Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Alima Luminous Shimmer Blush in Sugar Rose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Like I said in my other blush review, I've spent my whole life struggling with blush, and then in the last couple weeks I lucked into two gorgeous blushes perfect for my fair skin, and this blush is one of them. Alima Luminous Shimmer Blush in Sugar Rose is a neutral beigy-pink with gold shimmer, very similar to Bourjois' Lune D'Or. If you use a light hand it can double as a face brightener, as well as a lovely blush. It goes on very smoothly (esp. with my Alima blush brush ) and it hasn't clogged any pores. I also love that it's unfragranced since its Sephora sister Lune D'Or is very heavily perfumed, ugh. A full-size jar (which I will definitely be purchasing) at Alimacosmetics.com costs $14, which I think is very reasonable. You can also try a sample for only $1. Yet another homerun for Alima!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I've been SOOOO lemming this. I've such a fan of Alima's Shimmer Blushes but this is one of their lighter colours so not sure if it'll show up on me. One of Alima's MUAs also told me it's a bit more brown than pink so I might not like it so manslayerliz if it's not too much trouble can you PLEASE post a picture up of this colour so I get a IRL image of the color?

Btw, the same MUA told me in late November they'll be doing a special on blushes in January when I asked him whether there'll be blushes in the Holiday sets. Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I agree, their blushes are beautiful. Unfortunately for me, the ONLY time I ever had spots on my cheekbones was when I tried them.. Crying or Very sad

I'd LOVE to hear if anyone knows of a similar look mineral blush that is less break - out inducing than Alima.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui- I tried to snap a picture, but the overhead lighting made it look somewhat orange... Confused It's overcast right now, but when we get some sun I'll try taking a picture in natural light. In the meantime, though, I'll tell you that having seen your picture, I think this color would look gorgeous on you! To me it's pretty much evenly divided between pink and beigy-brown, but it doesn't look dirty or muddy at all, it just gives me a pretty, natural flush. Also, the gold shimmer is somewhat noticeable but not at all garish. I guess I'll be waiting til I hear about the blush special before I order the full size, though (if I can wait that long, LOL), so thanks for the tip! I'll post a pic as soon as I can take a good one, K?

catski- I've got skin that clogs at the drop of a hat, and I've been using this blush for a few days without any clogged pores, so maybe you might want to give it one more shot? For color Bourjois' Lune D'Or is very similar, but for overall look, performance, etc, I can't think of any blush I've tried that's as nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Shock
manslayerliz, I binned the samples!

I did it in a spirit of stoical resignation. I never thought of trying again. Booooooo Crying or Very sad
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks manslayerliz that would be great! I was just worried it won't show up on me because Primrose doesn't show up on me at all and Peony needs a bit of layering to get sufficient colour on me.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Another thing I'll do is since I have a sample of peony, I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it compares to the sugar rose, and then I'll report back!^-^ (Don't have any primrose so I can't compare, but I have been lemming it so maybe I'll get a sample with my next order...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Peony is a very beautiful colour and I wished it worked on me - but I do think it's a bit similar to say Candy except not as warm. Primrose is pretty light pink, I thought it would show up on me since mineral blushes tend to be more pigmented but alas it did not. If Peony works for you I wouldn't recommend Primrose as I think Primrose is a very basic plain colour and it might need layering if Peony shows up on you. Primrose for me could be used as an all over face highlighter and I don't think I'm dark at all - I'm NC20 or 80%O1 20%W1 in Alima. It's also much lighter than the picture on the site.

I'd also recommend Candy for you - it's SOOOO nice and it's as the description says - more neutral pink. It's my fav so far, I also like Rosa but that would be too dark for your skin. I read good reviews on Aurora too so I'm lemming that as well.

OT for a sec - have you had a chance to try Carrie's Tinted Lush Lips? While I was writing my review of the colours it popped into my head that Apricot Glow would be the perfect colour for you matching your hair and the blushes - just a thought Wink
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, here's a picture I took today--- Sugar Rose is on the left, and Bourjois' Lune D'Or is on the right. Sorry it's so blurry--- as soon as I get some sunlight I'll take a better one and repost.

I'm totally excited about trying candy!! I'll def. get a sample with my next order and let you know how it works. (I hope they start their blush promo soon!) I've got a sample of Aurora, so I'll try it and tell you what I think. (Man, Alima blush is sooo addictive, LOL!)

Also, I LOVE Carrie's lush lips! I tried to order Apricot Glow last time, but Carrie didn't have any emu/castor oil-free AG last time so I had to try some other colors to tide me over. However, I just placed a new order and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the AG this time, so I'm totally excited to try it. I'll let you know how it works--- thanks so much for the rec!!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I've got an update. First of all, I tried taking some more pictures today, but somehow I just couldn't get the color to show up accurately, so you may just wanna go ahead and get a sample of it so you can see it with your own eyes. Next, Sormuimui, I tried "Aurora" today, and actually the color seems very similar to "Sugar Rose" except less pigmented, so I had to apply with a much heavier hand to get it to show up. The end result looked nice, but I think I still prefer Sugar Rose, and I think you would be better off with Sugar Rose since it's more pigmented. HTH! I'll keep the updates coming!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
The next color I tried was "Dianthus," which is described as a cool rosy pink with subtle gold highlights. I love it!!! For some reason it just makes my whole face come alive! I think I still may like Sugar Rose the best, but this is a close second, so I may have to get both of them.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |