Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)
"Easy Straight" 3 month hair straightener that is
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I heard about it on the view today. They said it is similar but better than the Japanese one that was out. I'm not familiar with that but anyway...

There is also a formula that lets you try it out and lasts 4-7 shampoos. you can get it at CVS or walgreens or other stores they mention on the site. It can be for people with really coarse, unruly hair or those with just curly or wavy and want more manageable hair, even in humid climates. I am so sick of using the flat iron. My hair is an "icky" wave, not even curly. So I HAVE to straighten it. it is also very good for your hair.

https://www.easystraight.com/main.htm

This page compares to other straighteners:

http://www.easystraight.com/3monthvsother.htm
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great! Anyone knows how I can get it in Canada?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
They have a list on the "where to buy" page
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Im sure I've read bad reviews for that somwhere...cant remember where.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I checked MUA and not there.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Sounds great! Anyone knows how I can get it in Canada?

I like to know too!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this yet????
I have a oily scalp so I have to wash my hair every night. I blow dry my hair (its bra-strap length), then use a curling iron or chi 1" straightener iron to get the frizz/waves more manageable. Then I use hot rollers to give it some body. It take 45 mins, and I'm sick of doing this every single night!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried it yet but I am going to try the 1 week formula. It can smooth and straighten hair and yet leave plenty of body.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think it waswww.vogue.com.au

someone said it ruined her hair and she followed the directions precisely. Personally i wouldnt touch any at home straightening with a bar of soap some things are best left to a hairdresser.You may do more damage to your hair than a iron will.
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have never tried this before but I can understand how frustrating when your hair is not exactly straight or curly... I used "bombastic" to describe my frizzy hair. I am not sure if you have heard of this Japanese Hair Straigthening process called "rebonding" . It's suppose to restructure your hair. It worked for me, it should last for at least a year. But as I have naturally wavy hair, each rebonding last approximately 8-10 months before the roots starts to rebel. I did my rebondings in Singapore (where I was from), what I found similar in Canada is what they call "Chi Straightening" and the hair salons at the chinese places provides rebonding in Toronto and Markham. Personally I have a few unfortunate experiences with home straigtening kit. The effect is not as expected and made my hair really brittle and dry.
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just in case you are wondering the price, I checked with the local salon which provides "chi straightening" they charge by the hour and normally this process takes 4-6 hours depending on your hair. I went for the free consultation and it is suppose to be about $400-500 to straighten my hair... So I am going to hold on because rebonding is about C$150 back in Singapore and I'll be going back in a couple of months. I am currently using a ceramic flat iron which I ordered from Folica.com and pretty happy with the temporary result, other than the fact that I have to spend 15-20 minutes straightening my hair daily... can't wait to get my hair rebonded again, so I can just wash, then even leave it to air dry and end up with shiny, smooth and straight hair... Razz
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Natning- did the hair straightening process cause any hair problems at all, such as hair falling out more, etc.? I hate my natural wavy and frizzy hair. I am very interested in rebonding if it does not weaken the hair.
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I have that icky wave too and straightened my hair for most of my life. Then I happened upon a copy of "Curly Girl" by Lorraine someone. It was brilliant. Now I go between curly (yes big "s" waves) and straight depending on what my mood it. Just scrunch with a bit of gel and go. It's brilliant. You can learn to love that wave if you go with it instead of against it.

I must admit I do use a ceramic straightener but it only takes about 15 - 20 min to do and I have THICK hair.

Juliette
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Natning- did the hair straightening process cause any hair problems at all, such as hair falling out more, etc.? I hate my natural wavy and frizzy hair. I am very interested in rebonding if it does not weaken the hair.

No issues for me, I tried relaxing, the result was unnatural. I am happy with all my rebondings. I have done it for about 4 times since the technique first came into the market.My hair is smooth and silky, just like the typical lucky gal on the street with smooth shiny hair. But my stylist always advise against coloring/highlighting 1 month before and after rebonding.
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 10, 2024 7:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |