Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Extremely DRY skin on face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nichole

Wed May 31, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I am 30 and have had extremely dry, flaky skin on my face (particularly my cheeks) for the last year. I have tried several brands including: Caudalie, Kiehl's, Aveda, Juice Beauty, Cetaphil, even Creme De La Mer but my skin is still dry. I'm looking for a great cleanser and moisturizer for extremely dry (sometimes sensitive) skin. I've thought about trying Dermalogica, Erno Lazslo, Cosmedicine, but am not sure. Can anyone help recommend something?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nichole! Welcome to the forum! I suffer from severe dry skin in the winter so I know how you feel. The first step for me in getting the dry skin under control is a nice, creamy, non-irritating cleanser. I would recommend Beauty Without Cruelty's Herbal Cleansing Cream or PSF's Green Tea face wash. Next, while skin is still damnp, I apply a moisture-rich masque. Beauty Without Cruelty and PSF both have Moisture Masques that work really well. BWC's is a tad richer, if you think you need the extra help. Lastly, a rich moisturizer like Beauty Without Cruelty's Maximum Moisture Cream, or even pure camellia oil. (I get mine at chidoriyaworld.com) Using a hydrating spray like Body Shop's vitamin E face spray throughout the day can help too. HTH!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Ambrosia De Rosa? It's a very, very rich face / eye cream. Lately, I've use a product called Aqua-Key. It goes deep into your skin and hydrates it. I like the theory that some people have oily / dehydrated skin and you need to solve the dehydration before you can solve the oiliness. Same as dry skin. You need to hydrate it from the bottom and work your way up to the surface.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I too have really dry skin. Do you just have dry skin on your face, or all over your body?
I suggest using a milk cleanser. I like Dr. Hauschka line because it doesnt dry out your skin like alot of other products do. Milk cleansers are creamy and dont contain soap. Dermalogica also is great. I used to use the ultracalming cleanser which is awesome for sensitive skin and is non-drying. There is this cleanser called Dermalogica essential cleansing solution which is especially for those with dry to ultra-dry skin. I wouldnt suggest the exfoliants by dermalogica because in my opinion are quite drying. The gentle soothing booster is for sensitive skin and really helps reduce redness as well as moisturize.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I get dry skin I would use Aloette Skin Renewal Mud Masque. It even helps with those annoying dry patches. You know...the ones that no matter how much moisturizer you use on them, they're still there. With this masque, those annoying patches are gone. Smile
www.aloettecosmetics.com/oneproduct.aspx?product=63&nav=13
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin too. My skin is rough, flaking and dull especially in winter.

My auntie owns a beauty salon and I go to have facial treatment regularly. I talked to her my problems and she said even the best cream may not help much. That is because the dead skin cell has hindered the penetration of the cream. (my English is not very good, hope you understand what I mean) She performed a "diamond peel" for me and said this will increase the skins ablility to absorb the skin care products.

After this treatment, I feel there was a big difference in my skin texture, feeling softer and supple and less flaking. Now, I do exfoliation or peeling twice a week at home and the "diamond Peel" once every 2 to 3 months. Hydrating Mask 3 times a week and using Valmont Bio-regentic and regenetic hydration cream. I saw improvement in the dryness of my skin.
valerianroots
5% products discount

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I will often use some sort of peel to remove the flaky skin first, before moisturising. You can use scrubs, microdermabrasion, glycolic acid, just anything to slough away the dead skin first.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
nichole wrote:
Hello. I am 30 and have had extremely dry, flaky skin on my face (particularly my cheeks) for the last year. I have tried several brands including: Caudalie, Kiehl's, Aveda, Juice Beauty, Cetaphil, even Creme De La Mer but my skin is still dry. I'm looking for a great cleanser and moisturizer for extremely dry (sometimes sensitive) skin. I've thought about trying Dermalogica, Erno Lazslo, Cosmedicine, but am not sure. Can anyone help recommend something?

You absolutely NEED to try Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser, although you will need to suspend your skepticism for a little while to except the concept of using oil to cleanse the skin:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12803&highlight=burts+bees

If you don't try the Burt's Bees cleanser, then I would suggest exploring the possibility of using OCM (oil cleansing method) to cleanse and hydrate your skin.

Before you dismiss my suggestions out of hand, please perform a search of the forum using "OCM" as the search word so you can read more about what it is, what it does and how it works.

Maybe I'm getting a bit cocky, but I think I've earned the reputation around here for knowing a little about what I'm talking about! Embarassed If you'd like to "try it before you buy it," send me a PM with your address and I'll send you a sample of the Burt's Bees orange cleanser to test out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I found that regular exfoliation got rid of the flakies and helped my skin to absorb moisturiser more - but be careful if you have sensitive skin. I use Microdermx microdermabrasion, although I'm not sure whether that would be suitable for sensitive skin

Also, a couple of rich moisturisers that really helped were Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough, and the one I'm using now - Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream.

You might like to try using a facial oil underneath your moisturiser. This works amazingly well for my terribly dry skin. Décleor make some very good ones, but I'm currently delighted with the Silkia Camellia Oil I'm using at the moment. I've also ordered some Emu Oil and some Squalene to try, as they're supposed to be great for dry skin.

PSF's Hyaluronic Acid Serum works well on top of your moisturiser to draw in further into your skin, and so helps it to be more effective.

Everyone's different, so it's just a question of keep on trying until you find the right regime for your skin.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, as I know what a nightmare it can be. Best of luck!
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy More water, omega 3 6 9 and fish oil! Google sea kelp bioferment, I think that would work well on your skin.
Wendyb
5% products discount

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
If you skin is very very dry and FLAKEY may I suggest you are using TOO MUCH moisturizer. If you are constantly putting heavy moisturizders on your skin you may be clogging the pores and that will cause itching and flaking and a very dry feeling. Especially if you are getting it on your eyebrows. I would leave off all moisturizers for a couple of days and see what happens. I would even wipe on a mild astrengent a couple of times a day I know it sounds crazy but it has happened to me before and a couple of my friends.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique Recovery Gel is Light and is a very good moisturizer Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Emu oil's great for dry skin. Best used at night I think.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Do you order emu oil online only? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Wendyb wrote:
If you skin is very very dry and FLAKEY may I suggest you are using TOO MUCH moisturizer. If you are constantly putting heavy moisturizders on your skin you may be clogging the pores and that will cause itching and flaking and a very dry feeling. Especially if you are getting it on your eyebrows. I would leave off all moisturizers for a couple of days and see what happens. I would even wipe on a mild astrengent a couple of times a day I know it sounds crazy but it has happened to me before and a couple of my friends.

That's what must have happened to me last year. My skin felt so dry I was constantly slathering on moisturizer. After a couple of months I realized how congested my skin was, especially in the areas that were the driest. It's been quite a battle to clear up my skin, but I'm getting there. Thanks for the tip.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I would recommend Ice Elements!

First and foremost, the 2 minute miracle exfoliating gel to get rid of the dead skin cells on the top that is keeping everything else from working... It is the most amazing product I have ever used. I started by going to www.iceelements.com and calling in for the 2 samples of .25 oz of 2mm for only the price of shipping.

Then they have a try me kit for under $20 at hsn.com (not sure all where they deliver if you are outside of the US, but you can ask at the ice elements site if you need too). I skipped the trial kit and went for the Anniversary kit as I wanted to try it all.

In less than 2 weeks the flaking that I had on my skin is GONE. I had flaking on my forehead and on either side of my nose and some on one of my cheeks. I also had the oilies on my forehead from the dry skin clogging my pores and that is completely gone!

The dry skin went away first... and then the oilies went away more slowly as it would return mid day, but I stuck with the products and now no oilies at all!

My skin tone is also evening out and the minor breakouts that I get are almost gone.

I am using the normal to dry kit. I was not sure at first which one to select but Shelly and Brenda helped me to decide which would be best for me.

I really could go on and on about the products, they are just so amazing!

They do not have water as an ingredient in ANY of their products! The cleansers do not use surfactants, which means that they do not lather up but it is much better for the skin as the surfactants effect the way that the ingredients penetrate the skin. Most companies use surfactants as people are used to the lather and expect it... It took a little getting used to but I now just love it!

Most of the products have a base of pharmaceutical grade aloe vera and some have Antarcticine, which increases the moisture in the skin.

I do not work for Ice Elements or any company associated with it. I am just an absolutely thrilled customer who wants everyone to find the great skin care that I did.

Whatever you decide to try, I wish you luck!
Deanna.
sundae
5% products discount

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's a good idea to try treating from the INSIDE instead of slathering on more moisturizer on the surface. a good pharmaceutical grade fish oil with a very high level of EPA and DHA should be able to help plump up the skin. I have oily to combo skin on the face, but my arms and legs used to be always rather dry and flaky. The fish oil plumbed up my skin a lot and I can no longer scratch white lines on my arms and legs after taking the fish oil for a only few weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
also try dr hauschka rhythmic night conditioner, it is also a good one and for moisturizer try valmont 24 hour moisturizing cream.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |