Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Huge Pores on Nose but Nice Skin Overall? What to use??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I think it's way smart to wear a hat out in the sun, esp after your peels, Theresa! I've never been much for wearing hats, but I think it could be a good idea, esp. when I've been doing a lot to my skin! One thing I ALWAYS do is if I'm going to be out in the sun all day (zoo, amusement park, sight-seeing, etc), I always carry a parasol. Sometimes little kids point to me and say "Mommy, why is that lady holding an umbrella??" but it's worth it for me to have that extra protection...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
During the summer I do only spot peels and always use a heavy duty sunscreen after a peel. i love home peels because you can adjust pH, strength, spot treat etc to fit your own skin. The only problem is not to over do it.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Liz I started wearing hats 8 years ago when I started using Differin and now I hate going without them. Besides keeping the sun off your face they reduce glare so you don't have to squint (an added anti-wrinkle benefit!). Is there any difference between a parsol and an umbrella? My husband actually suggested the umbrella idea jokingly telling me that I could be a "umbrella girl" at his races and car events (you either know what I am talking about here or you don't Wink ). But I actually thought that using an umbrella in the sun would be a "good" idea.

sharky I have been reading several posts where you talk about your peels. I believe you get them from Platinum skincare. What strength do you use on your whole face and how ofter do you do your face peels? What strenght do you use to spot peel or does it vary?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Is the aspirin mask supposed to be for pore refining? Sorry if a dumb question but I can't remember what its for, I just use it because it makes my redness go away temp. But I was reading the article by paulas choice and it said something about bha and aspirin, so I was just wondering. Should I use bha if I use the aspirin mask. I have aha but the article said it can't penetrate, so now I think I am going to get the bha. I don't know if I should get one of two percent. Does anyone know?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought something called a nose peel at Sally's. It has salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and lactic acid. Haven't used it yet. I bought it because my nose is the only trouble area I have as far as pores/ oiliness goes. I hope this peel helps!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Theresa--- I don't think there is much of a difference between parasols and umbrellas. The parasols they sell in Japan are made of like, cotton fabric instead of nylon and they have embroidery, etc on them, so they cute factor is there, but I def. think an umbrella would work just as well.^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
Is the aspirin mask supposed to be for pore refining? Sorry if a dumb question but I can't remember what its for, I just use it because it makes my redness go away temp. But I was reading the article by paulas choice and it said something about bha and aspirin, so I was just wondering. Should I use bha if I use the aspirin mask. I have aha but the article said it can't penetrate, so now I think I am going to get the bha. I don't know if I should get one of two percent. Does anyone know?

yes, pore refining. which only lasts about a day for me. and it only takes away the rosacea on the apples of my cheeks for about a day. but if i do the aspirin mask too much, i break out. *sigh*
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have a somewhat oily T-zone with large pores on my nose and I've noticed that since using IS Clinical Active Serum that they look drastically reduced...even better than when I used to do a lactic acid peel. I use renova a couple of nights a week, but it did nothing to help reduce pore size, probably due to the emollients in it. But the active serum really makes my skin look so refined...almost poreless!
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
I have a somewhat oily T-zone with large pores on my nose and I've noticed that since using IS Clinical Active Serum that they look drastically reduced...even better than when I used to do a lactic acid peel. I use renova a couple of nights a week, but it did nothing to help reduce pore size, probably due to the emollients in it. But the active serum really makes my skin look so refined...almost poreless!

wow! This sounds so amazing. Jala, how long have you been using the active serum to get the "poreless" look?
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ocha--I've been using the active serum a few nights a week for over a month. But I noticed the difference in pore size after using it just a few times. hth Smile
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree, always wearing sunblok...
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
for large pore size,I would recommend MD formulation's facial lotion, that can reduce the pore size...
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I tried a "nose peel" from Sally Hansens (sp). And it was ok....it does clean the pores but I dont know that it shrunk anything.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |