But I'm sure with time, things should get better.

I also see that they have a section where they compiled a list of online shopping too! So yeah, it seems like a pretty neat site that's worthing taking a look into! Very Happy
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I find this forum to be very well run and easy to get around.

it is at times a bit over censored.

But I find everyone on here the best.

Makeupalley is not easy to read, and move around on. Takes to long to find what you are looking for.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |