Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Freckle vs. mole
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have some freckles on my back and shoulders but then I also have some dark freckles as well. Are these moles? They are not raised at all just darker than some of my freckles.

Does a Hydrogen Peroxide bath remove them? I read on another website of many people taking baths with HP and that it worked very well.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! I've never heard HP for freckles. The only thing I know that really works is a ruby laser. The darker the freckle, the better.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Supposedly Hydrogen Peroxide in percentages of food grade quality of between 20-35% can remove freckles. Most HP sold at drugstores and markets are 3%. Here if you want anything higher you have to go to the pharmacy counter and ask for it. I've heard though that it does NOT remove moles so I wonder what do I have? They are flat like freckles but darker. I thought that moles were raised from the skin more resembling a wart. I know that these are not melanoma since I've had them looked at by a doctor.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, moles are always (or almost always) raised. Freckles can be anything from a light tan to almost black. I have several that are very dark brown.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
99% of my moles are flat and small with zero texture diff. then the rest of my skin like freckles. I have them on my face, chest, arms, back etc. Freckles cluster together, moles are more spread out even if you have many in one area. They are different though cause the pigment is deeper into the skin layers and darker. Freckles are pretty superficial. They are all just pigment though really, I've gotten some weird pigment marks that are the size of a a fine pen head that are not dark brown like other marks but actually bright red. It's very strange, I have no idea what those are.

Wouldn't that high % of hydrogen peroxide be too strong to use on the skin? How much do you add to a bath? How much do you dilute it? Wouldn't that bleach all of the skin if it worked?

I have never heard that the laser things worked better on darker pigment spots, always lighter. Like they work well for freckles but not moles and require a lot more treatments to lighten them the darker they are. Does that laser thing leave scars?

What about a skin lightening cream, wouldn't that fade freckles?
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it will bleach the skin. I am so fair anyway that it would not matter. Just make sure to put your hair up on even in a shower cap to avoid getting it in the hair. It will bleach!

I have used this at a lower concentration of 10% and it did not dry at my skin at all. I think that the milk powder (though that smells!) helps with the dryness.

This is the recipe. http://www.bearyhealthy.com/articles/april06/instant_homemade_skin_bleacher!.html

It says a quarter cup but I think that seems too little. I used half a cup at 10% HP and it worked fine for me. My light freckles are gone though the darker ones still remain. Maybe this needs to be done more often?

I have used bleaching creams like Hydroquinone 4% and although it does work on my face and such I can't afford to buy them and use them all over my body. I have to buy them overseas anyway since they are not sold here in Sweden (or most of Europe).
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG,

A laser expert told me about lasers being attracted to the pigment, therefore, the darker the spot the easier for the laser to remove.

The tiny red spots you talk about are called, hemangeomas (unsure of spelling). A Dermatologist told me this. They tend to show up about the age of 40, mostly on the trunk, tend to be genetic and are harmless.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |