Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Holy Grail:: Decleor Aroma Purete Matt Finish Skin Fluid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Grail Alert!!! EDS was kind enough to send me a sample of this sometime last month and WOW It was definitely love at first use, and I promptly ordered a full size bottle of it. I have big-time oily skin issues in the summer, and I have been forever looking for a light, silky, matte lotion to add a little moisture to my face but still keep the oilies away. This lotion does all of that and more!! It also soothes my sensitive skin, AND wards off blemishes!!! My goodness!! I'm such a product junkie and am always on the lookout for something new and better, but as far as a summer lotion goes, the search party has been called off. It could not possibly get better than this. And the water lily scent just knocks my socks off--- I would buy the perfume if they sold it!! (And it goes great with my beloved Jurlique Rose Silk Dust...)

This lotion is the companion to Decleor's Ylang Ylang oil and night balm, and I've found it also works well with PSF's Balancing Oil. It also works GREAT on its own.

Thank you, Decleor and EDS!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Aww..man...Liz, you're posting more reviews. I'm still trying to be happy with just the Juice Beauty stuff (that you got me hooked on). You might as well PM me with your regime and I'll try to work the stuff in. Laughing
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Liz! I am trying to decide between Decleor Ylang Ylang and PSF Balancing Oil, and now this! Rolling Eyes
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Liz, thanks for the review.

I have read a few for this product but have always been kind of skeptical to try Crying or Very sad because of my sensitive skin which is very prone to blocked pores, even from MMU!!!!

Reading your skin profile, it says you have sensitive skin. So you don't find ANY irritation with this? (I mean me, sometimes after washing my face and spraying Caudalie Grape water, I even feel tingling!!)

Another reason for my skepticism is, it is not a *natural* product, from looking at the ingredient list there were a lot of silicones in it, I guess that's what gives the smooth/matte finish.

(Im also dreading to move from my simple balancing oil + silk dust/clay routine because I had such BAAAD experiences with Clinique Pore minimizer range.. and everything that says "matt fluide" reminds me of that evil stuff Sad )
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
This sounds lovely if just for the scent alone Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Another reason for my skepticism is, it is not a *natural* product, from looking at the ingredient list there were a lot of silicones in it, I guess that's what gives the smooth/matte finish.

I do not only use natural products but the amount of silicones in this concerns me. I don't mind some silicones but the first few ingredients for this are silicones. Has anyone who is also not a big fan of silicones tried this? If so what did you think? If you apply sunscreen over this does it cause any "balling"? I have sensitive/oily skin so it sounds like it might be a good choice for me but I really don't know if I want to use all of those silicones.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I know exactly what you guys are saying about the silicones. For me, since I first tried it in sample form I didn't see the ingredients, so I kind of fell in love with it "blind," as it were. After I got it I was a bit surprised by the ingredients, but since it works I guess I can't complain. I have not yet have any porblems with balling, but on the other hand I wear a VERY light sunscreen. (Clarins UV Plus SPF 40)

Another thing I wanted to mention is that while this is IMO the perfect summer moisturizer, if you are prone to REALLY greasy skin like I am, it won't be enough to control oil by itself. I still find that I need to use PSF Balancing Oil/Ylang Ylang oil AND Rose Dust to keep the shinies away.

To answer your question miranets, amazingly I find NO irritation with this product. If anything, I find it to be soothing. I definitely have very sensitive skin--- I haven't yet tried the Caudalie grape water (tho I want to!), but I still remember putting a "soothing" pomegranate lotion from murad on my face and having it burn so much I had to wash it right off...

I guess because of the silicones, etc, your best bet might be to just get a sample from EDS or Sephora and test drive it out and make sure it fits with your skin and your routine. But if you've been looking for a really light, soothing, nicely-fragranced lotion for summer, this could really be the ticket, I think. (I've even been wearing it to bed!^-^)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Liz I guess I will just have to request a sample with my next order and see if I like it. Honestly, the part about NO irritation is a big selling point for me since my skin is very sensitive too. I am not opposed to silicones but actually tend not to like how they make my skin feel!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
any "balling"? ...

What is balling? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy balling is what I call it when I apply one product over another and it forms little clumps because of some reaction between the two. I especially notice it when I apply sunscreen over a mattifying moisturizer.

I don't think that I am doing a good job explaining this but hopefully you get the picture!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Oh! Smile I get it! That happens with my sunscreen too.. and I know it has a lot of "cones"!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
oh, dear...I got a sample of this too & haven't tried it yet...geez guys I'm already layering 4 products a.m. before I hit the foundation! Confused The, there's the lazer tight by Dr. Brandt that's MUA's been raving about.... Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |