Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Meaningful Beauty - Cindy Crawford
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I have her vidoes from the 90's and I swore by this gal. I figured if she endorsed skin care it would be good stuff so yes I did get suckered in by the informercial (damn those infomercials) and I bought this line. I had just been using MD Formulations which I really liked but I realised that it was going to be expensive and MB was promising to be half the price.

Anyway, right away I could tell that the ingredients were less than quality. It feels really silicone-like and yes my skin is smooth but I get the feeling that it is the residue left on my skin that is smooth and underneath my skin is crying out for moisture.

I also think it is ridiculous to have a one product suits all philosophy.

Needless to say, I am returning it for a refund but of course I had to pay shipping which I won't get back.

If you have been thinking about it and are using good quality products, don't bother.

Juliette
MarishiaM

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I would just like to say that i work for meaningful beauty and i have her alot of people that do not like the product. But i do need to say that all ing. are listed on the web and that it may not work for anyone. you may just be in that percent. Also the shipping is not refunded because you have to pay to get and return the prod. If you call and let them know that you never wanted the prod. they will refund the account. But you do need to know that if you used the prod. you will not get a refund.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am always skeptical of skin care that is endorsed or promoted by a celebrity. That in itself is not a good enough reason to buy or use a product. Yes, always best to read ingredients and judge from there. Also, check EDS for reports on the product.

I can't think of one such product that I would use. Not saying they don't exist (and love to hear what others say) but I cannot think of any specific celebrity products that anyone raves about. I remember Victoria Principal had a line a long while back and what happened with that?
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
ditto....I always find it hard to believe that with their connections to fancy salons, best products and all their money....they would use stuff sold on midnite TV.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
They use their celebrity to add to their coffers. And AMEN - you can't tell me they are using something sold on late night television but they expect gullible women to do this. I find it insulting and disappointing and it tends to lower my opinion.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it is always better to stick with professional line, in this case you know it is a good quality.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I think the only ones who benefit from these boutique "celebrity" endorsed beauty lines are the manufacturers and the celebrities who endorse the product...

Just because Cindy is/was a supermodel - doesn't mean that she knows skincare. JMHO...

I'd rather spend my money on products with some real science (and proof) behind them...
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for a month but it made my skin red and cracked looking, especially on my forehead..it was quite weird...I returned it and got my money back with no problems. not a good line at all. not sure how cindy crawford can endorse it.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Well what makes me laugh is that she starts off by naming the surgeon who does her vitamin/collagen injections and who she has seen for about 20 year. Plus the photo of her in her younger days and the more recent doesn't show her out of makeup, and we all know how well a good makeup artist can hide flaws!

taobunny wrote:
I think the only ones who benefit from these boutique "celebrity" endorsed beauty lines are the manufacturers and the celebrities who endorse the product...

Just because Cindy is/was a supermodel - doesn't mean that she knows skincare. JMHO...

I'd rather spend my money on products with some real science (and proof) behind them...
miss kauai

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the new line, which includes the glowing serum and other serums, but I have to say that I do like the night fluid. I didn't care for the cleanser, but I do like the mask and the eye cream. I actually do my own regimen of vitamin c serum followed by elizabeth arden anti bye lines serum and top it off with the MB night fluid and I glow in the mornin. Whenever I use a different night cream I don't get the same results, which makes me feel that its the MB night fluid that makes the difference. I love the night fluid and will buy it alone on ebay because you can't buy it seperately from MB.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
i have seen this line being advertised on tv.....and i even wanted to get it......but i had a feeling that its just good marketing,most products are that are on tv, especially ones that use celebrities behind it. Lucky I did not fall into that trap AGAIN Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Arghh! I'm sure Cindy Crawford is using quite a lot more than a "secret melon extract" to keep that youthful look...

Just ask her *real* Derm and Plastic Surgeon.. Rolling Eyes

I am so sick to death of B.S. celebrity endorsements, and feel really sorry for the folks that buy things on their say so..

And while I'm on my rant, I'm also sick to death of the illusion of perfection gracing every one of these crappy ads, and every magazine we're inundated with at the checkout stand...

What happened to all the REAL women in the world, warts and all? Are we to be put out to pasture after age 25? That sure is the message we're getting, dontcha think?

What a crock of poo-poo it all is....

In my humble opinion of course!
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:38 am      Reply with quote
KassyA i feel exactly the same......and most of the photos in magazine are even photoshoped airbrushed........and it makes you think that flawless loook glowing skin but its not even real!. When we have impections...acne, uneven skintone etc......we tend to fall into the trap that all the marketing puts out towards us in the hopes of getting that flawless look - something which isnt even real! not to mention the total waste of money buying products that dont even work!. I cant say how many times iv put money into products that dont do jackxxxx!
well there goes my ranting Embarassed

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Meaningful Beauty for a couple of weeks now and I can say that my skin has never looked or felt worse! It is red, dry, chapped and flaking. I am 44 yo, do not have sensitive or dry skin (until now) and this product feels like it has sucked every drop of moisture out of my skin. Don't waste your effort or money (because to get my money back I will have to pay to ship this S--t back!) on this product. Cindy C. must be very hard up for a gig for her to endorse it. Wish me luck on getting my skin turned around!
tigerlily1997
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Arghh! I'm sure Cindy Crawford is using quite a lot more than a "secret melon extract" to keep that youthful look...

Just ask her *real* Derm and Plastic Surgeon.. Rolling Eyes

I am so sick to death of B.S. celebrity endorsements, and feel really sorry for the folks that buy things on their say so..

And while I'm on my rant, I'm also sick to death of the illusion of perfection gracing every one of these crappy ads, and every magazine we're inundated with at the checkout stand...

What happened to all the REAL women in the world, warts and all? Are we to be put out to pasture after age 25? That sure is the message we're getting, dontcha think?

What a crock of poo-poo it all is....

In my humble opinion of course!

Ditto..

I remember chuckling when the Victoria Principal line came out..
after all, her husband was a plastic surgeon and she always looked a little tanked up with the botex.
To me, not a good look.
But I suppose if it's anyone under pressure to remain the perpetual teen..it would be the celebrities.
And too sad here to see all these 20 somethings agonizing over ever little flaw as a result of all that advertising.

The celebs should stay off the skincare bandwagon, however.
It just makes them look either greedy or desperate to me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with all of the preceeding postings. It's a sin. The message we give to our children of perfection - especially the young teens, etc. Noone looks like their picture in a magazine. And then we have the "Pathetic creatures " ie: the Men of the world who think other women actually look like that and who may be displeased that they can't find one or why can't the old girl at home look like that. Oh My.

Where will it end? There was MORE magazine cover recently. It had Jane Fonda, Sharon Stone and Tea Leoni. They were all so re-done, , photoshopped, fake looking - it was disgusting. The remarks that followed from the on-line readers nailed them for this.

I cancelled my subscription. I'm sick of it. What's wrong with making the best of what you have - that is what is real. Maybe we shold all carry around an airbrushed, photoshopped picture of ourself and say "Here is my magazine look, just so you know..."

Okay I was ranting too!

Let's let this thread drop. Cindy blah, blah and her fake endorsed line doesn't deserve to have her name and the product popping up on EDS.
eireann
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was almost suckered into buying the Meaningful Beauty line too, the infomercial was very convincing. Fortunately I did some research online and found a link to a magazine where Cindy Crawford admitted that she has been using botox since she was 29 years old!!! Who needs to use botox at that age?? There is so much pressure on these celebs to stay young, I sometimes feel bad for them. But as far as I'm concerned she is being very dishonest in her infomercial claiming her youthful looks come from her skin line, when she obviously has been using other methods as well.

Anyway, that was the end of Meaningful Beauty for me!

5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
eireann wrote:
I was almost suckered into buying the Meaningful Beauty line too, the infomercial was very convincing. Fortunately I did some research online and found a link to a magazine where Cindy Crawford admitted that she has been using botox since she was 29 years old!!! Who needs to use botox at that age?? There is so much pressure on these celebs to stay young, I sometimes feel bad for them. But as far as I'm concerned she is being very dishonest in her infomercial claiming her youthful looks come from her skin line, when she obviously has been using other methods as well.

Anyway, that was the end of Meaningful Beauty for me!

I too read this about Cindy - all that botox. And who knows what else. All that is fine and I say go for it. But don't "pretend" you don't use it and try to sell me skin care. For someone like Cindy to not be completely upfront, is sad, it just makes us normal women feel so awful about ourselves. All those photoshopped magazine covers do nothing for us. In fact, when you think about it, imagine how hard the star on the cover has to work to look like that!!
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I can tell the "secret melon extract" is Super Oxide Dismutase, which is an antioxidant but by no means the most potent or effective antioxidant.
She talks about Mesotherapy on the commercials which is sort of like injecting a multivitamin cocktail into the skin (yes, injecting with a needle). Applying a cream and injecting a concentrated solution are two separate concepts, and applying something to the skin doesn't have the same results as injecting the exact same substance into the dermis.
I love you Cindy, but maybe you should stick to the workout videos.
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
My mom just told me that she bought MB. I've been begging her to stop buying everything she sees and save her money. But it's her money.

I'm posting because someone mentioned Principal Secret. Believe it or not, but I use it and love it. I started using it when I got pregnant and my skin was so painful and dry. I'm not going to lie and say that my skin is now perfect. No one is perfect, but my skin feels better. And yes it helped with the fine lines. My favorite products are the eye serum and enzyme peel. Has anyone else tried it?

5% products discount

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Shylass, I used Prinicpal Reclaim a few years ago and I thought it was pretty good - it looked and felt nice on my skin and didn't irritate my Rosacea. However I eventually had to move on because I needed something more for my rosacea, to soothe and help with the redness. I now use Rosacea Care but I'm still looking for a moisturizer that will deal with both Rosacea and aging.

I think the Principal line is one of the better 'celebrity' brands, although I've only tried one other: Jane Seymour's products dried up my skin and played havoc with my Rosacea. Never again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
LOL I was just about to mention Jane Seymour's products, they are called "Natural Advantage".

Also Heidi Klum (another supermodel) has products out that she is endorsing, called "In an Instant".

I'm pretty shocked re Jane Fonda, as at one point I thought she was making a stand against having her photographs on the cover of a magazine airbrushed. I suppose its something that the magazines do on their own accord, but it would be interesting to see what the celebs looked like without airbrushing.

I always thought Sharon Stone was another natural beauty who was accused of having work done, but it was never substantiated as being a fact?
eireann wrote:
Shylass, I used Prinicpal Reclaim a few years ago and I thought it was pretty good - it looked and felt nice on my skin and didn't irritate my Rosacea. However I eventually had to move on because I needed something more for my rosacea, to soothe and help with the redness. I now use Rosacea Care but I'm still looking for a moisturizer that will deal with both Rosacea and aging.

I think the Principal line is one of the better 'celebrity' brands, although I've only tried one other: Jane Seymour's products dried up my skin and played havoc with my Rosacea. Never again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I learned my lesson when it came out that Cindy had been getting botox for years! Yeah, secret formula alright. And she had that french doctor working with her too. Celebrity + dermatologist endorsement = Mega dollars. Celebs who just use their name to peddle inferior products are doing their fans a major disservice. Now when I see something that is celebrity endorsed I usually roll my eyes. Rolling Eyes

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |