Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
00 Cupidon -- the little pencil that could
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
have you ever noticed that sometimes you literally stumble onto a winner by a whim??? i got this lip pencil, almost as an afterthought, a sort of P.S. to my Guerlain shopping spree. here's a traditional review of the pencil from http://www.handbag.com/beauty/products/getitguerlaincupidon/

As a part of it's Autumn/Winter 2004 colour collection, Guerlain has introduced the Divinora Cupidon, a lip pencil that captures the light and enhances the mouth's Cupid's Bow. A trick of the light, Cupidon is a supremely soft lip pencil that is applied on the outside of the upper lip to help define the Cupid's Bow and enhance the size and shape of the lip. The pencil is nearly flesh coloured, but is filled with reflective particles of white and rose. Instantly giving radiance and helping to lift the upper lipline and give the illusion of volume and youth, Cupidon is a perfect companion to both of this autumn's key looks: strong lip colour is kept from straying, while the light reflectors lift the colour, and if you are only wearing gloss, it will help to hold it in place without the tell-tale dark line showing through.

If your lips have lost their definition, this pencil will help you to make any minor shape correction virtually undetectable. A trick of the light? Perhaps, but if it can give you a mouth that begs to be noticed…who cares?

does it do all that? yes! do you need it? well, no, not really. but it sure is fun and adds a certain je ne sais quoi to your face. why have i bothered mentioning it? well it seems that this magical little lip pencil is actually also an eye pencil in disguise. yes, you heard me right -- an eye pencil. THE eye pencil we've all been looking for.

backtrack to the shopping spree i went on. one of the products was the Loose Kohl Liner in a shimmery white to put on the inner bottom rim of my eyes to brighten them when my allergies had kicked in and made them very pink. did it work? yes. did it look natural? no. perfect for going out to a fancy dinner or a party, but for everyday use it looked way too much. flash forward to a trade show i just did. eyes red-rimmed from all the new pollens i was subjected to from paris in springtime. no matter what i did, i just looked pathetic, like i'd been crying all night, and here i needed to look professional. i truly was ready to cry.... inspiration struck as i did my lips. if this Cupidon looks so natural on my lip line, then.... well, the rest is history. i wiped it clean, lined my inner rims and voilà -- i looked human again! not only did it normalise the whole area, but it also gave my eyes a certain little sparkle that made me look like i knew the secret of the universe.

better yet, it lasted all day and it looked completely natural -- so maybe i knew the secret after all....
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

well it seems that this magical little lip pencil is actually also an eye pencil in disguise. yes, you heard me right -- an eye pencil. THE eye pencil we've all been looking for.

I have one of these! , & I must say I didn't think it would work at all when I first saw it & I thought the whole thing was a bit of gimmick, especially when the SA was telling me how to use it. But I never thought of using it as an eyeliner actually...I'm worried it might look a bit too weird & pinky coloured on me. But I might just give it a go tomorrow morning & see how it turns out Wink
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
I'm worried it might look a bit too weird & pinky coloured on me. But I might just give it a go tomorrow morning & see how it turns out Wink

oops, never thought of that.... my skin is naturally PPP with a pinkish tone so this is just perfect for me! let me know how it goes.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Well hell, I wish I'd known about this lipliner on Friday when I went to Sephora to get my Guerlain LipLift!! ?: It's a good thing I have to return an orange lip stain marker from Bourjois (still on my hunt for the perfect one!) or I'd be very upset that I'd have to make a trip out of the way to go get me one of these! It's got great reviews on MUA, too, so I'll def have to check it out....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
P.S. At Sephora, they call it the Guerlain Divinora Lip Pencil: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0731&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1132

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
You know what? After reading the article at the link Cam provided atwww.handbag.com, I think this lip pencil might be the product that model Molly Sims is wearing in the new print ads for the CoverGirl Incredi-Full plumping lipstick that is supposed to pull moisture from the air into your lips like a magnet to plump them. I’m sure you’ve seen the commercial on TV where MS is wearing an all-white pantsuit with loose, wavy hair and strong red lips? That’s what she’s wearing in the print ad, but I looking at it closely to figure out how they “photoshopped” the ad to make her lips look fuller (b/c I don’t believe that the lipstick can really do what they say!) and realized that she had some sort of funky product around the outline of her top lip that sort of give a mirror-like reflection that gave the illusion of fuller lips. If you have a chance to see that print ad, look at it closely to see what I’m talking about....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
you pressed the link after i provided the whole article??? Laughing what can i say, it did say it better.... anyways, from your description (since the adverts aren't on the telly here), it does sound like this is what she's using. mind you, it sounds kind of like it's slathered on. but see? the stuff works! and you can be a little more subtle and still get that effect.... my humblest apologies for not mentioning it to you when you were asking about LipLift, reverse liners, and the like.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
O.K. time to try it out again-I bought it when it was a hot topic on MUA-I just keep forgetting to use it since I STILL need a regular lip liner with it. Interesting about the eye- will def, try it there!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
you pressed the link after i provided the whole article???
I just wanted to see if my employer had un-blocked thewww.handbag.com website because the last time I tried to access it, it returned one of those "Warning: obscene or sexual content, this site has been blocked" error messages. Of course, at one point they also blockedwww.sephora.com andwww.ulta.com too -- surely my checkbook is the only one who would find either of those websites objectionable!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
aw geez, ANOTHER thing to go looksie at the Guerlain counter. (and all lip stuff this month..)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
O.K. time to try it out again-I bought it when it was a hot topic on MUA-I just keep forgetting to use it since I STILL need a regular lip liner with it. Interesting about the eye- will def, try it there!
Why do you need an regular lip liner with it? Is to keep your lipstick/gloss from migrating? If yes, then I'd suggest switching to the Guerlain Divinora LipLift lip primer thingy instead. I got mine on Friday based on someone's review here and already I love it more than the invisible lip liners that I'd previously pledged allegance to!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Why do you need an regular lip liner with it? Is to keep your lipstick/gloss from migrating? If yes, then I'd suggest switching to the Guerlain Divinora LipLift lip primer thingy instead. I got mine on Friday based on someone's review here and already I love it more than the invisible lip liners that I'd previously pledged allegance to!

Oh Carrie, you are so fickle! Laughing I will double the rave for liplift though. I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
marina wrote:

Actually, I have pigmented lips & a disappearing lipline Sad I need a neutral flesh colored (translates to pinky -nude) so I can find my lips!! The cupidon is very light & only highlights the lip area-dosen't define. I tried the lip primer years ago (still have it). I didn't like it then because, although it worked, it also changed the color of my lipsticks & glosses. I'll pull it out & try it again...let u know
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose, I'm also PPP with pink undertones, and I think this pencil would be perfect for me too!! Do you line it inside your lashes all around your eyes, or just on the bottom? Do you still wear regular eyeliner with it? Thanks for the great review!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
[quote="marinaActually, I have pigmented lips & a disappearing lipline Sad I need a neutral flesh colored (translates to pinky -nude) so I can find my lips!![/quote]Have you ever tried the Cargo Reverse LipLiner? It's flesh-colored, as opposed to the Duwop reverse lip liner which is completely clear. On MUA, some members have reported that they've successfully used the Cargo reverse liner to completely change their lip contour (i.e.: create the severe "cupid's bow" mouth of the 20s/30s that you see old-time movie stars wearing so it would probably help make your lipline "reappear!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Great! Confused Looking up the Cupidon lip liner on Sephora led me to check out the Guerlain lipsticks and now I think I can’t possibly love without the KissKiss Lipstick in “Maxi Shine 662 Peach Shine” (you *know* I’m a sucker for peachy and/or orange-y lip colors!!).

So now the question becomes: which one is truly the to-die-for product I need to add to my lip product collection?! Is the Cupidon liner “subtle” enough for every day use or is it something I would only want to use on special occasions? If not, I think I’m going to have to go with the peach lipstick because I already have an (Anastasia EyeLight) pencil that does double-duty for me by highlighting my browbone or “waking up” my eyes if I apply it in the inner corners....

God, I just have absolutely no self control! If any of you are bettin’ women, you ought to lay down odds on whether or not CareKate is going to be able to walk out of Sephora with only a single product in her shopping bag! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
what on earth is "PPP" ????

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
It's an abbreviation used on MUA -- I think it stands for "pale porcelain princess"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I have the cupidon liner as well, will have to try it on the eyes, great tip!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:
It's an abbreviation used on MUA -- I think it stands for "pale porcelain princess"

Oh, I like that! Yup that is me... well, perhaps more a "pale pink princess" Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I have so many peach/orange lip glosses -I could never finish them in one lifetime..still looking for the perfect one..now I'm eyeing Trish's tropical nude...if you're anything like me carekate, you bite the bullet & buy both. Cool
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I have so many peach/orange lip glosses -I could never finish them in one lifetime..still looking for the perfect one..now I'm eyeing Trish's tropical nude...if you're anything like me carekate, you bite the bullet & buy both. Cool
Are you in to lip stains, too? If so, have YOU managed to find the perfect orangey-peachy lip stain? If you've found it, you've got to share!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
not into lipstains..although I've heard good things about Vincent Longo..I've only discovered the beauty of glosses in the last year. Before I would wear them over lipsticks. I always thought they would bleed or I was too old for them..then armani came into my life..Boy, was I wrong...and...like a true addict...one is never enough!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz -- i wear this on the bottom inner rim and a dot just inside where the eyelids meet (you know the place that's always pink?). i guess i could put it on top, but i wear contacts and try to avoid too much lest it irritate.... as for usual liner outside -- sometimes i do, sometimes i don't, depends on my mood. i personally think it gives a wider-eyed look without, but that may just be my eyes....

carekate -- both!!! i know the Anastasia highlighter you're talking about and it's wonderful. but, especially in terms of the mouth, this is far, far superiour due to the light reflecting particles. as for the MaxiShine, i controlled myself from telling you about these because i *knew* you'd love them. i was actually going to recommend the Orange Shine to you as i think it's slightly more vivid and these shines are very, very sheer. (in fact, i almost gave you mine -- orange just ain't mine colour though the MUA insisted it went with my red hair -- but my step-mum ended up stealing it. *sorry*) go check out the MaxiShines in person and see which you like better. and buy the pencil -- you *know* you want it!!! Laughing (have you noticed there's no emoticons for the devil?)
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
So now the question becomes: which one is truly the to-die-for product I need to add to my lip product collection?! Is the Cupidon liner “subtle” enough for every day use or is it something I would only want to use on special occasions? If not, I think I’m going to have to go with the peach lipstick because I already have an (Anastasia EyeLight) pencil that does double-duty for me by highlighting my browbone or “waking up” my eyes if I apply it in the inner corners....

Carekate: I have the Cupidon and adore it as a subtle highlighter/enhancer. I would use it everyday but I'm usually in too much of a hurry to bother with my lips in the mornings. It is not shimmery at all, more like a softly pearly pinkish beige. The closest thing I've found in terms of finish is Benefit's High Brow pencil, since both are matte but still seem to reflect light--know what I mean?

But the Cupidon's texture is much softer and it's not as pigmented or shiny. Stroke it onto your cupid's bow and you get a sexy (not sweaty!) little gleam that is quite similar to that Molly Sim's ad (if you look closely through fashion mags, you'll spot this little trick everywhere--I'm not certain whether it's always Cupidon, but I'm sure lots of makeup artists dab highlighter onto the cupid's bow to make the upper lip seem fuller. I prefer Cupidon to any of my other highlighters since it's more precise, though I suppose one could use a fine lip or eyeliner brush with a pearly cream product and get an effect that is similar enough).

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |