Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your favorite organic skin care line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies!

Now that I have decided that I am no longer going to be ordering from Anna Belina, I need some ideas on good organic skin care lines. I guess all I really need is a cleanser and an exfoliant. I make my own toner, I use the Dr. H Normalizing Day Oil in the morning, and a bit of grapeseed oil at night.

I was thinking about using the Dr. H cleansing milk, since it seems like it would be gentle, but I hardly hear mention of it. I suppose while I am at it, I could also use the Cleansing Cream, but that stuff seems too gritty to use every day. My skin is pretty sensitive. Plus, I don't see how the CC actually *cleans*. It seems more like a daily exfoliant. Dr. H also seems a bit pricy.

Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
Shawna Smile
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I guess Dr. H isn't really organic either. Organic isn't so much a priority as finding something that is gentle, natural, etc.

Thanks!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite is Kosmea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I use both the cleansing milk and the cleansing cream. I find that the cream isn't much of a cream it's more like a exfoliant since it has almond pieces in it and you can't use it around your eyes. I first use the milk then the cream that you are supposed to "press" into your face. Maybe you already know about this though? Overall I like both of them. I thought that the milk might be too strong because it has a strong floral and herbal scent but it is not too strong and it works very nicely. It removes eye makeup too.
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna Smile,

Here are some of the organic brands I've tried:

Jurlique - the wrinkle softener and calendula cream were what I liked and would repurchase. I wasn't crazy about the cleansers.

Luzern Laboratories - the serums are 100% organic and are great. I also love the force de vie oxygen serum(lotion moisturizer)and the oxygen cleanser. This line made a huge difference in my skin and I will always keep it in my "rotation"

I have been using the Dr. H CC and like it so far.

Today I received the Organic Pharmacy's carrot butter cleanser and will post a review of it after using it.

I have just ordered from Rosa y Fruta: Ambrosia de Rosa and the Dulce Fresca and will post reviews when these turn up.

The one thing I know will be Holy Grail for me in my routine no matter what is Rosehip Oil .

I have combo-sensitive skin and after using this my t-zone has alot less oil production and my pores are smaller looking and this has made a noticeable difference for me.

Sorry for the long post Very Happy HTH
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I really like Jurlique....but also Kosmea ( a local South Australian company) and another company based in New Zealand called Trilogy do a terrific range too! I've just fallen for Trilogy's Hydrating mist toner actually! Kosmea and Trilogy are both all based on Rosehip oil.

Jurlique is a lot cheaper for us being here in Australia..whereas Dr Hauschka is undoubtedly cheaper in Germany etc ... nice line too.Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I just got a sample kit from the Organic Pharmacy, only tried the Antioxidant serum and gel so far although it contains all sorts of goodies. Too soon to say if they will have a noticeable effect, but I love the smell and texture of these products .
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
The Organic Pharmacy Rose Cleansing Gel is to die for. So gentle, a pleasure to use (lovely texture,comes off well, leaves skin soft and the scent is adorable). My full rave of it is on the review board.

For exfoliant, why not make your own? I used to do a "copy" of the Neal's Yard Remedies (another nice natural brand) one and it was easy as falling off a log.

I dont ahve my final recipe handy for the quantities/ratios I used, but basically I just used ground rice (rice powder purchased at the Asian section.. used in Japan to make the sticky rice balls), kaolin (or your own favorite clay.. this is for texture) a bit of mineral water, honey (again, you can experiment and choose different varieties), and a couple drops of essential oil. Voila!

You can also adjust for your skin condition... a bit of lemon juice added for skin lightening... a few drops of propolis for anti-bacterial ... some carrier oil (vit.E, jojoba, camellia, sweet almond, etc.)...you could even add things like yoghurt/milk powder/mashed avocado or banana or papaya for additional benefit. and after massaging you can leave it on for a few minutes as a mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Here are some of my organic & natural favourites:

Dr. Hauschka - Top products for me are the RNC caps, Rejuvenating mask, Clay mask, toners, Transluscent Bronzer & pressed powder.

Aubrey - Some of the best haircare items I've ever used. For skin, I love the Sea Buckthorn mask. It's a great treat and really makes the skin glow. The toners are also fairly cheap and very pleasant to use.

Jurlique - The Calendula creme rocks! I also like their Rose Hand creme, Rose toner and Moor mask.

Rachel Perry - The Tangerine Dream cleanser is AWESOME. If you're looking for a natural cleanser that works and smells terrific, check it out. They also make some nice scrubs and the Collagen Gel is nice. My only qualm is how they ruined the once fabulous Calendula-Cucumber lotion with cheaper ingredients and SPF Sad

Juice Beauty - Top picks are the Green Apple Peel mask and the Blemish Serum. I just picked up the Antioxidant serum from their CVS line and it's not quite as sticky as their Sephora version, it doesn't feel quite as "holistic."

SeaChi Organics - The Rose Geranium cleanser is now my favourite. The creme is also amazing, as is the quite $$$ Bulgarian Rose toner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
DR h CC isnt a cleanser but more a gentle exfoliant. You need to use a cleanser prior to using the Cleansing Cream. I use the Cleansing Milk and it is really nice and gentle.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Here are some of my favorite products from gentle/natural/organic lines:

Dr. H: Cleansing Cream and Astringent

PSF: Pumpkin Peel, Moisture Mask, O2 serum, C serum, Balancing Oil

Beauty Without Cruelty: Herbal Cleansing Cream, Maximum Moisture Cream, Moisture Mask

Jurlique: Rose Silk Dust

Juice Beauty: Green Apple Peel, Green Apple Cleanser, Blemish Serum

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim I have been thinking of making up my own version of the Neal's ard scrub and have all the ingredients but cannot get hold of any Ground Rice, have only seen Rice Flour.
I think I will have to order some from off line!!

What about trying a cleanser from Burt's Bees, the range is quite inexpensive.

There are some great suggestions here, some of these brands I have never even heard of, I can see this thread is going to prove quite dangerous Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:

There are some great suggestions here, some of these brands I have never even heard of, I can see this thread is going to prove quite dangerous Laughing

Haha, Rosebud, I just noticed our EDS "birthdays" are nearly the same Laughing

Have you tried any products from SeaChi? I think you'd quite love them. They have a nice sample pack which seems expensive, but, it comes with a 25% coupon on your next order which saved me a ton. I only thought I'd love one thing out of the sampler and wound up getting their full sized set. Was quite a deal with the discount.

Now I'm waiting for another seasonal discount to come via e-mail as I scrounge up the last bits of creme from it's bottle Confused Shock Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, ladies. These are some fabulous suggestions! I wonder if the rosehip oil would be good for my skin though, considering I am also acne prone. Acne prone and sensitive. Yeesh.

Smile
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I really recommend 2 cleansers; Eminence Organics Sweet Red Rose Cleanser and the Zenbiotics/TheVitalImage cleanser. The best exfoliator I've found is Shankara (shankara.com) Microchrystal exfoliation. Superb! Dr. Hauskas Cleansing cream is great, but you can also just use some almond butter...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
I really recommend 2 cleansers; Eminence Organics Sweet Red Rose Cleanser and the Zenbiotics/TheVitalImage cleanser. The best exfoliator I've found is Shankara (shankara.com) Microchrystal exfoliation. Superb! Dr. Hauskas Cleansing cream is great, but you can also just use some almond butter...

That's a great suggestion, I assume chunky? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
No...creamy Almond Butter (Just mix with alittle water in your hand, leave it on for a minute if you want extra deep cleansing) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
tisa wrote:

Luzern Laboratories - the serums are 100% organic and are great. I also love the force de vie oxygen serum(lotion moisturizer)and the oxygen cleanser. This line made a huge difference in my skin and I will always keep it in my "rotation"

Where do you buy this? I can't find hardly any information on their line or where they sell it. I was only able to find an ingredient list on 1 of their products that was much different then what they claim on their site. http://luzernlabs.wordpress.com/tag/paraben/

If you download their product brochure on their site: http://luzernlabs.com/Org._Cos._Broch.pdf It says that their products are Frangrance Free and Paraben and formadehyde free.

Then look at their ingredients list on this site:

http://www.blissworld.com/shop/detail/LZ-04/

ingredients> water (aqua purificata) purified, perfluorocarbon (organically derived micro-molecule oxygen carrier), cyclomethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, octyl isononanoate, PPG-15 stearyl ether, steareth-21, coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone-50), vitamin K1 (phytonadione), vitamin C ester (ascorbyl palmitate), glycerin, sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid), cucumber (cucumis sativus) extract, heather (calluna vulgaris) extract, green tea (camellia sinensis) extract, magnesium ascorbyl (vitamin C) phosphate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, barley (hordeum distichon) extract, apple (pyrus malus) extract, yeast extract, tocopheryl (vitamin E), acetate, honey, hydrogenated lecithin, steareth-2, phospholipids, comfrey leaf (symphytum officinale extract, arnica montana extract, tetrasodium EDTA, cetyl alcohol, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, corn (zea mays) oil, acrylates/C 10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium citrate, C-13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, butylene glycol, carbomer, polyacrylamide, natural fragrance, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, methyparaben, propylparaben, beta carotene algae extract

I feel like I can't trust any company anymore. Confused
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that has definetly parabens listed and other junk...bummer when products list "key ingredients", then you get the bottle where the full ingredient list shows... Confused
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty (Green Apple Peel, Cleansing gel and Blemish Serum) Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot a few more favorites...

Burt's Bees: Avocado Hair Butter and Apricot Body Oil

Ganache for Lips: Mocha Lip Balm

Desert Essence: jojoba oil, lip balm

Chidoriya: camellia oil, brown sugar and adzuki face soap

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love Ice Elements http://iceelements.com but then if you have read any of my recent posts, you already know that... Laughing
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:

Rosehip Oil can be used on oily and acne prone skin and will probably help. Wet your skin before applying the oil and it will sink in faster. Instead of water, I sometimes use rosewater mist or PSF O2 serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the line of Zia Basics. I'm not sure if they are organic, but they are all natural. In fact I actually like their Papaya Enzyme mask a tad more then the Juice Beauty Apple Peel. You do have to remember that when using their products your skin must be moist and a LITTLE goes a LONG LONG way! You can buy sample sizes for under $5 and they'll last you at least a month.

I also like Burts Bees Repair Serum with Attar of Rose, and the Orange Facial Cleanser.
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
BYRG
[/quote]Where do you buy this? I can't find hardly any information on their line or where they sell it. I was only able to find an ingredient list on 1 of their products that was much different then what they claim on their site. http://luzernlabs.wordpress.com/tag/paraben/

I order directly from Luzern. As I stated - only the serums are 100% Organic. The other products are not and it is my understanding that the company is trying to find an organic alternative to the parabens and that they only use minute amounts of them.

I too am not crazy about the use of parabens Confused - which is why I have opted to order products from Rosa y Fruta and the Organic Pharmacy.

One thing I've noticed in my quest for organic products is that often times companies don't list ingredients in an easily discernible way. When I received my Organic Pharmacy Carrot butter cleanser I was surprised to find that the carrot extract was 10th out 18 ingredients - and the other ingredients don't warrant the Ł20 for 65 ml price tag! Doubt

If you have any questions for Luzern- email them - they are very helpful. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |