Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help, My face is a mess all of a sudden!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I sure hope my forum buddies can help me decipher this one. Over this past week my chin has started to get blemishes and blackheads as well as on my nose. It's been at least a year since I had any kind of a pimple. Two to three weeks ago I started using ISC active and super serum, once to 2x aday. My other routine hasn't deviated. What gives? I like the way the rest of my face looks with the ISC products. Any thoughts or suggestions? Like what I can do that works quickly to try and clear up the breakouts and blackheads. Thanks.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Well, I guess first of all i would stop putting the ISC serum on your chin/nose. Secondly, just keep your nose/chin clean, don't squeeze/pick anything, and apply a product with salicylic acid for now until things clear up. I mean, that's would I would do, but I'm sure more people will reply better advice.

Skin is strange I find. I tried the avocado oil trick and put it on my lips for about a week, and then found that the pores started blocking around my lips so I have stopped. Sometimes what you think is a good idea for your skin, your skin just doesn't like!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been breaking out mainly on my chin too. I'm currently taking Genuine Health Daily Detox supplements and using Juice Beauty (Green Apple Peel, Blemish Serum and Cleansing Gel) which I think are helping.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I started breaking out a lot too recently. I would only have an occasional blemish here and there before that would quickly heal and go away. But now I'm getting a lot of them all at once. Two big ones on my jaw far away from each other that are just not healing. They don't seem to be active anymore, just red bumps but they are not going away, it's been a couple weeks! And then I even noticed the other day that I'm getting a bunch of little break outs on one side of my neck. I think it might have to do with too heavy of oils I was using for my skin type. I was using Rose Hip Oil and Olive Oil for moisturizing as well as Vit. C serum with Glycerine, although that was more recent.

What is the fastest and best way to clear up your skin? Is salicylic acid the best, or something else as well? I'm at a crisis point right now, I have to clear this up. So I'm not going to use any oils or serums until it's clear. I'm just using these salicylic acid pads (5%) and aloe vera and some tea tree oil for spot treatments.

Does the salicylic acid cause a purging process before it clears up your skin? Cause it seemed like a couple days after starting it that my skin is getting worse. Like more bumps under my skin and this morning I felt the beginning of a new one forming on my chin. It hasn't erupted yet but is a little red under the skin and I can feel it. Like a nasty volcano ready to erupt. I hate having combination skin. My skin never looks oily or shiny on it's own, it doesn't seem oily. It seems dry. Yet it breaks out on the slightest bit of too much oil applied to it. Or the wrong kinds.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
I started breaking out a lot too recently. I would only have an occasional blemish here and there before that would quickly heal and go away. But now I'm getting a lot of them all at once. Two big ones on my jaw far away from each other that are just not healing. They don't seem to be active anymore, just red bumps but they are not going away, it's been a couple weeks! And then I even noticed the other day that I'm getting a bunch of little break outs on one side of my neck. I think it might have to do with too heavy of oils I was using for my skin type. I was using Rose Hip Oil and Olive Oil for moisturizing as well as Vit. C serum with Glycerine, although that was more recent.

What is the fastest and best way to clear up your skin? Is salicylic acid the best, or something else as well? I'm at a crisis point right now, I have to clear this up. So I'm not going to use any oils or serums until it's clear. I'm just using these salicylic acid pads (5%) and aloe vera and some tea tree oil for spot treatments.

Does the salicylic acid cause a purging process before it clears up your skin? Cause it seemed like a couple days after starting it that my skin is getting worse. Like more bumps under my skin and this morning I felt the beginning of a new one forming on my chin. It hasn't erupted yet but is a little red under the skin and I can feel it. Like a nasty volcano ready to erupt. I hate having combination skin. My skin never looks oily or shiny on it's own, it doesn't seem oily. It seems dry. Yet it breaks out on the slightest bit of too much oil applied to it. Or the wrong kinds.

I can't stand salicylic acid. It makes my skin worse. I prefer using clay masks/treatments. I also find drinking lots of warm water with lemon squeezed into it, really helps my skin.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
I sure hope my forum buddies can help me decipher this one. Over this past week my chin has started to get blemishes and blackheads as well as on my nose.

I feel your pain (no punt intended Cool ) I too, have developed blackheads, more than the norm that is. I think the culprit is a sample of Caudalie Radiance Serum but I 'm not certain. I did sample ISC ProHeal for a few days so it could have been that. To clear up blackheads I recommend Mario Bandescu's Silver Powder--I love this stuff!! I apply a thin layer and wait about 10 mins. and then rinse it off. I gently sqeeze the skin around the blackhead ( I know you're not supposed to do this, but hey it works for me without any scarring). After which I apply a product containing salicytic acid. All of this usually does the trick! As for blemishes (pimples) I find that Murad's Acne Spot Gel (forget the actual name), works wonderfully. This is a sulphur based product which doesn't irritate or peel my skin. I'm not sure what is causing your breakouts--maybe weather change?? How about hormones? Whatever the case I hope you find something that helps soon!!!!!!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
My Derm says that break outs in the chin are often hormonal. Then other parts of the face can be due to stress/environment already. Maybe your hormones are going haywire for some reason?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with joziegrozy. Due to quitting the pill, my chin has been breaking out in cystic acne. Hopefully my body learns how to regulate its own hormones again and my skin can get back to normal.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Well my chin seems to be better. I used a mild scrub on my face, then skipped a day with the ISC actives, applied a light layer of EMU oil and hoped for the best. so today it's better. I don't know what it was? I'm menopausal, taking HRT so nothing's changed there. I have been under a lot, I mean alot of stress lately later maybe that's the culprit,
anyway hope it's clear skin ahead.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:01 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain, I suspect it may be the super serum. I like the ISC products but unfortunately, super really breaks me out and so does active to a lesser degree.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |