Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
photolagen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew what the texture of photolagen was like. I got it yesterday and I quess I expected it to be more creamy, like a lotion, and its kind of in between, like a lotiony serum thing. Is it supposed to be like that? It sunk right in and everything but it was kind of slimy at first. Thanks everyone.
Mabsy

Tue May 09, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes, mine has the same texture as you describe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
That's how mine is too. My problem is that the bottle I have has a flaw and as a result about 1/4 of it spilled out during shipping. Mad I emailed the company and they never got back to me so if I decide to reorder it will definitely be with EDS this time! I only went with them intially because they were the only ones I could find that sold the sample pack as well.

Mabsy - I think I remember reading that you liked this because it really moisturized your skin, correct? I ask because after I put this on my face fills a bit tight and I have to put something else over it. Also, I'm wondering what you and anyone else using it has seen as far as results. I'm at about 1 week and I haven't seen anything to make me repurchase as of yet. Thanks!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I bought this initially for the "firming" and skin smoothing properties. I did not however notice too much the first couple of weeks. Into my 7th week now I'm seeing a differece in skin smoothness and firmness. I think the tightness you are feeling is the active in it that is firming up the skin, which is why I love it.

I also had 2 sun-spots on my face that have faded considerably over the past few weeks (not quite gone though) and some diminishing of fine lines around the mouth area.

I think this is a product that has a cummulative effect and you notice improvements the longer you use it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks sportygirl! I had high hopes for this so I'm glad to hear that I just need to give it more time. I just wish I hadn't lost as much as I did during shipment. Crying or Very sad

I was wondering how you've incorporated this into your routine. The instructions say not to use toner with it and to apply it first, right after cleansing. Is this how you're applying it? And are you just using it once or twice a day? I'd love to hear what others are doing and seeing from it too!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I use it once a day at night on a clean face with the tripeptinon over it, although I used it alone for about 5 weeks until I finally caved and bought the tripeptinon after a review that "bushy" did.

The directions actually say to apply to a clean residue-free face, so have been doing this faithfully since I first started using it.

I only tone in the AM before my Pro-heal and Valmont Cyto 11 complex and of course - sunscreen! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. So, I should just be using at night. Can I use it with an aha also?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
You can use it anytime. I just use it at nite because the Pro-Heal has a 15% Vit.C in it so use PH in the AM.

I'm not sure about the AH, as the Photolagen acts like an AH (you can refer to the product info.) and actually smooths the skin.

I had considered IS Cinicals active serum as I've used AHA's in the past and loved the skin smoothing effects, but decided to just keep using the Photolagen because it was doing the same thing without the irritation. It also "adds" amino peptides which AHA's alone don't have.

I like the idea of being able to smooth my skin while adding other great actives at the same time! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
sorry gurls, but what is Photolagen? Smile and which line carries it?!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Amino Genesis.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
When you click on Amino Genesis product list, under the AG blurb, there are two aras that say Questions and Answers. Click on the Q & A for Photolagen and all the info. is there. They say that a clinical trial of this product showed that Photolagen was found to be more effective than AHA's or Retinol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I saw that too, wondering if you still need retin a.
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sportygirl Question
Were you using the Proheal and Valmont cyto II for awhile before the Photolagen, and can attribute the improvements seen to the Photolagen? The Valmont sounds great but HOLY $$$!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
No, I purchased them all at the same time except the Pro-Heal as I was finishing up another C product, but have been applying them the same way since I received them.

All the Valmont products are $$$, but for some reason my face just loves this stuff. It just seems to be a really good product for me, and works well with the chemistry of my skin. Very Happy

Wed May 10, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Mabsy - I think I remember reading that you liked this because it really moisturized your skin, correct? I ask because after I put this on my face fills a bit tight and I have to put something else over it. Also, I'm wondering what you and anyone else using it has seen as far as results. I'm at about 1 week and I haven't seen anything to make me repurchase as of yet. Thanks!

I'm now using this with the Replenix serum as we've had much cooler weather recently so I am needing a little bit extra moisture. Also, I use a toner as well so that probably helps with hydration as well. I don't think I have seen any very significant results with it just yet, but I do use it for prevention more than anything. I have recently seen a lightening of a spider vein I had close to my lips but I have also used many IS Clinical samples so I am not sure which product to attribute this to unfortunately Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I am one of the culprits who have raved about Photolagen and I still continue to use it twice a day. I am not sure that it matters in which order you use it but I have always applied it last like a moisturiser. The only exception to this is that I apply Tripeptinon over the top of it. I have applied it over Vit C, Retinol, AHA and in all cases, it seemed to calm my skin. I am starting to believe now that it is diminishing some of my lines which I thought were going to be craters forever for which I am very grateful. I also use a tiny amount around my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Well since the ingredients and description sounds so nice and soothing yet provides gentle exfoliation, I actually put this all over when I use it, even my eyes and lips. I've found that it actually helps to plump my lips a bit too! I'll report back after I've been using it a few weeks and hopefully will have some improvements to report. Thanks for the info everyone!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls Wink Is everyone loving this stuff still - quite interested to know Very Happy

Thanks Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
rashirosey - Yes, I'm on my second bottle and still loving it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, still use and still love it. Only on my 3rd bottle but it does seem to last quite a while.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks sportygirl and bushi - its going to be on my next order!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Your welcome! Hope you like it as much as I do! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm still on my first bottle but I will be reordering. Its light and absorbs well. Been using around my eyes too and my chest. I really like it.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |