Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skintags....argh
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know why I'm suddenly getting these.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them?!? They're awful!!
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
There are numerous home remedies. Most don't work and can cause infection.

Go to a doctor. They can easily remove them and your insurance will cover it.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
My SO had one of these and went to the doctor to have it removed ... I think they put something on it to numb the area a bit and then sliced it off. It didn't take too long to heal.

If I ever get any, I'll get them sliced off ... I think they would drive me nuts!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mine came off using Skinbio's Copper Peptides and Salicylic acid. It works very quickly, in a matter of days (for me), if they're small. It's a bit ugly though because they puff up, scab over and drop off and you have to keep applying the stuff maybe three times a day so if you're working it's not really an option.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well, off all the places to have one, its at the tip of my nose...the pieces of cartiledge inbetween the 2 nostrils. Its awful. Its small (thank God), but it annoys the hell out of me.

I think I'll go see a doctor about it.

Crying or Very sad
laine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Go to the doctor. I had one removed from my back..quick, easy & no pain!
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm starting to get little tiny ones around my eyes -- they're awful!

Anyone else have this problem? Can they be removed easily from the eyelids?

Thanks,

-- B
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
This is probably a stupid question, but what is a skin tag? Never heard of these before...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
a skintag is a tiny version of a mole. sometimes they are flat and raised, other times they look like oblong pieces of skin shaped like a hang nail. HTH Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Good description!!! I never knew what those were Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have had good luck treating skin tags and moles with super Cop (strong copper peptide). I have also used salicylic acid but it did not seem to work as well. Topicals take at least 3 months to work so the mole does not come back. You MD can also quickly freeze it off (I've had that done also). It does not hurt much and is fast.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
They tend to appear as you get older but can appear as young as your 20's. They also tend to appear where you skin or clothing rubs against another part of your body but I once had one on my chin. They are flesh colored and tend to be long and skinny (kinda like a tiny worm growing out of your body Laughing) but can also be somewhat flat. Doctors don't seem to know much about them...and don't seem to want to. Laughing
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I get them around my neck quite often (though I think that's hereditary because my grandmother's got lotsssss of them)

If they are actually quite big, then you can tie a hair around it to 'kill it off', it hurts a little but drops off clean in a few days. Just cover with a band-aid to prevent irritation.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
miranets, I did that for my husband a couple years ago! It was gross!!

Do you think its contagious?! I never had them before and now I do..

ANYWAY, you know that tag on my nose? Its was quite tiny and felt like a clogged pore with a head popping out. Anyway, I've been scratching at it unconsciously - its just THERE and ... well... I scratched it off. I didn't even realize it, and it didn't hurt at all!

Problem solved. I hope I don't get anymore.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I can add some info being a skin cancer patient AND sharing the same aliment for the last 15 years. My oncologist/Derma doc has told everything that has been posted here. They are "a sign of getting older" and harmless if they remain skin colored. They are not a sign of anything serious and separate from my other skin issues. You can have them removed and in the beginning I did. However, they can grow back in the same area#^$^$*! Removal is painless (or it was for me) and was covered by my insurance. Mine are around my neck and in between my breasts. I have one or two on my legs too. They first started when I had my daughter 20 years ago although my first child is 25. HTH.

Babs
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Waaaaah!! A sign of getting older?! Crying or Very sad

At least no wrinkles yet....

Thanks for the info! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |