Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need a good oxygen cream!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello guys!
I"ve fallin in love with oxygen therapy! I'm looking for a good lotion or cream with oxygen in it! I"ve tried the PSF serum(spray)I really liked it but didn't care much for the spray part and it didn't last very long! thanks for the help!
Annapurna
5% products discount

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I have used Vit-a-apricot from Karen Herzog and really liked it. Beware though - it will bleach our your eyebrows if you regularly use it.

My Husband likes the Herzog range too.

Rumor has it the original Remede line (from Bliss) was too close to the Herzog line and after a law suit was filed the Remede formulations all changed.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Two lines come to mind. The one mentioned in the above post Karin Herzog and also the oxygentating line by Pevonia. Good luck, let us know what you decide to try. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well skinprofusion I'm not sure if oxygen would work for skin thru a moisturizer. I think you'd be better off taking a walk and breathing the oxygen in. Theres just no proof an oxgenated cream works.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I think Peter Thomas Roth also makes oxygenated products, as does Sothys (I think theirs is an oxygenting serum) and P8N8.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
biotherm's hydra detox range may be an option. it doesn't contain oxygen but it contains a complex that increases the amount of oxygen your skin can actually absorb. haven't used the moisturisers but i have used the mask in the range and it's quite good

oli
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I use the PSF spray, also a product called OzOXygen by CMI technologies, they are a manufacturer out of TOronto. I love the creams, have used them for a few years, not sure if they have a web site. The number is #1-888-888-Peel, hths. (it is supposed to be stabalized oxygen , there is a cream, eye cream , serum and cleanser, also a lip serum).
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Skyn Iceland's Oxygen Infusion night cream is great. Feels so good on my skin and really gives me a glow the morning after. You can get it at Sephora. I hope EDS adopts this line soon! Wink
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I don't know much about Oxygen Therapy. So, besides giving a glow as dollbird mentioned, what other good results have you guys gained from using Oxygen stuff?
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:30 am      Reply with quote
I´m a total nitwit when it comes to this, but wouldn´t O2 actually cause damage to the skin (oxidating ? free radical damage)? I´ve always thought that´s what we´re trying to avoid by using antioxidants like vit C and the like.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait I thought that too! I know that some products like the PSF 02 serum use a special "type" of oxygen that is not supposed to cause oxidative damage and some other products may have similar kinds of oxygen that would not be damaging. However, some of the brands mentioned, Karin Herzog and Remede that I know of, use hydrogen peroxide which I would not put on my skin because I believe that they can cause damage. Benzoyl Peroixde is supposed to be a potent oxidizer and I avoid using that also.

If you do a forum search on this you will find more information.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa! I´ve read about oxygen products earlier, and actually have the PSF serum, but I still think oxygen treatments would be damaging, or at least not beneficial. I´ve yet to see conclusive evidence of it´s benefits. If anyone knows of such, please let me know.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Thanks Theresa! I´ve read about oxygen products earlier, and actually have the PSF serum, but I still think oxygen treatments would be damaging, or at least not beneficial. I´ve yet to see conclusive evidence of it´s benefits. If anyone knows of such, please let me know.

EXACTLY what i would think. i saw a commercial not long ago from, correct me if i am wrong..clearisal? an oxygen face wash? Isn't there a reason they hype up antioxidants...because oxygen is the main free radical that speeds up the aging process? Can anyone else give some insight on this? It's rather confusing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
blah, i did not take the time to read other comments previous...but it's nice to know i'm not alone thinking this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
i'm confused too. Also, if it's a spray, wouldn't the oxygen have dissipated before it reaches the skin?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
katharina wrote:
i'm confused too. Also, if it's a spray, wouldn't the oxygen have dissipated before it reaches the skin?

not knowing ANYTHING about this, but if I remember correctly from PSFs website they say that the "special" oxygen they use is "fixed" to some other substance that makes it stable and will not dissapear before reaching the skin...that's at least how I understood it...

Darren come and explain this for us!!!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Here is a quote from Darren from an earlier thread that should answer some of your questions.

Quote:
pbsadhaka said:
Lucia,
Yes, you are correct about the O2 Serum. It does not work on the same premise as Hydrogen Peroxide. It is a stabilized form of oxygen that attaches to a free radical & neutralizes it. I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence here, but maybe a quick overview on what a free radical is might help clear up any confusion:
A free radical is a toxic compound that has lost a negatively charged electron. It is produced in the body as a by-product of metabolic oxidation. It therefore carries a positive charge and is unstable. It is capable of attracting an electron away from a vital cellular site such as the electron-rich DNA. Loss of an electron can damage a cell and alter its ability to perform its special function or to replicate itself normally. By introducing an oxygen rich compound with a weak attraction to one of its electrons, O2 Rescue Serum has a spare negative oxygen, and readily surrenders an electron to a free radical. This stabilizes and neutralizes the free radical, which then becomes a stable compound and no longer poses a threat to cell structures.
This is the basic premise for the most effective and stable antioxidants. Traditional antioxidants, however (green tea, vitamin c, etc), still have a positively charged oxygen, so the negative bonds with the spare positive in the body, but then creates an unstable bond in the antioxidant. So then that molecule searches out another spare negative oxygen, and the process continues, but on a lesser & lesser scale. So in reality, there are still free radicals, but they are slightly less damaging, as they begin to act on the antioxidant instead of the biological cell structure of the body.
Hope this makes sense!
-Darren

Here is a link to the tread that I got the quote from. The thread is about hydrogen peroxide for those who are interested.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6598&highlight=hydrogen+peroxide

HTH
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |