Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Why I fall asleep so easily?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't get me wrong. I'm very healthy, very active and have no trouble with night sleeps. But I fall asleep so easily night and day. I fall asleep on my bus, the last time the bus driver had to wake me up and drop me off at the terminal miles away from my home. I fall asleep in the theatre, the last time I was watching Da Vinci Code with my sweetie. I fall asleep in front of the TV set. I fall asleep just after a few pages through my favorite book. I fall asleep while listening to ghost stories at the summer camp fires.( But never while surfing the net). I just fall asleep for just about 15mins, then wake up, very fresh, starting anew anything that I just drop right there. Is it some kind of energy recharging that my body really need? My mom teased me my hobby is sleeping. It's very embarrassing some times.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you are partly narcoleptic? You could probably go to a doctor about this but he'd put you on stimulant drugs. I used to be that way, I guess I go through phases every couple years, sometimes I couldn't sleep and had the hardest time falling asleep, but I remember my last year of high school I thought I was narcoleptic. These days I go to bed around the same time and wake up the exact same time everyday including weekends. Sometimes I vary the time I go to bed if its a weekend and I go out but I always make sure to wake up the same time every morning which is about 6:30 am (I'm a morning person). I found this to help the most with this problem. But if it interferes with your life you should see a doctor. One thing though, is that you know your body is very relaxed which is good. Better than being tense all the time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
im the same way as you.. ill fall asleep at people's houses. I just get easily relaxed sometimes and cannot really help dozing off. Watching movies late at night at my bfs is a no no because i never stay awake to see the ending. I'll fall asleep with certain noises too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow, I'm so glad having found out you are A MORNING PERSON too. I always think it's so uncool to be a morning person. I always am the one gets up the earliest in the morning and the one collapses first before the night party begins. I could not stay up late like all of my friends did even on the nights before big tests when I was in school. I'd rather get up before dawn to study. Coffee and tea and loud noises have no effect on me. And just like you, purpleturtle, I missed quite a few good movies' endings, too. My friends are very forgiving and they always reserve for me a sleeping corner in their place so that I can fall asleep and sometimes...snore and drool Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I found that increasing Iron helped me with fatigue. I started taking Iron pills and after about a little more than a week I felt more energetic. Women need more Iron than men and women deplete more Iron without replacing it. You can probably guess why. This might be why in the old days women were told to eat liver. It is rich in Iron. Today Iron pills are available which is really nice. I never liked eating liver as a child.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I also fall asleep very easily. I fall asleep in the theatre, in front of the TV set. I fall asleep just after a few pages through of a book too.
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had this problem! I've had serious insomnia for years now. I know it sucks not being able to choose when you sleep! I read in a magazine once (and it really works) that if you massage your ears it makes you wake up and be more alert. Like rub all around and the edges and earlobe. It's some reflexology thing. Hopefully it'll work for you too! Smile
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I too sometimes wish i had this fallin asleep anywhere thing going on for me......I dont have insomnia(thank god and touch wood) and i fall asleep okay at night but my sleep is mighty picky(read:i have never in my memory slept while watching TV, almost never on an airplane, on living room couch, reading(except when I was a student lol), etc etc. if there is a tv switched on and kept on mute in the room..there is a no way in world I can sleep with all the light flashing!...Very frustrating at times!
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I should add that I tend to fall asleep easily when I don't want to (watching TV, reading, etc. I would fall asleep before the ending and then wake up after the ending is finished on TV). Brick wall Many times, when I really wanted to sleep, I couldn't. Mad I woke up very easily and sometimes it took me a long time to go back to sleep.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu, I'm glad that I'm not alone in falling asleep while reading books.
It's so funny that I fall asleep just right after the first few minutes getting myself so cozy under my blankets with a good book.
Doesn't matter if it's a page turner or not, I just feel very...very sleepy and when I'm hanging there in the middle of the twilight zone I even have enough imagination to make up few story lines that have nothing to do with the book.
Than I'm gone. For about an hour or so. And when I come back, I mean wake up from a deep sleep, I just continue reading the book very late into the night.

And yes, I fall asleep in the swimming pool too!

Don't call me Sleeping Beauty Laughing

5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I get that as well, falling asleep while I read. I heard that Jennifer aniston gets it also and it turned out that it was because she needed glasses ????
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Bushy- Reading book is what made me fall asleep the fastest! Falling asleep in the swimming pool hasn't happened to me yet. Wink
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
i wish i had this problem, cause my problem is falling asleep Sad
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had this problem to .... sadly I don't Sad
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |